Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Synesthesia

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1    Kismit

Kismit

Telekinetic

• 7,680 posts

Posted 30 April 2003 - 11:25 AM

When I was very little , I had the most bizzare thought . I thought about the color blue , and I knew that I could see blue as blue and that other people could see blue as blue. However I was never really sure wether other people saw blue in the same way that I did .
    Any way years later down the track and still puzzled by this bizzare thought , I learned of a condition that causes peoples senses to jumble . So that they actually hear colors and taste shapes . Along with a multitude of other experiences . We have touched briefly on this subject before I know .

Here's a link to a story on the subject .LinkyDink :0)                                                  

#2    schadeaux

schadeaux

Ambiguitous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,887 posts

Posted 30 April 2003 - 11:43 PM

Very good reading, Kismit.  I have read several sci-fi stories about such things, but the settings were either extraterrestrial or extradimensional.  It also reminds me of that movie "MASK" where Rocky teaches a blind girl how to "see" colors and descriptions of intangibles through touch.  He used cotton balls to describe billowy clouds, a hot potato for red, an ice cube for blue, etc.  

I had no idea there were cases where that was actual fact.  I bet Esmerelda Jones kicks butt at Simon! smile.gif                                                  

"To study and not think is a waste.
To think and not study is dangerous."
Confucius

#3    Homer

Homer

Government Agent

• 3,814 posts

Posted 01 May 2003 - 04:06 AM

I remembering thinking about things like this when I was younger, but never looked too deeply into it. Very interesting article Kismit smile.gif                                                  

אַ֭תָּה אֱלֹהֵ֣י יִשְׁעִ֑י

#4    Loonboy

Loonboy

Poltergeist

• 2,852 posts

Posted 01 May 2003 - 11:13 AM

I have heard colours and tasted shapes, and a lot of other crazy stuff while I was hammered at a party once...

mellow.gif                                                  

Do what you want and be what you feel. Because after all, those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't 'mind.

Work hard, keep the ceremonies, live peacably, and unite your hearts. Hopi

Listen to the voice of nature, for it holds treasures for you. Huron

The soul would have no rainbow if the eyes had no tears. Minquass

#5    Kismit

Kismit

Telekinetic

• 7,680 posts

Posted 01 May 2003 - 11:19 AM

Hmmm . Been there done that ,
                    They didn't make you wear a blindfold for that did they L.B.? ph34r.gif                                                  

#6    Loonboy

Loonboy

Poltergeist

• 2,852 posts

Posted 01 May 2003 - 11:39 AM

No but I wore one anyway.... how did you know?   ohmy.gif

Do what you want and be what you feel. Because after all, those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't 'mind.

Work hard, keep the ceremonies, live peacably, and unite your hearts. Hopi

Listen to the voice of nature, for it holds treasures for you. Huron

The soul would have no rainbow if the eyes had no tears. Minquass

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users