Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 3 votes

Pets Gallery

• Please log in to reply
1976 replies to this topic

#1801    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 18,330 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:09 AM

Must be a good camera to get a non-blur hummingbird pic.

Love the blue eyes!

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#1802    sarah_444

sarah_444

Poltergeist

• 2,801 posts

• "It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see." -Henry David Thoreau

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:55 PM

Oliver yesterday morning.  I hadn't fed him yet...so he decided to become a distraction until I stopped what I was doing.
Typical cattitude. :P

Posted Image

#1803    Asadora

Asadora

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:08 PM

View Postsarah_444, on 27 September 2013 - 02:55 PM, said:

Oliver yesterday morning.  I hadn't fed him yet...so he decided to become a distraction until I stopped what I was doing.
Typical cattitude. :P

Posted Image

Beautiful!!! I want to cuddle-molest him!

My mom has two cats. She is also the kind of woman that doesn't talk and can put the fear of wrath in anyone who gets between her and her morning coffee. When she wakes up, both cats are up on the counter sitting on either side of the coffee pot. She attempts to make coffee. The cats work as a team and wrap their tails around the coffee maker. She has learned that in order to get coffee, she must fill the cat's food bowls.

Cats are brave... very very brave.
Haha!
Awesome picture! :clap:

"From time to time there appear on the face of the earth men of rare and consummate excellence, who dazzle us by their virtue, and whose outstanding qualities shed a stupendous light. Like those extraordinary stars of whose origins we are ignorant, and of whose fate, once they have vanished, we know even less, such men have neither forebears nor descendants: they are the whole of their race."  -- Jean de la Bruyere 1645-1696.

#1804    sarah_444

sarah_444

Poltergeist

• 2,801 posts

• "It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see." -Henry David Thoreau

Posted 27 September 2013 - 06:44 PM

View PostAsadora, on 27 September 2013 - 03:08 PM, said:

Beautiful!!! I want to cuddle-molest him!

My mom has two cats. She is also the kind of woman that doesn't talk and can put the fear of wrath in anyone who gets between her and her morning coffee. When she wakes up, both cats are up on the counter sitting on either side of the coffee pot. She attempts to make coffee. The cats work as a team and wrap their tails around the coffee maker. She has learned that in order to get coffee, she must fill the cat's food bowls.

Cats are brave... very very brave.
Haha!
Awesome picture! :clap:

Haha. Smart kitties!

#1805    Mythical Legend

Mythical Legend

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 202 posts

• Please...enlighten me...

Posted 28 September 2013 - 02:57 AM

View PostDieChecker, on 27 September 2013 - 04:09 AM, said:

Must be a good camera to get a non-blur hummingbird pic.

Love the blue eyes!

I sold off a lot of my pro stuff (a painful departure it was) and kept my semi pro stuff seeing as it's mainly just a hobby at this point. But it's a very relaxing hobby at least :yes:

#1806    Asadora

Asadora

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:09 PM

Posted Image

I was going through photos of my Lab and found this one. This was taken when he was about eight months old. (If I remember correctly.) I made a meme out of it because his face is a priceless WTF? :)

"From time to time there appear on the face of the earth men of rare and consummate excellence, who dazzle us by their virtue, and whose outstanding qualities shed a stupendous light. Like those extraordinary stars of whose origins we are ignorant, and of whose fate, once they have vanished, we know even less, such men have neither forebears nor descendants: they are the whole of their race."  -- Jean de la Bruyere 1645-1696.

#1807    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

Official UM Asylum Resident

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts

• Wha? /:0\

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:13 PM

View PostAsadora, on 01 October 2013 - 02:09 PM, said:

Posted Image

I was going through photos of my Lab and found this one. This was taken when he was about eight months old. (If I remember correctly.) I made a meme out of it because his face is a priceless WTF? :)

The light in his eyes even look like the emoticon  :blink:  lol

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald

#1808    Asadora

Asadora

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 10:34 PM

View PostLava_Lady, on 01 October 2013 - 09:13 PM, said:

The light in his eyes even look like the emoticon  :blink:  lol

You're right! Haha! I just noticed that as you've pointed it out. hahaha - priceless.

#1809    Novella

Novella

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 18 posts

• All the things that I find beautiful have a darkness about them.

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:23 PM

This is my baby girl, Mickey <3 I've never had such an amazing bond with an animal, I swear we're kindred.

Posted Image

This is Daphy--she isn't really mine, but the boyfriend's mama. She's just too cute not to share a photo!

Posted Image

This is Kayley, the cat that my boyfriend and I adopted from the shelter.

Posted Image

And the last of the cats, Baby. He was an abandoned kitten living in Mick's neighborhood that his family rescued (:

Posted Image

And lastly, my dog Daisy Mae. She looks like a chocolate lab in this photo, but she's a black lab. She had just found a nice pile of dirt to roll in lol

Posted Image

Phew, sorry about my barrage of pets! xD

Everyone has such adorable furbabies!

xoxo

Edited by Novella, 14 October 2013 - 08:35 PM.

#1810    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

• 1,832 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:42 PM

View PostNovella, on 14 October 2013 - 08:23 PM, said:

This is my baby girl, Mickey <3 I've never had such an amazing bond with an animal, I swear we're kindred.

Posted Image

This is Daphy--she isn't really mine, but the boyfriend's mama. She's just too cute not to share a photo!

Posted Image

This is Kayley, the cat that my boyfriend and I adopted from the shelter.

Posted Image

And the last of the cats, Baby. He was an abandoned kitten living in Mick's neighborhood that his family rescued (:

Posted Image

And lastly, my dog Daisy Mae. She looks like a chocolate lab in this photo, but she's a black lab. She had just found a nice pile of dirt to roll in lol

Posted Image

Phew, sorry about my barrage of pets! xD

Everyone has such adorable furbabies!

xoxo

What a happy family!

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald

#1811    Novella

Novella

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 18 posts

• All the things that I find beautiful have a darkness about them.

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:10 PM

View PostLava_Lady, on 14 October 2013 - 08:42 PM, said:

What a happy family!

Oh, yes. Although Daphy, Kayley and Baby are in one home; Daisy at my mom's and Mickey is with me full-time.
Luckily, the cats Kayley and Baby were fast friends and are very much like brother and sister. They're the most entertaining duo of cats I've ever had.
I was completely taken aback at first, as Baby was wandering my boyfriend's neighborhood for months and we had just adopted Kayley.
From the get-go they were in love with each other. I've never seen two cats who weren't siblings or at least raised together be so friendly towards each other.
As evidence, here's a photo I snapped a while ago of the two together:
Posted Image

#1812    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

• 1,832 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:50 PM

Some pets, no matter species, were meant to be together.  My two late cats, Ceasar and Monty were like that.  Not related but the best of friends and ultimately family.  I loved them both dearly.  I still have their ashes.

#1813    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 18,330 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:41 PM

Posted Image

I'm sad to say that my little dog Bo died over the weekend. She went into breathing distress due to her advanced heart disease and had to go to the Pet ER at 1 in the morning. They tried giving her oxygen and an IV of medication, but she did not pull through.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#1814    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

• 1,832 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:43 PM

View PostDieChecker, on 15 October 2013 - 08:41 PM, said:

I'm sad to say that my little dog Bo died over the weekend. She went into breathing distress due to her advanced heart disease and had to go to the Pet ER at 1 in the morning. They tried giving her oxygen and an IV of medication, but she did not pull through.

I'm so sorry... my condolences to you and your family.

#1815    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 18,330 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 01:05 AM

Thanks!

My wife was already looking for a 2nd dog, and we'll keep looking for now. We're looking at spaniels and other mid sized dogs.

I tried to convince her (briefly) to get one of those giant Nazi rabbits. :tu:  (They're actually called Flemings giant rabbits, I think)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users