Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

Who's scared?

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

Poll: What do you think about ghosts? (53 member(s) have cast votes)

What do you think about ghosts?

1. Just plain creepy. (12 votes [23.53%])

Percentage of vote: 23.53%

2. COOL! (27 votes [52.94%])

Percentage of vote: 52.94%

3. Nothing interesting. (2 votes [3.92%])

Percentage of vote: 3.92%

4. Wet my pants if I see one. (8 votes [15.69%])

Percentage of vote: 15.69%

5. Nothing new. (2 votes [3.92%])

Percentage of vote: 3.92%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1    Ghostboo

Ghostboo

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 25 April 2003 - 01:43 AM

If you submit to the poll, tell me what you put and why you think that way please.                                                  

I'm bored all the time and that is why I'm....bored.

-Ghostboo

#2    loganXman

loganXman

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 314 posts

• I go or i wanna go..

Posted 25 April 2003 - 01:56 AM

i put they are cool.  
i dont think i have ever seen one but if i did, i would be like "no way, cool" i dont think i would be scared. y should i. if anything they are lost spirits.  maybe i will be one, who knows. they were once alive u know. so i dont think i would freak out.                                                  

"And shepherds we shall be, for thee my Lord, for thee.
Power hath descended forth from Thy hand.
That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.
We shall flow a river forth to Thee,
and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In Nomie Partris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti."
-Boondock Saints

#3    CASTOR

CASTOR

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 302 posts

• "If you can't get rid of the skeleton in your closet, you'd best teach it to dance." -George Bernard Shaw

Posted 25 April 2003 - 02:03 AM

i voted cool as well. i think ghosts have been built up over the years to be evil and harmfull. i dont really think so. think of all the ghost stories you have heard and read about. how many of those people got physically harmed? not many if any. so if most cant harm you, what is the big deal. people pay to go to parks and movies to get scared. why not have a ghost do it for your for free and you never have to leave the house.  laugh.gif  tongue.gif  biggrin.gif , anyways, thats just my thoughts.

CASTOR                                                  

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."
- Galileo Galilei

#4    Sidhe

Sidhe

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 188 posts

Posted 25 April 2003 - 02:13 AM

I voted for "just plain creepy" because no matter how cool your ghost is, they still make your skin crawl.  It's an irrational reaction, but a real one.                                                  

#5    neen

neen

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 785 posts

Posted 25 April 2003 - 03:56 AM

I voted cool, but i would still be pretty freaked out.(you can't tell me you guys wouldn't be at least a bit scared, come-on) scared.gif                                                  

Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens...-Jimi Hendrix

Posted Image

#6    Bloated Corpse

Bloated Corpse

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 25 April 2003 - 04:11 AM

After the vibes I was feeling from my experience in the oak grove, I find that they don't bother me. Unless of course I feel like I am in some kind of danger.                                                  

Wabi Sabi

Wabi-sabi is the quintessential Japanese aesthetic.

It is a beauty of things imperfect, impermanent and incomplete.
It is a beauty of things modest and humble.
It is a beauty of things unconventional.

#7    Bizarro

Bizarro

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 25 April 2003 - 04:19 AM

i voted 'just plain creepy' because i did not wet my pants but i also did not think it was cool to see a ghost.  i was too busy freaking out.                                                  

if there was a meteor,
adrift amongst space,
set about on a collision course
not with Earth, but my face...
i wonder if id even know,
at what time i might,
be passed off like an old style
and by the meteor be smite?

- me, 1997

#8    TheOracle

TheOracle

Psychic Spy

• 1,031 posts

• Artistic, quiet, musician Member of the
    Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps.

Ad mortem fidelis.

Posted 25 April 2003 - 04:50 AM

I voted Cool. I have seen a couple of ghosts now and have not felt threatened by either of them. I would like to learn a lot more about them biggrin.gif                                                  

Never play Leap Frog with a Unicorn.

#9    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 20,840 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 25 April 2003 - 05:53 PM

I voted 'Plain Creepy' - it would be interesting to see or experience ghostly activities firsthand, but at the same time, rather unsettling as well.                                                  

#10    Sageghost

Sageghost

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 227 posts

Posted 25 April 2003 - 09:56 PM

I voted cool because for me it confirms that there is definitely something beyond human death. Maybe we'll get some answers one day to some BIG questions?                                                  

I was just thinking that of all the trails in this life, there is one that matters more than all the others. It is the trail of a true human being.

#11    Kira

Kira

Government Agent

• 4,183 posts

• Sexiest,
    Prettiest,
    Bloodthirstiest,
    Elf Member of the
    Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps.

Thanks TO xx

Posted 25 April 2003 - 10:01 PM

Hmmm I voted nothing new...... They don't freak me out and you wouldn't get me running the other way from one.....
<lol> The fact is that I seem to move in to places that have Ghosts, the one exception is my flat that I'm in now.....                                                  

We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.

#12    schadeaux

schadeaux

Ambiguitous

• 1,993 posts

Posted 25 April 2003 - 10:28 PM

I voted cool, just because I would be more interested in examining the thing, following it around, trying to figure it out.

However...

If the thing took umberage at this and slapped me upside the head I would most likely wet (or otherwise soil) my britches and run for the zip code screaming like a girly-man.

One extreme or the other, no middle of the road.
Guess I'm just wishy-washy.

Still would be cool, though.                                                  

"To study and not think is a waste.
To think and not study is dangerous."
Confucius

#13    Althalus

Althalus

Alien Abducter

• 4,909 posts

Posted 26 April 2003 - 08:35 AM

I voted cool, but I would have also liked to have voted creepy, if you saw one for the first time, you most likely would be at the very least,  nervous. but then afterwards you would think 'cool' I just saw a real ghost.                                                    

"We make choices everyday, some of them good, some of them bad. And - if we are strong enough - we live with the consequences."
David Gemmell

#14    Halo_Jones

Halo_Jones

Psychic Spy

• 2,067 posts

• Thanks to Universal Absurdity and The Barman for my new Groovy Dynamite Diva.....See UA & thebarman's Animated Avatar Workshop

Posted 26 April 2003 - 10:54 AM

I voted "Wet my pants if I see one" and I'm probly the only one who's being honest tongue.gif   biggrin.gif  rolleyes.gif                                                  

#15    wolfsinger

wolfsinger

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 85 posts

Posted 28 April 2003 - 08:57 PM

I voted Cool because I have always had an intrest in unexplained things such as Cryptids, ghosts, and aliens...  And I have ALWAYS liked learning about ghosts...                                                  

I've been everywhere and still Im standing tall, I've seen a million faces and I've ROCKED 'EM ALL!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users