Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

First Crop Circle of 2003 Revealed

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1    Magikman

Magikman

Most Exalted member of the first 15

• 6,280 posts

• "Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur"

Posted 25 April 2003 - 05:35 PM

This was discovered on April 23 in Hampshire. First link is a photo of the crop circle, second link is to the discussion regarding the discovery;

PHOTO

COMMENTS

Magikman  cool.gif                                                  

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. ~ Carl Sagan

"...man has an irrepressible tendency to read meaning into the buzzing confusion of sights and sounds impinging on his senses; and where no agreed meaning can be found, he will provide it out of his own imagination." ~ Arthur Koestler

#2    Isanguard

Isanguard

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 137 posts

• Yesterday is history,Tommorow is mystery,Today is gift

Posted 25 April 2003 - 06:03 PM

It's a very cool link magikman...Thank you.. smile.gif
I think the crop cirlcle indicate more to number three than eight.....(200(3)...? smile.gif  smile.gif  smile.gif                                                  

"Life is infinitely strange than anything which the mind of man could ivent."          

~ Sherlock Holmes ~

#3    bigsteff

bigsteff

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 25 April 2003 - 08:48 PM

c'mon it's so obvious......bottom right of the photo....name is David Russell

it must be his 33rd birthday look at his first name,remove all except the d's

Dd same as the 3's laugh.gif  laugh.gif                                                  

#4    Sageghost

Sageghost

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 227 posts

Posted 25 April 2003 - 10:15 PM

I think they're trying to challenge us to a game of Pool!                                                  

I was just thinking that of all the trails in this life, there is one that matters more than all the others. It is the trail of a true human being.

#5    schadeaux

schadeaux

Ambiguitous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,887 posts

Posted 25 April 2003 - 10:51 PM

I agree with Sage.  I worry, though...

Is it an invitation to play?  Or is Earth the eight ball? blink.gif                                                  

"To study and not think is a waste.
To think and not study is dangerous."
Confucius

#6    Bestevaer

Bestevaer

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 April 2003 - 11:34 PM

Reading the comments more carefully it states :

On 24th Apr 2003, Peter Jones wrote; "Formation is approx 160' wide. Discovered on Sunday. .."

So, actually discovered on the 20th. Probably manufactured in the weekend.
Nice work though.

Thanks, Magikman, for your posting.                                                  

#7    neen

neen

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 785 posts

Posted 26 April 2003 - 03:47 AM

lol @ sageghost  Thats exactly what i thought when i first saw the picture  laugh.gif                                                  

Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens...-Jimi Hendrix

Posted Image

#8    TheOracle

TheOracle

Psychic Spy

• 1,031 posts

• Artistic, quiet, musician Member of the
    Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps.

Ad mortem fidelis.

Posted 26 April 2003 - 05:32 AM

Sorry guy's but I think someone has way to much time on their hands  smile.gif                                                  

Never play Leap Frog with a Unicorn.

#9    Tommy

Tommy

Psychic Spy

• 1,846 posts

Posted 26 April 2003 - 11:14 AM

*lol* a magic 8 ball was the first thing I thought of too, tongue.gif which makes me think that perhaps it was designed to be viewed from 90 degrees from how the photo is taken.                                                  

"Superstition created all the gods and angels, all the devils and ghosts, all the witches, demons and goblins, gave us all the augurs, soothsayers and prophets, filled the heavens with signs and wonders, broke the chain of cause and effect, and wrote the history of man in miracles and lies" ~ Robert Green Ingersoll

#10    Halo_Jones

Halo_Jones

Psychic Spy

• 2,067 posts

• Thanks to Universal Absurdity and The Barman for my new Groovy Dynamite Diva.....See UA & thebarman's Animated Avatar Workshop

Posted 26 April 2003 - 03:02 PM

Not very impressive compared to some of the one's last year! wink.gif  biggrin.gif                                                  

#11    CASTOR

CASTOR

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 302 posts

• "If you can't get rid of the skeleton in your closet, you'd best teach it to dance." -George Bernard Shaw

Posted 03 May 2003 - 05:22 PM

i can just see the guy's face when he realized the 8 was not going to line up the way he thought. hahahahahahahahaha tongue.gif  biggrin.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif i would have loved to have been there. i bet he cursed for an hour. oh man, im in stiches. hahaha. anyways, thats a cool picture.

CASTOR                                                  

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."
- Galileo Galilei

#12    Sidhe

Sidhe

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 188 posts

Posted 03 May 2003 - 06:24 PM

Any time they line up with the tram lines like that, I don't believe in them.  So for the first two of the year, I call "Hoax!"                                                  

#13    Sidhe

Sidhe

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 188 posts

Posted 04 May 2003 - 02:09 PM

But about the "8" failing to line up.. they did that deliberately because it is far more complex than making an 8.  You would have to shorten your guideline methodically as you trod out the form.  But it's still a fake.

I've now seen a picture of last year's first circle, and that's a fake too.

I'm wondering to myself why people go to the trouble to create them?  What is the payoff?  It's something like trolling a message board, isn't it?                                                  

#14    CASTOR

CASTOR

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 302 posts

• "If you can't get rid of the skeleton in your closet, you'd best teach it to dance." -George Bernard Shaw

Posted 04 May 2003 - 10:32 PM

how do you know they didnt mean to make an 8. i was just saying that it would be funny if they were trying to and got to the point of intersection and were like, "crap" we messed it all up. anyways, thats all i was saying

CASTOR                                                  

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."
- Galileo Galilei

#15    Bloated Corpse

Bloated Corpse

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 06 May 2003 - 07:12 AM

At first the symbol for eternity popped into my head for some reason.                                                  

Wabi Sabi

Wabi-sabi is the quintessential Japanese aesthetic.

It is a beauty of things imperfect, impermanent and incomplete.
It is a beauty of things modest and humble.
It is a beauty of things unconventional.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users