Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

US military's gay policy 'costly'

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#16    bathory

bathory

Alien Abducter

• 5,302 posts

Posted 25 February 2005 - 11:41 AM

how do the armed forces handle men and women?

#17    Lottie

Lottie

The Nappy Ninja !!

• 7,516 posts

• "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me." - Noel Coward

Posted 25 February 2005 - 11:42 AM

blink.gif This is truly pathetic. People need to wake up from their paranoid, homophobic haze. Homosexuality has been around since the birth of this planet. Every person regardless of their sexual preference has a birth right to be on this planet and get on with their lives.

Land of the Free- What a friggin joke! grin2.gif

#18    bathory

bathory

Alien Abducter

• 5,302 posts

Posted 25 February 2005 - 11:56 AM

Lottie would you feel uncomfortable having to shower with men?

and if so, why would you feel uncomfortable?

#19    Talon

Talon

UM Chess Tournament Champion 2005

• 15,003 posts

• Life, Death, Anime inbetween

Posted 25 February 2005 - 12:01 PM

Last time I checked, they weren't asking men and women to shower together rolleyes.gif

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." -Plato

#20    bathory

bathory

Alien Abducter

• 5,302 posts

Posted 25 February 2005 - 12:12 PM

and why aren't they?

#21    Talon

Talon

• 15,003 posts

Posted 25 February 2005 - 12:20 PM

Because we're not the USSR, we don't have unisex baths and showers room etc

Edited by Talon S., 25 February 2005 - 12:23 PM.

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." -Plato

#22    bathory

bathory

Alien Abducter

• 5,302 posts

Posted 25 February 2005 - 12:28 PM

why not?

#23    Seraphina

Seraphina

Voted Best Member 2005

• 7,133 posts

• Everyone likes a smouldering and sexy glare from a diminutive scientist.

Posted 25 February 2005 - 12:32 PM

So let me get this straight.....

The right wingers on this board are trying to justify their prejudice, intollerance, and discimrination by using.....showers huh.gif

They're trying to justify the absolutely insane dismissal of valuable manpower (manpower we really can't afford to be throwing away given our situation), and sheer hypocracy of the act itself, because "I'm worried they'll peek at my shlong when I'm having a wash!"

You know, I actually find that even more prejudiced and ignorant than if they'd just said something about religion, and called it quits huh.gif

Posted Image

Apparantly, over on Exchristian.Net, they say that I'm "probably the smartest person" on UM....that is so cool...

#24    bathory

bathory

Alien Abducter

• 5,302 posts

Posted 25 February 2005 - 12:49 PM

i'm all for homosexuals in the army/navy/airforce

i just think its a hell of allot more complicated to implement than you would have us believe.

#25    Talon

Talon

• 15,003 posts

Posted 25 February 2005 - 12:51 PM

Changing the shower slot times is compicated? huh.gif

#26    Subtemperate

Subtemperate

Sub-b-wonderful

• 9,966 posts

• I made a spelling mistake and sold my soul to santa.

Posted 25 February 2005 - 12:52 PM

I think that

"Would you take a bullet for your country?"

"Yes"

"Would you risk torture to uphold your countries beliefs"

"Yes"

"Would you shower if someone might look at you?"

"....."

Doesn't really seem relevent in the scheme of things....

In fact I know just as many people who just dont like showering in front of the same sex, as it makes them uncomfortable.... Do we cater for them to?

"Not only do I not know the answer, I don't even know what the question is" - Metallica

Posted Image

#27    bathory

bathory

Alien Abducter

• 5,302 posts

Posted 25 February 2005 - 12:57 PM

Changing the shower slot times is compicated?

who knows
i was simply asking a question, i don't know much about the day to day runnings of an army base, and how things are done.

#28    Seraphina

Seraphina

Voted Best Member 2005

• 7,133 posts

• Everyone likes a smouldering and sexy glare from a diminutive scientist.

Posted 25 February 2005 - 01:04 PM

Fact: Homosexuals function just fine in society...they do not run around raping straight men as a matter of course, and most of the intelligent human population got over the idea a long time ago that homosexuals are raving sex machines, who will desperately try and convert them to their way of life.

The only reason homosexuals are removed from the army is because of prejudice, and the inability of some people to get their believes into the modern era. There is no possible way such an action could be justified...even if we don't take into account that a country claiming to be carrying the flag of freedom, human rights, and liberty, is choosing to deliberately deny basic rights to many of its citizens, then the idea of dismissing military staff for trivial reasons at this moment in time is still insane.

Posted Image

Apparantly, over on Exchristian.Net, they say that I'm "probably the smartest person" on UM....that is so cool...

#29    bathory

bathory

Alien Abducter

• 5,302 posts

Posted 25 February 2005 - 01:27 PM

Homosexuals function just fine in society...they do not run around raping straight men as a matter of course, and most of the intelligent human population got over the idea a long time ago that homosexuals are raving sex machines, who will desperately try and convert them to their way of life.

of course
so why don't men and women share showers etc
i mean, men don't run around raping women as a matter of course...
i think its because it still ends up being awkward and counterproductive to what is trying to be achieved in the defence force. Could it be worked around? probably, but would it be cost effective and efficient? i dunno.

#30    Lottie

Lottie

The Nappy Ninja !!

• 7,516 posts

• "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me." - Noel Coward

Posted 25 February 2005 - 01:37 PM

QUOTE(bathory @ Feb 25 2005, 11:56 AM)
Lottie would you feel uncomfortable having to shower with men?

and if so, why would you feel uncomfortable?

View Post

No not at all. tongue.gif  In fact that could be fun!!!  devil.gif

I know what you are trying to say here but maybe you should have asked if I would feel uncomfortable showering with women because the woman is gay.
I would answer the same, no not at all. I have been on nudist beaches with complete strangers, never bothered me. I have friends who are Lesbians, friends who are gay and men friends who are straight.  I have swam, slept in the same bed and had showers with them in public showers, i.e Swimming pools. Christ I even had a bath once with an old gay friend...does that make me gay? You know what its no-ones business but my own!
I have no qualms about my sexuality. I live in a society where thankfully sexuality is open and honest and people are not bothered about who you have sex with.

Gay people do not have a sign on their forehead saying I am Gay. Hence you have probably  showered with gay people and never even realised it. What I am saying is people who are Gay are no different from people who are straight, their sexual preference is just different.
In fact if a straightman has a shower with a gay man the likelihood is that the Gay man knows he is staright anyway.

I do not understand where this idea comes from that just because someone is gay they are like rampant bunnies ready to jump on anything living and breathing. Being Gay is not some kind of weird mental or physical disease it is a natural state of the human biology of some. People need to wise up.

Edited by Lottie, 25 February 2005 - 01:43 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users