Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

we will overcome, yet never forget

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#16    reese92

reese92

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 246 posts

Posted 17 September 2001 - 07:06 PM

Again, attaching yourself to someone else? (this time me)  Don't try to use what I say to your benefit. Find your own words, and use them.  I am not angry, and I am sorry that you 'percieve' me to be.

#17    Homer

Homer

Government Agent

• 3,814 posts

Posted 17 September 2001 - 07:09 PM

Like I really want to attach myself to you ::) :P

Whatever Teresa

אַ֭תָּה אֱלֹהֵ֣י יִשְׁעִ֑י

#18    reese92

reese92

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 246 posts

Posted 17 September 2001 - 07:19 PM

I wasn't talking about that.

'Attaching' is a selling method.  

A very effective one.  It can also happen when stating the way someone feels.  You try to 'attach' whatever is in question, with the strongest or most popular view.  You 'attached' yourself, by feeding the ego of others', that they would somehow agree with you, because to not, they would be 'confused' like me.  
That is 'attaching'.  Nothing physical.

#19    Homer

Homer

Government Agent

• 3,814 posts

Posted 17 September 2001 - 08:04 PM

Teresa,

Confused and funny, I like that. So if anyone has any further questions or problems about life, ask doctor Teresa. You see how silly you look ;D

Homer[glow=color,strength,width]

#20    reese92

reese92

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 246 posts

Posted 17 September 2001 - 08:08 PM

I don't really see what was so funny or silly about what I have said.  Sorry that you are so threatened by me..

Like I really want to attach myself to you  

Whatever Teresa

Now, that was pretty silly.

Reese  :-*

#21    Homer

Homer

Government Agent

• 3,814 posts

Posted 17 September 2001 - 08:13 PM

Teresa,

If you have a disagreement about something on my original post, you have yet to say what it is. Instead, you have mentioned a false statement you claim I made then repeated it by stating where I mentioned that "statement". You are wrong on both parts. I have never mentioned the statements you claim I have, and if you've read what I wrote, then you would know that.

If you have a disagreement on a statement(on my original thread) that I ACTUALLY stated, then perhaps we can discuss it. If not, why are you grasping at straws, trying to hang on to something that isn't there?

#22    reese92

reese92

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 246 posts

Posted 17 September 2001 - 08:21 PM

I asked you to explain with further detail what you meant in paragragh four.  Instead of doing that, you got insulted that I did not agree. If you want to cut the crap, then just re- word it, or just try to explain it alittle better.  That is all.  In paragragh four, you say that everyone knows this is the greatest, richest nation.  By what views do you base this opinion?  I view greatness on a different level than you, so how can you say that this is the greatest nation, and everyone in the world knows it, if everyone else has their own opinion of what makes something 'great'?  

#23    Homer

Homer

Government Agent

• 3,814 posts

Posted 17 September 2001 - 08:25 PM

Teresa,

That's three times you put words in my mouth, and three times you have gotten it wrong. Perhaps it's because it's the SAME word. I never mentioned greatest, those are your words, not mine. How can I explain something to you in greater detail when you have exteme difficulty figuring out the words that I wrote?

#24    reese92

reese92

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 246 posts

Posted 17 September 2001 - 08:32 PM

Terrorists do not understand America. The world knows that America is the strongest, richest and most envious nation in the world. Now terrorists know, along with the rest of the world, that the Americans are the proudest in the world, too.  That knowledge has come too late for terrorism, for the United States, with the full support of our almost 300 million citizens, will take this war to them.

The above is your fourth paragragh, since you have been hesitant to copy and paste it.  Now, the second sentence, that is what I have a problem with.  You say you didn't say that, so how did it end up in your post?  And, what are we envious of?

I think you are trying too hard to make me look bad, and it only further discredits all the very valid points you may have.  

#25    Homer

Homer

Government Agent

• 3,814 posts

Posted 17 September 2001 - 09:03 PM

Teresa,

I don't have to do anything to make you look bad, you do a hell of a job on your own ;D

The fourth paragraph doesn't have the word greatest in it, furthermore it never ended up in my post. You never mentioned envious before, but since we are finally on the subject now. First of all the U.S. is unquestionably the strongest militarily(which is my meaning of "strongest"); second, the U.S. is unquestionably the richest, not per capita, but the richest none the less; third, the U.S. is arguably the most envious. I say arguably due to the fact that there are plenty of people world wide that dont feel this way. When I stated "The world knows", it wasn't meant to imply that everyone in the world agrees with this. However, America is the envy of the world due to our strength, wealth, opportunity and space. No other country in the whole world can offer all of these things, and everyone in the world knows this. I hope I cleared this up for you.

#26    reese92

reese92

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 246 posts

Posted 17 September 2001 - 09:11 PM

Let's just say, YES!!  You have cleared it up for me, thank you.

#27    Homer

Homer

Government Agent

• 3,814 posts

Posted 17 September 2001 - 09:35 PM

No offense meant to anybody or any nation. That is all I meant. If I came across the wrong way, then please accept my deepest apologies.

#28    odinsupreme

odinsupreme

Odin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

• Yes.

Posted 17 September 2001 - 10:12 PM

Homer,  ???, you are syaing that you never saud that America is better than all the other countreis, but read your posts, and then re-read them, you will see that Reese is right. And I agree with Reese (and myself). Somewere you said that the USA can offer the people the freedom they want (thes were not your words but this was what you meant). Well you are right. I your country people are free to rape people, to shoot at each other to form gangs and kill innocent people. People can die on the street, that is freedom in your country! And Those things are not in lots of other countries. But when someone uses drugs he goe to jail! Killing is ok, but using drugs, wow, watch out!

Don't get me wrong, the USA makes also wonderful things, but that they are not the "strongest, richest and most envious nation" (=> your words!)

Odin Supreme 8)

P.S.

Homer, ever thought of Germany? France? United Kingdom? Japan?

#29    odinsupreme

odinsupreme

Odin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

• Yes.

Posted 17 September 2001 - 10:17 PM

Homer,

NO COUNTRY IS THE BEST, WE ARE ONE RACE, AND THAT IS OUR STRENGHT, IT IS ONLY THE PROBLEM THAT THERE ARE SOME ROTTEN APPLES! WE MUST UNDERSTAND THAT WE ALL ARE THE SAME, WE HAVE THE SAME GENES, UNTIL WE DO, THERE WILL ALWAYS BE VIOLENCE!:-/

Odin Supreme  8)

#30    Homer

Homer

Government Agent

• 3,814 posts

Posted 18 September 2001 - 07:47 AM

Odin,

You are lacking the understanding. This is the second time you said that I stated America is the best. I have never said that. This will be the last time I say it again, for my patience with stupidity is wearing thin. If you say I have said that, then copy and paste the quote so we can go over it, but since Teresa couldn't do it, I know you can't either, because there is no such quote. You are wasting my time.

When speaking of rape, murder, gangs etc. you are correct. The U.S. has the highest crime rate in the world. Whenever you combine a society with enormous relative wealth and enormous relative freedom, you're going to have that kind of problems. There is no escaping it. That is one of several reasons WHY I never stated America is the best.

But Odin, you are missing the entire point of the thread. This terrorist attack, and the aftermath, has nothing to do with "America being the best" as you like to say. It's about America's strength, resolve, determination, patriotism etc. It's not hard to figure out the meaning of the thread. You also fail to mention that I stated more than once how the U.S. works with our ALLIES when dealing with global crisis.

Make no mistake, Odin, I don't apologize for what I stated, for everything I stated is the truth. I only apologized if the way it came across was offensive to anyone. Here is one last fact for you, Odin. The only language you would be speaking, and the only laws you would be obeying, would be German had it not been for American strength, wealth, tenacity and perseverance.

Odin, I stated that America is the strongest, richest and most envious nation in the world because it is a fact. The other countries you mentioned have some of the same qualities the U.S. has, but doesn't come close to the U.S. Since you are so young, perhaps you should have your mommy and daddy explain it to you so you could understand it a little bit better.

Take care, Odin. This is my last defense of this thread, if you are still unhappy with it, that is your problem ::)

Homer[glow=color,strength,width] :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users