Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 5 votes

Pets Gallery

• Please log in to reply
2233 replies to this topic

#1786    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

Official UM Asylum Resident

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts

• Wha? /:0\

Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:35 AM

View PostlibstaK, on 14 September 2013 - 03:09 AM, said:

Aw, I love malamutes.

They are beautiful and intelligent, Loki is a great name.

FYI - Loki means rose in Hawaiian.   lol

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald

#1787    Ohelemapit

Ohelemapit

My freestyle rapping career didn't work out, so I came back

• 6,293 posts

• The illegitimate love-child of Strategy and Creativity. Sex God, Entrepreneur, Super Hero, Rapper, Table Dancer.

Posted 15 September 2013 - 09:46 AM

View PostLava_Lady, on 15 September 2013 - 01:35 AM, said:

FYI - Loki means rose in Hawaiian.   lol

When we picked Loki up, We found out his Kennel Club name was “Shadow of Loki”. As the owner you are not obliged to keep the name but it is on their records permanently. We got him home let him settle in for a day before we decided to pick a name for him. Only me and my daughter knew his KC name, we wanted something that would suit him/his breed and looked at Native names, my son suggested Loki  “The Norse god of mischief” without knowing his KC registered name and so it was meant to be.. we kind of also use Lakota and cut it short to Loki, just the same way we used Buster and cut that short to “Boo” for our old German shepherd.

Posted Image

#1788    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

Official UM Asylum Resident

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts

• Wha? /:0\

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:03 PM

Must have been meant to be!

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald

#1789    Asadora

Asadora

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:24 AM

I'm not good at uploading my own pictures to the forum, not sure how the member gallery works. So instead, I'll share one of my youtube videos that I made of my Lab. I have no technical issues with sharing links.

My husband and I took our Lab to Robin Hood's Bay on this past Fourth of July. It was his first time at the seaside.

"From time to time there appear on the face of the earth men of rare and consummate excellence, who dazzle us by their virtue, and whose outstanding qualities shed a stupendous light. Like those extraordinary stars of whose origins we are ignorant, and of whose fate, once they have vanished, we know even less, such men have neither forebears nor descendants: they are the whole of their race."  -- Jean de la Bruyere 1645-1696.

#1790    Aggie

Aggie

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:40 AM

He is absolutely gorgeous!!!!!  And nice to hear your voice.

Thanks for sharing :tu:

No matter what happens....never stop believing in people.....never stop believing in love♥♥

#1791    Asadora

Asadora

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:53 AM

View PostAggie, on 18 September 2013 - 10:40 AM, said:

He is absolutely gorgeous!!!!!  And nice to hear your voice.

Thanks for sharing :tu:

Thank you for the compliments and you are very welcome:)

"From time to time there appear on the face of the earth men of rare and consummate excellence, who dazzle us by their virtue, and whose outstanding qualities shed a stupendous light. Like those extraordinary stars of whose origins we are ignorant, and of whose fate, once they have vanished, we know even less, such men have neither forebears nor descendants: they are the whole of their race."  -- Jean de la Bruyere 1645-1696.

#1792    Q-C

Q-C

BugWhisperer

• 5,533 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:53 AM

water+kids= Happy Lab!

Bigfoot is in the eye of the beholder

Scottish Scientists Only!

#1793    Asadora

Asadora

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:08 AM

View PostQuiteContrary, on 23 September 2013 - 02:53 AM, said:

water+kids= Happy Lab!

Haha - I think all small children are happier when they aren't seeing my Lab bounding towards them. His overjoy and love of life scares them. But he sure does love the water! :)

#1794    Q-C

Q-C

BugWhisperer

• 5,533 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:40 AM

View PostAsadora, on 23 September 2013 - 07:08 AM, said:

Haha - I think all small children are happier when they aren't seeing my Lab bounding towards them. His overjoy and love of life scares them. But he sure does love the water! :)

We had a lab mix when our boys were young. She looked like a (bit) smaller than normal chocolate lab. We adored her! She loved to camp and enjoy the lakes and rivers with us.
She was so sweet and playful, the perfect kid dog. Well, perfect for all of us!

Bigfoot is in the eye of the beholder

Scottish Scientists Only!

#1795    Asadora

Asadora

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:48 AM

View PostQuiteContrary, on 23 September 2013 - 07:40 AM, said:

We had a lab mix when our boys were young. She looked like a (bit) smaller than normal chocolate lab. We adored her! She loved to camp and enjoy the lakes and rivers with us.
She was so sweet and playful, the perfect kid dog. Well, perfect for all of us!

Such nice memories! And she sounds as though she was def perfect for your family:)
Labs are awesome. Just utterly awesome!

Eventually when my Lab calms down a bit more, I would like to get another Lab, but the house isn't big enough, no matter how many times my Mother tells me, 'There is always room for one more.'

#1796    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 23,867 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:11 AM

My Jack-iwahwah. Half Jack Russell, half Chiwahwah. 13 years old and still has her teeth.

DSCN2265A.JPG

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#1797    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 17,137 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:33 AM

A cat we had given up on appeared last night on my balcony hollering its head off happy to be home.  She is perhaps the smartest of all the cats we have (nine), a real devil at watching us and learning how to open bird cages (of course now we have cat-proofed them).  Beautiful short-hair calico.  Doesn't seem to be any the worse for wear, except lost a few pounds.

We try to keep our cats indoors, and I have no idea how this one got out.  Cats and dogs don't have the instincts to thrive in cities on their own.

#1798    _Only

_Only

• 6,782 posts

• Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:28 AM

View PostDieChecker, on 24 September 2013 - 05:11 AM, said:

My Jack-iwahwah. Half Jack Russell, half Chiwahwah. 13 years old and still has her teeth.

Attachment DSCN2265A.JPG

That's funny, because I also have a 1/2 and 1/2 Jack Russell/Chi, but while yours looks like a chi, mine looks like a Jack. It's nutty how different they can look, but having the same 2 dog breeds in them.

Compare:

Posted Image

Posted Image

"I think there may be "ghost phenomenon" that may be still not fully understood or dismissed, but that doesn't make it spirits of the dead, anymore than "UFO" means "spaceship" or even "UFO" or "spaceship" is directly related to aliens, or anything else. There is way too much assumption and a baseless reliance on anecdotal lore, like when people assert this or that about the spirit world or the astral plane or Ouija board demons, or religion. I say 'says WHO?'" - Paranormalcy

#1799    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 23,867 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:19 AM

View Post_Only, on 26 September 2013 - 03:28 AM, said:

That's funny, because I also have a 1/2 and 1/2 Jack Russell/Chi, but while yours looks like a chi, mine looks like a Jack. It's nutty how different they can look, but having the same 2 dog breeds in them.

Compare:

Posted Image

Posted Image

I've met like 4 other people with chiwahwah/jack russell mixes, and each dog was different. My Bo (short for Bonita) has a chiwahwah head and a small jack body.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#1800    Mythical Legend

Mythical Legend

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 204 posts

• Please...enlighten me...

Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:57 AM

Love the Jack Russell/Chihuahua mix :tu:

Only shot i got of my cat

Posted Image
Kiki2 by LenzFreak, on Flickr

Such a rouge she is.

And though i can't pet them...yet...2 types of feathered friends i've been raising for a while

Posted Image
Hummingbird35 by LenzFreak, on Flickr
Posted Image
Sparrow32 by LenzFreak, on Flickr

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users