Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

we will overcome, yet never forget

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#31    Dowdy

Dowdy

Poltergeist

• 2,186 posts

• "The one thing we have learnt from history is that we learn nothing from history." Albert Einstein

Posted 18 September 2001 - 09:11 AM

people say Australia is the best country in the world (i've never said that) but the people who usually say that, my dad is one of them, have never lived in other countries before. But just about everyone in this country says that this is the lucky country. I guess i have to live in other countries before i make that decision.

Talking about countries, I think my uncle is wanted in America. He lived there for 20 years and didn't pay taxes and then he pissed off and went back to his home country (indonesia) :)

THE PAOMNNEHAL PWEOR OF THE HMUAN MNID Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdgnieg. Can you? ;)

#32    reese92

reese92

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 246 posts

Posted 18 September 2001 - 03:40 PM

Homer, (Chill Out)

Why don't you stop insulting people?  Does that somehow make you feel as though, you are making more sense?  If anything, you make little sense, and only look ridiculous trying to force what you believe to be fact onto others'. If we are percieving your post wrongly, then just be glad that we are reading it now, when you have a chance to clarify what you have meant.(Doesn't mean you should do it with such anger)
 You apologized for getting anyone from another country upset, if you might have.  Well, I think by what you just said to Odin, takes away from the apology.  If you meant the apology, how could you be so cruel to Odin for expressing how he feels?  All he did, was read the same thing everybody has, and he told you how he felt about it.  If you didn't mean to be insultive in your post, why then, would you go out of your way to continue to do it?
Maybe you should go back to Mommy and Daddy, and learn some manners.  I am sure they will tell you to play nice with others' as well.

My whole point to the argument yesterday was this:

America is NOT the envy of the world. If they are, then I would like to know what countries are envious?  I am sure there may be a couple. I think, they have nothing to be envious about.(crime rate, homeless rate, no healthcare for all citizens, I could go on....)
 There are alot of different qualities in each country that are great.  All of the things you view that makes us (whatever you say), are things that you view as good and great. That is not the view of everyone.  Hence, my views?  Just because someone disagrees, doesn't mean that is time for you to wage war on them.  Is that patriotic? One of the best things about this country, is the fact that EVERYONE has a right to voice their opinion.  Wouldn't you agree?  That is my opinion.  You can try to launch an all out war on what I think, but it doesn't make me wrong. Personally I really don't want you to write back to me. Just as you have had enough with stupidity, I have had more than my share of this.  This is your thread, and I am leaving it to you now.

Reese

#33    Jamie

Jamie

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 131 posts

Posted 18 September 2001 - 07:36 PM

Homer,

I enjoyed reading your post.  I agree with everything you wrote.  I do agree with you that we are the strongest, richest and most envious.
And IMO, America is the very very best!!!!  I love America!!!!!   ;D ;D ;D ;D

Jamie

#34    Homer

Homer

Government Agent

• 3,814 posts

Posted 18 September 2001 - 07:47 PM

Jamie,

Thank you. As you know, I never mentioned America is the best, although it has been said that I have. Twice by one person, four times by another, even though I haven't said it even once.

I like the frame of mind you and Dowdy's dad have. To have pride in one's country, and think it is the best.

I don't believe any country is the best, personally. But thank you for your support, Jamie.

Homer[glow=color,strength,width]

אַ֭תָּה אֱלֹהֵ֣י יִשְׁעִ֑י

#35    odinsupreme

odinsupreme

Odin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

• Yes.

Posted 18 September 2001 - 08:31 PM

There are some really sick persons on this forum..:-/

Odin Supreme 8)

#36    odinsupreme

odinsupreme

Odin

• 1,097 posts

• Yes.

Posted 18 September 2001 - 08:38 PM

I hope you people really understand what you are saying (especially you, Jamie). You are saying that America is the best, well the Osame thinks the same, that he is the best, so you are the same person, and then you are mad at him, very strange..

Don't get me wrong, it is good to believe in your country but not in a way that you do.

Odin Supreme 8)

#37    Homer

Homer

Government Agent

• 3,814 posts

Posted 18 September 2001 - 08:44 PM

Odin,

You have said there are sick people on this forum, and I couldn't agree with you more. You have been insulting since your first reply to this thread. Can't we put this to an end?

Homer[glow=color,strength,width]

#38    odinsupreme

odinsupreme

Odin

• 1,097 posts

• Yes.

Posted 18 September 2001 - 08:52 PM

Hmmm, so I was insulting??? Ever read your own threads:

Since you are so young, perhaps you should have your mommy and daddy explain it to you so you could understand it a little bit better.

This will be the last time I say it again, for my patience with stupidity is wearing thin.

Odin Supreme 8)

#39    Homer

Homer

Government Agent

• 3,814 posts

Posted 18 September 2001 - 09:09 PM

facts are facts, Odin ;D

#40    odinsupreme

odinsupreme

Odin

• 1,097 posts

• Yes.

Posted 18 September 2001 - 09:15 PM

Wich facts, your facts are only opinions, and opinions are only the truth in the eyes of the believer.

Odin Supreme 8)

#41    reese92

reese92

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 246 posts

Posted 18 September 2001 - 09:24 PM

I wish I had the power to lock a thread!  This is a waste of space and time.

#42    Jamie

Jamie

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 131 posts

Posted 18 September 2001 - 10:08 PM

Odin,

This is not an insult, but an observation.  You are obviously not very smart.  I clearly put IMO.  Do you not know what that means???  It means IN MY OPINION.  Are you trying to tell me I am not allowed to have my own opinion???  Because that is exactly what you are implying.  Who died and crowned you king of the world???  I sure as hell didnt.  You are a rude person.  When did I do anything to you???  Just because I pick to agree with someone doesnt make me a bad person does it???  Well???  I have American pride.  Whats the problem???  I love my country.  Whats the problem???  Maybe the reason Homer said to go talk to your mommy and daddy is because you should.  You are obviosly too young to be on a forum like this!!!!!

Love, hugs and big fat slobbery kisses(yeah right),
Jamie

#43    reese92

reese92

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 246 posts

Posted 18 September 2001 - 10:11 PM

Well, IMO, you should too sweety. :-*

#44    Jamie

Jamie

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 131 posts

Posted 18 September 2001 - 10:49 PM

Reese,

First of all, dont call me sweety.  Im not your friend and by your comment I guess you are trying to make me your enemy.  Well thats ok with me.  I dont talk to you anyways on this site.  And oh yeah, my mommy and daddy gave me a passifire to shove in your big mouth!   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Love,
Jamie

#45    reese92

reese92

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 246 posts

Posted 18 September 2001 - 11:01 PM

WOW!!  What a smart girl you are. You know, a person's age is, obviously, no indication of their maturity.. Maybe you should read your post, it is alot like that of Odin..  I am impressed, sweety... :-*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users