Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

North Korea Now Say's it Has Nukes!

• Please log in to reply
247 replies to this topic

Poll: On a Scale of 1-10 How much is North Korea a Threat? (49 member(s) have cast votes)

On a Scale of 1-10 How much is North Korea a Threat?

1. 1 - Not a Threat (4 votes [8.16%])

Percentage of vote: 8.16%

2. 2 - Somewhat Not (1 votes [2.04%])

Percentage of vote: 2.04%

3. 3 - Is a Little Threat (2 votes [4.08%])

Percentage of vote: 4.08%

4. 4 - Becoming a Threat (3 votes [6.12%])

Percentage of vote: 6.12%

5. 5 - Moderate Threat (8 votes [16.33%])

Percentage of vote: 16.33%

6. 6 - A Growing Concern (12 votes [24.49%])

Percentage of vote: 24.49%

7. 7 - Is a Large Threat (2 votes [4.08%])

8. 8 - Is Really Scary (2 votes [4.08%])

9. 9 - Is a Great issue to watch (6 votes [12.24%])

Percentage of vote: 12.24%

10. 10 - Major Threat (9 votes [18.37%])

Percentage of vote: 18.37%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#16    Babs

Babs

Alien Abducter

• 4,663 posts

• "Truth will first be ridiculed, then violently opposed, and finally accepted as self-evident" A. Schopenhauer 1788-1860

Posted 10 February 2005 - 09:18 PM

QUOTE(copenjackenhagen @ Feb 10 2005, 03:42 AM)
no.gif Oh no North Korea Just announced tonight that it has Nuclear Weapon's amidst what they have said in the past, and is stating that they NOW have no plan's to disemband there program's and enrichment!  They announced that it is the Bush administration is why they will not hault. 

What do you think?

Has there been talk's behind closed door's that we don't know about, although Bush hasn't said anything publicly? 

Could this mean devastation?

Does Iran fall into this too, being as they just announced to tonight that they have no plan's to rid themselves of Nuclear Weapons?
  huh.gif

View Post

North K. or Kim Jong Ill is up to his tricks and it comes on the heels of Iran's tough talk. A connection_I think so. I worry about Kim Jong, he is a sociopath and we all know the danger they pose. ph34r.gif  And a sociopath with WMD is too much to even think about......

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation"

Henry David Thoreau...

#17    Hotoke

Hotoke

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,923 posts

Posted 10 February 2005 - 09:20 PM

i doubt a communist/stalinist would work together with anyone religious

So you have come this far and still you understand nothing. Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness! Behold the endless abyss! Within it lies the heart of all worlds

#18    Adramaleck

Adramaleck

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 343 posts

• I don't mind the sun sometimes, do you?

Posted 10 February 2005 - 09:38 PM

Yeah, N.Korea and Iran have nukes.

So what.

Let me rephrase that...

For every fresh set of eyes that looks at technologies gives a chance for fresh ideas to come about.  Good or bad..

Does it scare me that the gnome with hemmeroids Kim has nukes? Of course.  But I think what the world needs to realize is that everyone is going to get nuclear technology sooner or later - depriving them from research is depriving and endangering oneself.  It will just make them angry and once they do (secretly) develop them, they will want to use them on their imprisoners (if you will).

What scares me more is how much of an enemy Bush is making of the rest of the world.  Yeah, we're america, and Yeah, we're strong, maybe even the strongest nation out there right now... But never underestimate the power of teamwork.  The US is on thin ice with nations because of its unilateral decisions made with disreguard to other's opinions.

"Durp durp since when do we let other countries decide our foreign policy?"

Since the world began relying on international trade. Dumbbush.

#19    Homer

Homer

Government Agent

• 3,814 posts

Posted 10 February 2005 - 09:43 PM

Bush isn't making unilateral decisions regarding N. Korea, even though their leader has continuously insisted on unilateral talks with Bush

אַ֭תָּה אֱלֹהֵ֣י יִשְׁעִ֑י

#20    copenjackenhagen

copenjackenhagen

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 78 posts

• I know the truth is out there, but to tell you the truth I don't know where out there is.

Posted 10 February 2005 - 09:53 PM

The one thing that scares the hell out of me is I have read several articles and seen pictures of this massive tunnel system underground that North Korea has made and still making.  

The tunnel system consist's of street's from one city to another complete with underground restaurant's, command bunkers, and supposedly is capable of supporting life for every citizen and military person underground for a year.  You people are right thou Kim Jong  geek.gif  is one scary short guy.

#21    Hotoke

Hotoke

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,923 posts

Posted 10 February 2005 - 09:59 PM

Gen. Thomas A Schwartz, he has some information on that, he used to serve in south korea but is now officially retired

North korea tactics

So you have come this far and still you understand nothing. Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness! Behold the endless abyss! Within it lies the heart of all worlds

#22    Lottie

Lottie

The Nappy Ninja !!

• 7,516 posts

• "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me." - Noel Coward

Posted 10 February 2005 - 10:06 PM

And a sociopath with WMD is too much to even think about......

Yup and you can understand why people are up in arms against Bush. Any country who owns WMD's has the capability of using them its not just a N.Korea thing.

#23    Homer

Homer

Government Agent

• 3,814 posts

Posted 10 February 2005 - 10:31 PM

QUOTE(Lottie @ Feb 10 2005, 06:06 PM)
Yup and you can understand why people are up in arms against Bush. Any country who owns WMD's has the capability of using them its not just a N.Korea thing.

View Post

I know many dislike Bush and his foreign policy, but I fail to see how Bush has done anything wrong regarding N.Korea. Does anyone really think it's a good thing if N.Korea goes nuclear? I think Bush is doing all he can to work with regional leaders to work something out. Specifically relating to N.Korea, what is Bush doing wrong, and what else can be done?

#24    Lottie

Lottie

The Nappy Ninja !!

• 7,516 posts

• "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me." - Noel Coward

Posted 10 February 2005 - 10:41 PM

QUOTE(Homer @ Feb 10 2005, 10:31 PM)
QUOTE(Lottie @ Feb 10 2005, 06:06 PM)

View Post

I know many dislike Bush and his foreign policy, but I fail to see how Bush has done anything wrong regarding N.Korea. Does anyone really think it's a good thing if N.Korea goes nuclear? I think Bush is doing all he can to work with regional leaders to work something out. Specifically relating to N.Korea, what is Bush doing wrong, and what else can be done?

View Post

What I was putting across was that N.Korea isn't the only country who has an egotistical, power hungry, control freak in control. Bush was an example, a good example,  tis all, although all goverments are the same in many ways.

I don't think its a good thing if anyone goes Nuclear but nearly everyone has and so why not n.Korea also. I feel Bush is doing what he believes is right but getting heavy with a country when one is already at war with Iraq and in the process of wanting to go to war with Iran I feel that too much power has gone to his limited head and he is not doing his duty to his country- protecting America. Instead he is playing a crazy game of control freak and putting not only america but every country in the world in jeopardy.

#25    Homer

Homer

Government Agent

• 3,814 posts

Posted 10 February 2005 - 10:48 PM

QUOTE(Lottie @ Feb 10 2005, 06:41 PM)
What I was putting across was that N.Korea isn't the only country who has an egotistical, power hungry, control freak in control. Bush was an example, a good example,  tis all, although all goverments are the same in many ways.

View Post

I misunderstood you before, but now I get it original.gif

#26    fearfulone

fearfulone

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 713 posts

• Believe no one that believes you...Trust no one that trusts you...and for your own sake...don't listen to a word i say

Posted 10 February 2005 - 10:52 PM

QUOTE(Hotoke @ Feb 10 2005, 01:59 PM)
Gen. Thomas A Schwartz, he has some information on that, he used to serve in south korea but is now officially retired

North korea tactics

View Post

anybody besides me read this entire article....damn good find...i wonder, does anyone know how much of it is true and where some of these source docs are?   thumbsup.gif

Trust no one that trusts you!

"you will need at least two more of the male variety to even pose a threat to us women... remember ... we can think with both the right and left sides of our brain!"
-nxt2hvn

CONSPIRACY I SAY!! CONSPIRACY!

"It's not the bad things that happen to you your upset about, it's the good things that happen to other people that piss you off."
-Robert Udall in 'As Good As It Gets'

#27    copenjackenhagen

copenjackenhagen

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 78 posts

• I know the truth is out there, but to tell you the truth I don't know where out there is.

Posted 10 February 2005 - 10:54 PM

QUOTE(Hotoke @ Feb 10 2005, 02:59 PM)

North korea tactics

View Post

Well I am a Big supporter of President Bush, thank's Hotoke for that link you left there is alot I didn't know that North Korea has, in fact they have alot of stuff!  Reading that article made something come to my mind, North Korea's military is coming off alot like that of the Japanese during World War 2.  The Japanese would stop at nothing to achieve there determination, that is pretty much where the decision came in to drop the bomb because every faction that the U.S. could come up with came out to several 100,000 of american solider's would die just trying to get a couple miles into the Japanese mainland.  As well as at the time Japanese solider's weren't the only one's fighting but also civilians off the street would start fighting!

#28    joc

joc

Adminstrator of Cosmic Blues

• 14,465 posts

• They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through
    They choose the path where no-one goes

Posted 10 February 2005 - 10:57 PM

I don't think its a good thing if anyone goes Nuclear but nearly everyone has and so why not n.Korea

Ah, Lottie, dearest...We don't want someone having them that might use them offensively or blackmail other countries.  Plus, it is like a club thing and we don't want just 'anybody' in the club. tongue.gif

Posted Image
once i believed that starlight could guide me home
now i know that light is old and stars are cold

ReverbNation

#29    fearfulone

fearfulone

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 713 posts

• Believe no one that believes you...Trust no one that trusts you...and for your own sake...don't listen to a word i say

Posted 10 February 2005 - 11:03 PM

I'll tell you, North Korea may be one of those crazy countries that goes and believs they have a destiny like the japanese in WWii.....i'm on the west coast of the US, i know they have ICBM's that can reach the west coast...i may consider begining a move to the midwest tongue.gif

Trust no one that trusts you!

"you will need at least two more of the male variety to even pose a threat to us women... remember ... we can think with both the right and left sides of our brain!"
-nxt2hvn

CONSPIRACY I SAY!! CONSPIRACY!

"It's not the bad things that happen to you your upset about, it's the good things that happen to other people that piss you off."
-Robert Udall in 'As Good As It Gets'

#30    Lottie

Lottie

The Nappy Ninja !!

• 7,516 posts

Posted 10 February 2005 - 11:03 PM

QUOTE(joc @ Feb 10 2005, 10:57 PM)
I don't think its a good thing if anyone goes Nuclear but nearly everyone has and so why not n.Korea

Ah, Lottie, dearest...We don't want someone having them that might use them offensively or blackmail other countries.  Plus, it is like a club thing and we don't want just 'anybody' in the club. tongue.gif

View Post

But isn't that the point of Nukes anyway...to use them offensively, blackmail other countries and protect oneself because other countries have them.  tongue.gif  

As for being a 'club thing' that sounds like a school playground thing...which just about sums up this utter mess. No wonder countries have a problem if this is the attitude.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users