Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

fanatic nationalists

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#16    Homer

Homer

Government Agent

• 3,814 posts

Posted 05 October 2001 - 08:34 PM

Mystify,

I know what you mean, a lot of topics seem to eventually wonder off. But I think we can all agree that this initial post is garbage.

Homer[glow=color,strength,width]

אַ֭תָּה אֱלֹהֵ֣י יִשְׁעִ֑י

#17    odinsupreme

odinsupreme

Odin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

• Yes.

Posted 05 October 2001 - 08:53 PM

Well I don't think that his post was garbage, every opinion must be accepted, but you don't have to agree, and about Reese, I still think that it is crap what you where saying Homer, you always pick on her (I read some posts)...

Odin Supreme 8)

#18    Homer

Homer

Government Agent

• 3,814 posts

Posted 05 October 2001 - 09:12 PM

Odin,

You seem to be the only one besides R0bby that doesn't think this initial thread is garbage.

I challenge you to give some examples of me picking on her. It seems I post something, then she has to argue about it with me. The less she knows, the more she argues. Like I said, prove I pick on her.

#19    Homer

Homer

Government Agent

• 3,814 posts

Posted 05 October 2001 - 09:25 PM

Odin,

So the FACT that Reese consistently lied to me and the rest of the forum with her false accusations means that I was picking on her ???  Nothing I stated on those posts was false, and if you disagree, then you have yet to explain yourself why.

#20    reese92

reese92

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 246 posts

Posted 05 October 2001 - 09:47 PM

I don't really understand how the orginal thread has now turned into a discussion about me?? I do not feel picked on at all. I think if I was to feel that, then that would be because I somehow feel intimidated, which I do not.  So, I am not feeling picked on one bit.  I hope that Homer, you are not feeling picked on by me.  I speak my opinion to all people, not just you, and with the 'proof' that you posted, you can see that.  
What I have posted is not a lie, not at all. They are the way I see or percieve a situation or any information that I read or learn.  That is a bit extreme for you to keep saying.  And, if it was directed to you, so you say, then how did I 'Lie' to the rest of the forum?? My opinions are mine, and they aren't going to change because you don't like it.  
So in closing, atleast keep it real, and point out the fact that I argue with most of the members here, not just you Homer.

Reese

#21    Mystify

Mystify

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 05 October 2001 - 10:14 PM

I agree Reese.
Homer.. this is I quote from you
"So the FACT that Reese consistently lied to me and the rest of the forum with her false accusations means that I was picking on her   Nothing I stated on those posts was false, and if you disagree, then you have yet to explain yourself why"

Does that not under normal terms fall under the picking on category. I understand reese saying that she doesn't feel like she's being picked on because all debates have there opinions and sides.. so "technically" no one ever is really picked unless they feel intimidated. I personnally dissagree with this INITIAL POST to this thread... but don't think that I am trying to intimidate Robby in anyway.<
So I guess it's how you look at it and what you consider to be "picked on".

We all pick on each other. This is a FORUM and DEBATE room. I pick at your opinions and you all pick at mine. This is reality...
Some people like to pick on each other more than others... but deep down... as much as all of us have never really met expect through words... I would miss hearing some of the opinions you all have if you were to never return here. Meaning that as much as some of us disagree with each other... we all look forward to debating different topics and don't intend for people to take things totally personnaly.  
   I don't wish any harm on Robby myself... but lost some respect for him when he lost it for us. As I said... it should not come to this at this forum. That is not what it's for.

I'm here today because of the past, i respect my self and all i have become and there for i do not regret the road i've walked.

#22    Homer

Homer

Government Agent

• 3,814 posts

Posted 05 October 2001 - 10:41 PM

Mystify,

You just don't seem to understand what this is all about. It's not really about R0bby's post.

This is about an earlier thread which I started and Odin brought up again, in which I and the rest of the forum(including you)was lied to regarding statements reese and Odin claimed I made, yet I didn't make.

When someone claims I stated something, yet I DIDN'T say it, then it isn't really even an opinion of their's that I said it. They can't even say where it is they claim I said it. For example, if I said you agree with R0bby's original post, yet you clearly stated you didn't, I can't realistically say it is MY OPINION that you said or meant it, when you clearly stated the contrary. To say that would surely be a lie. And since accusations are here for everyone to read, it is to the whole forum that this lie is to.

Also Mystify, that quote of mine you wrote is exactly what I meant. Don't take it out of context. It was Odin who said I was picking on reese, not me.

#23    odinsupreme

odinsupreme

Odin

• 1,097 posts

• Yes.

Posted 05 October 2001 - 10:41 PM

Hmmm, I read and think, but I do nat say anything... Why? I don't know, I am probably speecheless.. ;)

Odin Supreme 8)

#24    odinsupreme

odinsupreme

Odin

• 1,097 posts

• Yes.

Posted 05 October 2001 - 10:45 PM

Homer,

I don't think that we will agree in any way, so I won't talk about this again.

Odin Supreme 8)

#25    Homer

Homer

Government Agent

• 3,814 posts

Posted 05 October 2001 - 10:53 PM

Odin,

Although I continue to be dumbfounded by your complete absense of understanding, and not seeing  that I have been accused, when clearly the facts have been laid out for everyone to see, I too agree that this should be over.

;DHomer[glow=color,strength,width] ;D

#26    Mystify

Mystify

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 05 October 2001 - 10:57 PM

Can we strike a deal?
I don't think you specifically said anything about U.S being superior... though I can see how it would have been interpreted that way by others. This you can't disagree with.
What I also meant was... your last post it self was technically "picking on Reese".

All I was after was some more opinions on this Initial thread. I do not wish do discuss anything else here. This is not the same thread. If you guys and girls want to debate that... find the thread and continue doing so. I never had any say in particular one anyway. Above i have expressed my thoughts on it. That is all.

Maybe what Robby said doesn't trigger anything for anyone but me. I find it hard to beleive but... hey...not me to make it happen.
Sorry if anyone got offended at all. I'm just still waiting for Robbies response. Obviously he knows what he initially wrote wasn't either proper or something he didn't fully think was right.
Please accept my oppologies for misleading my posts if done so.

I'm here today because of the past, i respect my self and all i have become and there for i do not regret the road i've walked.

#27    Homer

Homer

Government Agent

• 3,814 posts

Posted 06 October 2001 - 12:46 AM

Mystify,

No problem, as you can see, many threads tend to stray from their original topic. That's the way it goes sometimes :)

Thanks for coming around to understanding that the accusations were indeed false. But no, I wasn't picking on reese on that post, for when you copied and pasted it, it left off the smiley.

As far as R0bby goes, a lot of us posted our disgust, so we are all in agreement with you on that. Who knows if and when he will respond. I bet he wishes I didn't copy his original text before he edited it ;D

#28    Tommy

Tommy

Psychic Spy

• 1,846 posts

Posted 06 October 2001 - 01:21 AM

R0bby,
    I'm glad you came to your senses and omitted much of your original post.

Although I have no problem with people giving their opinion, a discussion forum in my opinion most be both pluralistic, thereby accepting other peoples ethnic, religious, national or whatever backgrounds; it must also be tolerant. - Tolerant of the views of others.

With this having been said, the line must be drawn somewhere, and I believe it should be drawn when offending these individuals’ way of life.

Why should it matter how nationalistic Americans feel at this point of time?? Just accept that that's how they feel. R0bby's opinion of America’s nationalism could have been delivered without the undermining of the American way of life. Why go out of your way to offend someone when there is no need?

Tommy

PS what does “TRULINESS” mean? image

"Superstition created all the gods and angels, all the devils and ghosts, all the witches, demons and goblins, gave us all the augurs, soothsayers and prophets, filled the heavens with signs and wonders, broke the chain of cause and effect, and wrote the history of man in miracles and lies" ~ Robert Green Ingersoll

#29    Jo-Jo

Jo-Jo

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 October 2001 - 12:12 AM

I agree, Odin.  Found this on an email list this morning, and it seems to fit perfectly here:
Please remember that the belief systems of others  regardless of your agreement or lack of agreement with them creates their perception, and their perception IS their reality.
Therefore, it IS as valid as your own.  Recognizing the similarities and putting your attention on these can lead to a greater understanding of the differences.

Well I don't think that his post was garbage, every opinion must be accepted, but you don't have to agree, and about Reese, I still think that it is crap what you where saying Homer, you always pick on her (I read some posts)...

Odin Supreme 8)

#30    Homer

Homer

Government Agent

• 3,814 posts

Posted 07 October 2001 - 03:41 AM

Jo-Jo,

Although someone's perception can be their reality, as distorted as it may be, it may not be the truth. Regardless, R0bby's comments of leveling profanities and disrespect at ANY nation that has just been attacked, killing thousands of innocent civilians, was inappropriate even if he thinks it's true. It doesn't really matter if he believes what he wrote, it was grossly out of line. If he felt as bad about a particular country, he could have waited several months or a year or so, when almost everything is back to normal. Then, when the timing may be better, he can find an appropriate forum to post it to, since this ISN'T the appropriate forum for that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users