Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Running Dreams

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#16    Bizarro

Bizarro

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 29 April 2003 - 02:28 PM

the running on all fours thing is fascinating, Schadeaux.  i think the others are right about it having something to do with being like an animal.  i think it might be different from what Althalus posted, for you at least.  the other's running dreams seem to be that type.  

BC, your dreams always freak me out.  ive noticed in the past that youve posted about them and thought you have some very bizarre stuff going on.  that dreams scares me because its just so unusual.  the main thing i notice is that you dream without color.  all my dreams are in color.  the green of his eyes may represent money.  are you in financial difficulties?  the fact that you see only one color must represent something, although i am really clueless as to what.

here is a link to an online version of a book i have called 10, 000 dreams interpreted.  if you scroll down you will eventually find an alphabetical listing of dreams:

1st half of book:
http://encyclopediaindex.com/b/drmnt10.htm

2nd half of book:
http://www.selfknowledge.com/drmnt1b.htm                                                  

if there was a meteor,
adrift amongst space,
set about on a collision course
not with Earth, but my face...
i wonder if id even know,
at what time i might,
be passed off like an old style
and by the meteor be smite?

- me, 1997

#17    cerberus

cerberus

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

• Hello Kitty

Posted 29 April 2003 - 07:42 PM

I have re-occuring dreams.

I have 2 dreams i vividly remember. I acn smell, taste, hear etc.

When i have these dreams, i actually know i'm having them as i always seem to think before the dream.. 'it's that dream again' and 'i havent had that for ages', but i remember every detail.

One is where i board a Red Dwarf like spacecraft, and land on a forest plant. Everything is cool, until a huge tidal wave wipes us out.

We left earth because of a huge global disaster, that wiped out mankind.

It was like a huge fireball / flood / war / disease. Total anarchy. Hell, if you like.

I am 6 at the time, and not my age. Always 6 yrs old.

The 2nd dream is i'm just nowhere. i cant explain it, but its an abyss.

There is a flimsy looking piece of string above me, which i'm holding in my hand. The string is extremely strong, and floats upright in the air. On top of the string is a huge rock, that weighs possibly 300 tons+.

This image scares the crap out of me, and i wake up and very scared.

It's very disturbing. I fear that the rock will fall on me, but the string cannot possibly hold up 300 tons. That is ultra confusing, and paranoia sets in, in the dream. If i move, i die, if i dont, i could do.

It's not alien related, but very strange.

What do you all make of these?

Is it just a typical warning dream?                                                  

#18    schadeaux

schadeaux

Ambiguitous

• 1,887 posts

Posted 29 April 2003 - 07:49 PM

Thanks for the links, DS.  They do have some interesting descriptions.  However, none of them seem quite right.  

Running alone, indicates that you will outstrip your friends in the race
for wealth, and you will occupy a higher place in social life.

That's cool, but it does not address how I'm running.

If you run from danger, you will be threatened with losses,
and you will despair of adjusting matters agreeably.

As I said before, only occasionally do I feel like I'm running FROM something, though there is no real sense of danger or fear.

To see stock running, warns you to be careful in making new trades
or undertaking new tasks.

What if I AM the stock??? user posted image

I looked at references to specific animals (dogs, cats, etc), no help there.

I am so confused.                                                  

"To study and not think is a waste.
To think and not study is dangerous."
Confucius

#19    SpaceyKC

SpaceyKC

Government Agent

• 3,349 posts

• Thank you TO

Posted 29 April 2003 - 08:26 PM

schadeaux,  I found a website that tells what animals symbolize  
       in dreams.  That might help if you know what kind of animal you
        are in your dreams (maybe a wolf?)

http://www.dreamdoghouse.com/animaltop10.asp

"Science may have found a cure for most evils;  but it has
         found no remedy for the worst of them all --- the apathy of human beings."
                                                     Helen Keller

#20    Bizarro

Bizarro

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 29 April 2003 - 09:23 PM

ya, that book was written ages ago.  the guy who wrote it is long gone, that's why its on the internet.  i sometimes cannot find contemporary items that i dream about in there, but its still very interesting.  

Cerberus, your dream seems like the type of dreams i had when i was around 18 years old.  they may just be a symptom of the intense changes in your life?  do you have intense changes?  that's what my Dad told me when i explained my strange dreams to him at the time,  and it seems possible in your case as well.                                                    

if there was a meteor,
adrift amongst space,
set about on a collision course
not with Earth, but my face...
i wonder if id even know,
at what time i might,
be passed off like an old style
and by the meteor be smite?

- me, 1997

#21    Kismit

Kismit

Telekinetic

• 7,680 posts

Posted 30 April 2003 - 09:11 AM

I do most of my dream interpretation based on the feelings the person feels in a dream . It's not so much the things we dream of but the feelings they conjure up that make a dream important .
   I have a younger brother (I'm goin somewhere with this , trust me) he is 5 years younger than me . When he was about 3 years old I had constant night mares that somebody would take him away . My mother tried to help by telling me to think of nice things like sweets and butterflies .
   Any way that night I dreamt a giant Ice-cream kidnapped him and it frightened the living day lights out of me .
  Shadeaux I don't know you well enough to tell you what it is you are after but I can tell you that there is something you feel you deserve but can't quite get it  . The animalistic part of the dream has probably got more to do with it being something you see as a basic need .
  Take some time out and asses your needs. Perhaps it is that the days  you are doing more for others are the day's that you have this dream .
Cerebrus what on earth happened to you when you where 6 ? Your dreams are trully bizzare .
   Oh and Shadeaux the only other thing I can possibly put your dream down to is that you are a Werewolf , noticed any extra hair on the pillowcase afterwards  huh.gif ?                                                  

#22    schadeaux

schadeaux

Ambiguitous

• 1,887 posts

Posted 01 May 2003 - 01:09 AM

ohmy.gif AAAAA! And I thought I was going bald! ohmy.gif

laugh.gif No, Kismit, no extra hair on the pillow.  Althogh the chicken feathers and sheep blood has me a bit concerned... laugh.gif   And, yes, I do think I deserve a raise at work, but that is a long story.

And thanks for the link, KC.  I weeded out all the ones with no legs (flying fish? huh.gif ) and I think I recognise a little bit of what's left.  If I had to pick just one, I would probably be a mouse.  Mouses are cool.

user posted image                                                  

Confucius

#23    Kismit

Kismit

Telekinetic

• 7,680 posts

Posted 01 May 2003 - 10:24 AM

Lol Shadeaux  silly you , chicken feathers and sheep blood are normal . Happens all the time ...right guy's  rolleyes.gif                                                  

#24    SpaceyKC

SpaceyKC

Government Agent

• 3,349 posts

• Thank you TO

Posted 01 May 2003 - 12:32 PM

QUOTE (schadeaux @ Apr 30 2003, 09:09 PM)

If I had to pick just one, I would probably be a mouse.  Mouses are cool.

So,  would you be MICKEY or MIGHTY?   laugh.gif                                                  

#25    schadeaux

schadeaux

Ambiguitous

• 1,887 posts

Posted 01 May 2003 - 04:32 PM

user posted image Micky, as he was in Fantasia.                                                  

Confucius

#26    Bloated Corpse

Bloated Corpse

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 01 May 2003 - 05:52 PM

I haven't had any financial problems when I've had these dreams. It seems to come of its own volition and trying to control it is impossible since it feels like it is more powerful then it seems to be. I don't know if that can be true or not but it's how it feels.                                                  

Wabi Sabi

Wabi-sabi is the quintessential Japanese aesthetic.

It is a beauty of things imperfect, impermanent and incomplete.
It is a beauty of things modest and humble.
It is a beauty of things unconventional.

#27    Kismit

Kismit

Telekinetic

• 7,680 posts

Posted 02 May 2003 - 10:17 AM

Bloated Corpse , It's not so much a matter of finance as it is the actuall running in the dream . Are you running away or running toward something and how does it make you feel ?                                                  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users