Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Popular Singer Gouges Out His Own Eye

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1    Shivel

Shivel

Poltergeist

• 2,287 posts

Posted 05 February 2005 - 01:45 AM

Popular Singer Gouges Out His Own Eye

R&B singer Houston, whose debut album, "It's Already Written," was certified gold a month after its release last August, attempted suicide in a London hotel room on Jan. 27. When he was stopped by a security guard from jumping out a 13-floor hotel window, he gouged his own eye out, reports MTV News based on reports from sources close to the singer.

Born Houston Summers IV, the singer is a native of Los Angeles and was traveling abroad for a series of performances. MTV News notes that he scored a hit last year with "I Like That," which featured Chingy and Nate Dogg and was used in a McDonald's commercial. "Our thoughts and prayers are with Houston during this tragic time," a Capitol Records spokesperson said.

A Los Angeles radio DJ who was close to Houston told MTV News that the singer had been under psychiatric care last year for manic depression. This was corroborated by another source, who indicated that Houston also struggled with PCP. "I was told he wanted to commit suicide and stabbed his eye out," DJ K-Sly said. "He was telling people he was Jesus and wanted to go home to his Father." Houston has returned to Los Angeles.

user posted image

#2    BurnSide

BurnSide

Through the Looking Glass

• 25,390 posts

Posted 05 February 2005 - 01:46 AM

Surely he wasn't THAT bad.

#3    Apocalyptic Cryptid

Apocalyptic Cryptid

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 05 February 2005 - 01:49 AM

ok yah insane... i see why he was in pyciatric care...i mean if your really gonna kill your self dont stap your eye out... you CAN LIVE WITH OUT AN EYE.... idiot

Peace

#4    HolyDevil2053

HolyDevil2053

Psychic Spy

• 1,008 posts

• I deserve a vacation.....

Posted 05 February 2005 - 01:52 AM

OH my!
That is the craziest thing I have heard all day...or week for that matter...
Who knew?

I have his cd too...strange to know that I was listening to a singer that was so...disturbed?

Wow.

I hope he gets the help he needs, but what would posesss someone to gouge their own eye out? EEEWWWW>... let alone  OOOOUCH!!!

*Signature removed, exceeds permitted size guidelines - Click Here for details.
Entrance to my world  
avatar animation by Triniant- awesome job!
BACK DOOR ENTRANCE

#5    BurnSide

BurnSide

Through the Looking Glass

• 25,390 posts

Posted 05 February 2005 - 01:57 AM

Well considering he has MILLIONS, which i don't think is much to be depressed about, i'm sure he can pay for all the most luxurious help he can get, and hey, maybe a cool glass eye too!

#6    mypaddedroom

mypaddedroom

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,429 posts

Posted 11 February 2005 - 07:43 PM

This is the thread I seen here! I posted one thread....got no replies..... no.gif  but by the way Houston is fine. He's getting a glass eye and says he's fine now! You never know maybe he was posessed!

#7    copenjackenhagen

copenjackenhagen

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 78 posts

• I know the truth is out there, but to tell you the truth I don't know where out there is.

Posted 12 February 2005 - 10:55 AM

Ok will someone please give me 5000 milligram's of riddlen,  wacko.gif  almost another loss of another rapper's life has worked me up.  It is odd to see a rapper try to commit suicide usually another disgruntled rapper does it for them.  

What is this really teaching our children to do anyway's?  Go out and shoot gunsmilie.gif someone, or smoke weed 24/7 because it is cool, or to go out and rape a girl  sad.gif because that's what they do in the hood.  I'm confused thou I listen to rap and yes they are good song's but isn't there a line where they should put in to consideration what they do influences others?

I guess that is why my main music genre is Country which teach's me to go out and drink my life away because I'm a redneck and to shoot at poor defenseless wilderness animals?  rolleyes.gif

#8    Sunofone

Sunofone

Libertus Invictus

• 2,039 posts

• "If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy." - U.S. President James Madison

Posted 25 February 2005 - 05:33 AM

he must have witnessed something disturbing-i included the pics because i find it interesting he gouged his "left" eye
Houston, We Have a Problem
- by Hazel W.M. McKinlay -
(Posted here by Wes Penre, Feb 24, 2005)

user posted image
user posted image

When Jesus said, “And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire.” (Matthew 18:9) - He was speaking metaphorically, in parables, it really means resist evil. But R & B singer Houston took it literally.

The Los Angeles born Houston Summers said; “Music is what I thirst for you know as well as God.” and had a hit last year with, “I Like That” featuring Chingy and Nate Dogg. But Houston found the music business to be seeped in wickedness and sought to remove the devil’s presence, by gouging out his eye.

His security guard claims Houston is “happy” now and feels closer to God. I think if you still have your sanity in the New World Order, you must be mad, but this case is a sad indictment of what society is doing to a generation. The Love of God does not involve self-mutilation or loathing, but people are in confusion.                                              

Houston Summers Houston Summers

That the record industry is corrupt is not in question. You must sell your soul to Satan for recognition and many are willing. For a chosen few, this is too high a price for fame and fortune, but if thine eye offend thee, do not pluck it out, close it… and turn your thoughts to God.

Peace Out,

Hazel
http://www.illuminati-news.com/houston-we-have-a-problem.htm

War is just a racket. I wouldnt go to war again as I have done to protect some lousy investment of the bankers. There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket
Maj Gen S Butler
"the man that votes controls nothing-the man that counts the votes controls everything"
J Stalin
“The great strength of the totalitarian state is that it forces those who fear it to imitate it."
A Hitler

#9    Talon

Talon

UM Chess Tournament Champion 2005

• 15,003 posts

• Life, Death, Anime inbetween

Posted 25 February 2005 - 11:02 AM

Surely he wasn't THAT bad.

LOL!

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." -Plato

#10    Talon

Talon

UM Chess Tournament Champion 2005

• 15,003 posts

• Life, Death, Anime inbetween

Posted 25 February 2005 - 11:20 AM

I'm sorry if my response sounded really insensitive, I just burst out laughing when I read that

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." -Plato

#11    Lottie

Lottie

The Nappy Ninja !!

• 7,516 posts

• "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me." - Noel Coward

Posted 25 February 2005 - 11:21 AM

Popular singer gouges out his own eye...and now becomes even more famous for his actions. Film and documentary scripts and contracts already coming through the post... rolleyes.gif Cynical me thiniks yeah right people will do anything to get more exposure. What a bloudy idiot. Really great image to be giving to your fans! Well done.

#12    Loaded_Revolver

Loaded_Revolver

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 25 February 2005 - 01:59 PM

QUOTE(Sunofone @ Feb 25 2005, 12:33 AM)
he must have witnessed something disturbing-i included the pics because i find it interesting he gouged his "left" eye
Houston, We Have a Problem
- by Hazel W.M. McKinlay -
(Posted here by Wes Penre, Feb 24, 2005)

user posted image
user posted image

When Jesus said, “And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire.” (Matthew 18:9) - He was speaking metaphorically, in parables, it really means resist evil. But R & B singer Houston took it literally.

The Los Angeles born Houston Summers said; “Music is what I thirst for you know as well as God.” and had a hit last year with, “I Like That” featuring Chingy and Nate Dogg. But Houston found the music business to be seeped in wickedness and sought to remove the devil’s presence, by gouging out his eye.

His security guard claims Houston is “happy” now and feels closer to God. I think if you still have your sanity in the New World Order, you must be mad, but this case is a sad indictment of what society is doing to a generation. The Love of God does not involve self-mutilation or loathing, but people are in confusion.                                               

Houston Summers Houston Summers

That the record industry is corrupt is not in question. You must sell your soul to Satan for recognition and many are willing. For a chosen few, this is too high a price for fame and fortune, but if thine eye offend thee, do not pluck it out, close it… and turn your thoughts to God.

Peace Out,

Hazel
http://www.illuminati-news.com/houston-we-have-a-problem.htm

View Post

Or maybe it was the PCP he was smoking. wink2.gif

#13    wunarmdscissor

wunarmdscissor

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,761 posts

• come on the hoops

Posted 25 February 2005 - 02:44 PM

the word twat springs to mind.

Stand up for the Champions
'MON the tic an tiocfaidh ar-la

saorsa na h-alba

#14    bloo

bloo

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 25 February 2005 - 02:44 PM

Right,,, Eye still don't get it.  

*sorry, couldn't resist the bad joke*

#15    Barnacle Battlefront

Barnacle Battlefront

Death Before Decaf

• 5,468 posts

• There's no place like 127.0.0.1

A symptom of the universe

Posted 26 February 2005 - 02:25 AM

rolleyes.gif what a nutjob rolleyes.gif

And you run and you run to catch up with the sun, but it's sinking. Racing around to come up behind you again. The sun is the same in a relative way, but you're older. Shorter of breath and one day closer to death.

Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy as hell.- Maca02

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users