Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The U.S. Master Atrocity List

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16    bathory

bathory

Alien Abducter

• 5,302 posts

Posted 09 February 2005 - 03:59 AM

If ya wanna see a prison atrocity go check out what happen to POWs in WW2 that were in German and Japanese prison camps.

the japanese used PoWs for bayonet practice, tie em to a tree and get the recruits to charge them.

#17    Homer

Homer

Government Agent

• 3,814 posts

Posted 09 February 2005 - 02:15 PM

QUOTE(fearfulone @ Feb 8 2005, 12:01 PM)
The Native American Conflict, as it can be called, can hardly be used as an example.  When the English came over, they settled the land and defended it whenever attacked by the Native Americans.  When the French came over, they helped the indians attack the English for their own prosperity.  By the time it was the United States of America, more than 60% of the original Native American population had been killed off or died from disease.  Also, if you're going to call that an atrocity, you might as well call any colonization effort an atrocity, because i'm sure the english, the spanish (in mexico as a matter of fact), and the french killed their fair share of natives in the lands they colonized.

View Post

the U.S. aren't the only ones who massacred Native Indians, but we did a lot of it. For example, the Sand Creek Massacre was citizens of the United States killing innocent(mostly women and children) Native Americans. When we settle land, we force others off. We slaughtered the Native Americans as they defended their way of life. I know it's not just the U.S., and I know disease also killed a lot of them, but I find it difficult to understand how this doesn't constitute an atrocity, even though it's very small compared to many other world atrocities in history

אַ֭תָּה אֱלֹהֵ֣י יִשְׁעִ֑י

#18    Lottie

Lottie

The Nappy Ninja !!

• 7,516 posts

• "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me." - Noel Coward

Posted 09 February 2005 - 03:26 PM

In fairness 250 year old America has done relatively little and is an angel when it comes to atrocities compared to other countries around the globe that have been around for century upon centuries and the terrible conflicts and blood shed that has gone on during that time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users