Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

US scientists designing new generation of nukes

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#16    forgotfel

forgotfel

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 210 posts

Posted 08 February 2005 - 08:50 PM

We're just keeping up with the rest of the world, that's all.

"After there is great trouble among mankind, a greater one is prepared. The great mover of the universe will renew time, rain, blood, thirst, famine, steel weapons and disease. In the heavens, a fire seen." - Nostradamus

Terminus En

#17    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,812 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 08 February 2005 - 10:23 PM

If there is a nuclear war, i will dont matter if 10 from 1000 ICBM hit of fail. We are gonna be dead or diying in the next days.Cheer up Joc, go and hug you nuclear weapons.

and later i sak myself why the world is in this condition...

What does matter, though, is if another country launches 1000 ICBMs, and you can only launch 10. With that ratio, some countries might be tempted to do it and might think the casualties would be acceptable.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#18    joc

joc

Adminstrator of Cosmic Blues

• 12,685 posts

• They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through
    They choose the path where no-one goes

Posted 08 February 2005 - 11:46 PM

What does matter, though, is if another country launches 1000 ICBMs, and you can only launch 10. With that ratio, some countries might be tempted to do it and might think the casualties would be acceptable.

I think more to the point is what is the end result if say N. Korea launched 10 warheads at the USA and we launched 1000 at them and all 10 of theirs worked and none of ours did.
At any rate, yes I shall hug my Nuclear Stockpile.  It is the deterent to Nuclear Destruction so we must hug and embrace it. wub.gif

Edited by joc, 08 February 2005 - 11:47 PM.

Posted Image
once i believed that starlight could guide me home
now i know that light is old and stars are cold

ReverbNation

#19    Mekorig

Mekorig

Government Agent

• 3,577 posts

• A Lithium flower about to bloom

Posted 09 February 2005 - 01:43 AM

During the cold war both the USA has large nuclear stockpiles has  Nuclear Destruction deterent, but during that era both were in the brink of the same nuclear destruccion some times.

If we go to the facts, i trust more in a democratic goverment to have WMDs that in a theocracy, but i dont trust Bush or his gabinet to manage one of the largest nuclear stockpiles of the world. Its like a monkey whit a knife, its some crazy Damocles sword pending about our global heads.

Im an evil pinko UN slave liberal commie

I don't think any of these "The Vague Society of Nebulous Meanies are going to take over the world and light up a planet" theories worry too much about practical considerations like that. It's all about rousing ill-informed, paranoiac fear, not making sense.

--Jaylemurph

Posted Image

#20    bathory

bathory

Alien Abducter

• 5,302 posts

Posted 09 February 2005 - 03:38 AM

Russia has also been developing new ICBMs that can avoid the proposed missile shield...

#21    joc

joc

Adminstrator of Cosmic Blues

• 12,685 posts

• They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through
    They choose the path where no-one goes

Posted 09 February 2005 - 04:27 AM

Really?  Can you provide a link?  Interesting. unsure.gif

Posted Image
once i believed that starlight could guide me home
now i know that light is old and stars are cold

ReverbNation

#22    bathory

bathory

Alien Abducter

• 5,302 posts

Posted 09 February 2005 - 05:35 AM

Nov 17, 9:19 AM EST

Russia Developing New Nuclear Missile

MOSCOW (AP) -- President Vladimir Putin said Wednesday that Russia is developing a new form of nuclear missile unlike those held by other countries, news agencies reported.

Speaking at a meeting of the Armed Forces' leadership, Putin reportedly said that Russia is researching and successfully testing new nuclear missile systems.

"I am sure that ... they will be put in service within the next few years and, what is more, they will be developments of the kind that other nuclear powers do not and will not have," Putin was quoted as saying by the ITAR-Tass news agency.

Putin reportedly said: "International terrorism is one of the major threats for Russia. We understand as soon as we ignore such components of our defense as a nuclear and missile shield, other threats may occur."

No details were immediately available, but Defense Minister Sergei Ivanov said earlier this month that Russia expected to test-fire a mobile version of its Topol-M ballistic missile this year and that production of the new weapon could be commissioned in 2005.

News reports have also said Russia is believed to be developing a next-generation heavy nuclear missile that could carry up to 10 nuclear warheads weighing a total of 4.4 tons, compared with the Topol-M's 1.32-ton combat payload.

Topol-Ms have been deployed in silos since 1998. The missiles have a range of about 6,000 miles and reportedly can maneuver in ways that are difficult to detect.

Earlier this year, a senior Defense Ministry official was quoted as telling news agencies that Russia had developed a weapon that could make the United States' proposed missile-defense system useless. Details were not given, but military analysts said the claimed new weapon could be a hypersonic cruise missile or maneuverable ballistic missile warheads.

2004 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Learn more about our Privacy Policy.

i couldn't find the link to the actual AP article, but i found a reporduction of it on another forum, i'm pretty sure it was also discussed on these forums too

#23    Xenojjin

Xenojjin

Midnight Shadow

• 2,745 posts

• Ride the Air

Posted 09 February 2005 - 06:43 AM

New suicide items . Nice . Way to go human race .

I think we should go back to swords . At least back then there was some honor and skill involved rather then this "Biggest gun wins" bullsh*t .

Posted Image

#24    Mekorig

Mekorig

Government Agent

• 3,577 posts

• A Lithium flower about to bloom

Posted 09 February 2005 - 01:15 PM

Has i said in another post, i can only hopa that someone create a FTL engine so i can leave this global sanitarium....

Im an evil pinko UN slave liberal commie

I don't think any of these "The Vague Society of Nebulous Meanies are going to take over the world and light up a planet" theories worry too much about practical considerations like that. It's all about rousing ill-informed, paranoiac fear, not making sense.

--Jaylemurph

Posted Image

#25    Athenian

Athenian

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts

• Those who fear the coming Apocalypse, Thou are my enemy.

Posted 09 February 2005 - 03:18 PM

QUOTE(Xenojjin @ Feb 9 2005, 06:43 AM)

I think we should go back to swords . At least back then there was some honor and skill involved rather then this "Biggest gun wins" bullsh*t .

View Post

Then we shall charge the missile silos brandishing swords!

An example must be set...

#26    copenjackenhagen

copenjackenhagen

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 78 posts

• I know the truth is out there, but to tell you the truth I don't know where out there is.

Posted 10 February 2005 - 10:37 AM

QUOTE(Xenojjin @ Feb 8 2005, 11:43 PM)

Well if your looking to go back to swords, here is my new design proposal, thumbup.gif I call it the Inter Continent Ballistic Missile Sword (ICBMS) it is a long range Missile that land's with a big thud, and very little civilian casualties will be contributed to this big iron of the sky. gunsmilie.gif

[attachmentid=11563]

Attached Files

#27    warden

warden

Poltergeist

• 2,751 posts

Posted 10 February 2005 - 11:34 AM

What if it lands on a school or hospital,imagin the devastation tongue.gif

#28    Talon

Talon

UM Chess Tournament Champion 2005

• 15,003 posts

• Life, Death, Anime inbetween

Posted 10 February 2005 - 10:29 PM

Yes, but the nuclear strength might stay constant or even diminish... they may just be replacing the old ones. You dont want to be caught in a nuclear war with faulty equipment.

And who exactly is the US looking to make a nuclear war on?

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." -Plato

#29    Homer

Homer

Government Agent

• 3,814 posts

Posted 10 February 2005 - 10:46 PM

I think we should build more nukes, and not just to replace the old. I mean why just destroy the surface of the planet, when we could destroy the entire planet thumbsup.gif

אַ֭תָּה אֱלֹהֵ֣י יִשְׁעִ֑י

#30    rachelkleypassparrow

rachelkleypassparrow

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts

• 'Be yourself; because nobody else can be you and love yourself and others in the process.'

Posted 10 February 2005 - 11:15 PM

Not a Good Idea!  You now have your answer to the reason that the waves of ufo's are increasing globally.

Edited by rachelkleypassparrow, 10 February 2005 - 11:17 PM.

'WE HAVE JUST ENOUGH RELIGION TO MAKE US HATE BUT NOT ENOUGH TO LOVE ONE ANOTHER' Siddur Lev Chadash prayerbook
OUR PARANORMAL WORLD
website email
email if you have anything you would like to submit to the website
upon approval from admin
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users