Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 10 votes

Werewolf sightings/encounters

• Please log in to reply
1259 replies to this topic

#196    kiddglock

kiddglock

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 07:57 PM

BOW:  This won't carry the same weight since you found this story as opposed to having experienced it yourself.  Here goes anyway...I know the exact area this happened in.  Directly west of the town the poster is from is an area we used to do some Army Reserve maneuvers in.  The area was supposedly hainted and had experienced much cult activity.  It was locally famous for it in the seventies and eighties.  Overall, this part of the country is called the Four State Area and is comprised of Several counties in southwest Missouri, a dozen or so in southeast Kansas, three or four in northeastern Oklahoma and the extreme two northwestern counties of Arkansas.  It has some of the Ozarks in it, but is mainly prairie and oak forest country-kind of foothills before you reach the Ozarks proper around Springfield and Branson.  The largest town is Joplin.  It was a big Ku Klux Klan town during the heyday of that organization.  There are also quite a few tales of cult activities around there.  Northwest Arkansas has always been said to be home to a lot of generational Satanists too.  The area where Kansas, Missouri and Oklahoma meet is called "spooksville" and is home to one of the most famous will o' the wisps around-the Spooklight of Hornet, Missouri.  Surprisingly, this area was a big mining center and there are abandoned mines all around.  Plenty of standard ghost tales, etc.  I guess what I am getting at is this doesn't surprise me.  Oh yeah, that area immediately west of the werewolf spotting where the cult activity was...I think one of the tales there was of a werewolf.  This would have been, depending on how far towards home the poster had gotten-maybe twenty miles west.

#197    mysticwolf777

mysticwolf777

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 03:09 PM

The Wolf Spirit
The pain racked through my body in waves. I was doubled over in a fetal position,...tried to cry out but no sound came, ..then mercifully, I blacked out..
I am running low to the earth ,and fast through the trees ..my movements effortless, fluid...senses hyper-keen,...feeling of exhilaration. There is a burst of movement up ahead, a deer, it's white tail flagged and glowing in the full moons light. I give chase closing the gap quickly but it puts on an additional burst of speed, leaping in great bounds over obstacles, logs and brush piles. My lungs are on fire as I pant and tire, the distance between us now widening,...too far gone, I relent, stop to catch my breath. It was great sport.
The full moon radiates it's power through the bare branches of the trees. I bask in it's glow, feeling it’s rejuvenating light surging through me. With no forethought I raise my muzzle and sing a long lonely note of a howl in thanks for it's presence. I continue my long, mile eating lope over the tree covered hills and through neglected meadows grown tall with wild flowers and grasses. Nearly at my feet , a blur of movement, quick but too close for escape ,..not so lucky as the deer .I tear and devour the rabbit, all of it, and wish for another.
I awake, knowing things are not the same as when I went to bed. I feel tired , sore...no trace of the pajama bottoms or underwear I wore to bed. There are numerous scratches on my naked body and my bed sheets are torn and ripped badly. My hands and feet are dirty with mud...and traces of blood.
This scenario would replay itself in variations through out my youth.
The caesarean section operation was going well. The doctor and his assistants were very professional and had performed this procedure almost daily. It was a shame the infant was in a breech position for my wife had gone the entire labor using the Lamaze breathing techniques she had practiced for weeks with me at her side coaching and helping her focus. The doctor finally had to make the call, and the operation began. I watched in fascination from my position at the head of my wife where I massaged her head and tried to reassure her that all was going well. Over the sheet barrier I could see the busy hands working within the incision area until finally, our little girl was extracted from the bloody slit of the incision. She had an alien appearance at first which I'm sure had me wide-eyed and mouth agape in awe. She was white with the merconium coating present on all newborns, and speckled with droplets of red blood from the opening. Under the white coating you could see the matted swirls of fine body hair, all over her body, but most of all on her ears which formed peaks at the top . I'm sure I was speechless momentarily as I remember my wife asking," how does she look?...what’s wrong?....is she ok?" I could not find the words for a moment, being caught up in the emotion and drama of watching our little girl come into this world , ....and how could I tell her she had just given birth to ...a fur covered albino elf, or was it a Vulcan from Star Trek.
I watched as the nurses washed and cleaned the baby, looking more and more human as the pink skin appeared under the coating of white. I was told it was not at all unusual , although rare, for a newborn to have this much body hair. The most unusual thing they kept commenting on was the long hair on the ears, and how it formed points. But , dear God in heaven!...I knew,...deep in my guts I knew....I had fathered a wolf child!
I would never forget the look in my mothers eyes when she first saw our new arrival. Her eyes grew wide and her pupils dilated instantly. I saw years of denial, perhaps recognition in her eyes of my haunted youth and unexplained nightly disappearances, the torn bed sheets, missing pajamas, howling on full moon nights and the restless spirit she always saw churning just beneath the surface . Her first words, without forethought,"Oh my God!...he's marked that baby!"
My mother was half Cherokee, her mother was an herb doctor so to speak or medicine woman. Much of her beliefs were passed to my mother. Her father was of Scottish-Irish decent and being raised in the hills where ancestors settled and brought with them beliefs and folklore from the old country, combining these beliefs with the Native cultures and beliefs created a unique blend of hill country folklore. To "mark" a child meant that something traumatic had happened while the mother was carrying the fetus in the early stages of pregnancy. I also wonder at times if it is possible to mark a child in such a way, or is this just unfounded folklore? How ever in the case my mother was referring to, she meant that the child had inherited canine lupus genetics from me. To put it simply, like her father, she had the wolf spirit. She was a shape shifter.
At twelve years of age Sasheen is an excellent student. Always on the A and B honor roll, very studious, always pleasant, always smiling. She is a wary type person, shy, warms up to people very slowly, until she feels she can trust them. She has a small ,close circle of friends ,much the same as I was at her age. Have you ever watched wolves in captivity or on documentaries? I have, many times, I've studied them my whole life. She acts like one of them, like me. She has a fondness for rare red meat. At east once every couple of weeks, she will say, "Dad, I'm starting to feel weak and pale. I need some rare steak!" She will stand at my side as I sear the steak on each side and sample it as it cooks. "That’s enough! I want it raw in the middle!" She will then ravenously devoured two full helpings, with blood still oozing from the center, hardly touching anything else on her plate. Normally she’s a finicky eater
As the full moon stage begins, she gets more and more restless. She complains that she cannot sleep on full moon nights. And lately...my wife has brought to my attention, her bed sheets are somehow being ripped , almost like claw marks. On the exterior, you see a shy, demure child, but look into her eyes and you will see an energy of ancient intelligence, surging, churning. It's just like looking into the eyes.... of a wolf.
Mysticwolf
True story believe or not, matters not to me. Mysticwolf

Attached Files

#198    mysticwolf777

mysticwolf777

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 03:22 PM

(night of the) Shadow Dance

It was the third night of the third day of my vision quest
Inside a stone circle I sat, praying to be worthy of the test
I was on top of Medicine Mountain, in Wyoming’s Bighorn chain
Before me the ancient Medicine Wheel, how old , no one can explain

A place of mystery and power, truly a sacred site
The Crow Indians say it was here, even before there was light
I was beyond hunger and thirst, toung parched, lips cracked and dry
Yet my senses were more acute than ever, I can’t explain how or why

If I did not have my vision, by the light of the morning sun
Then it was not meant to be, my vision quest would be done
The full moon had made half it’s journey, overhead shining bright
When suddenly a flame in the middle of the wheel illuminated the night

I knew it was a spiritual fire , for there was no wood there to burn
It’s colors were like a rainbow as they rippled and turned
It’s brilliance lit up the mountain top, yet no heat from the flame
Then I saw figures begin to emerge as the shadow people came

From the heart of the rainbow fire, more and more came still
And formed a circle of shadow beings around the sacred wheel
The rhythmic drumbeat began, and singers voices sang sweet
The shadow dancers began to twirl and step high to the beat

My own shadow came to life, started to them, then turned it’s head
As if to seek my permission,” Yes, you must go.” I said
The songs told of earth’s people ,how they had left the way
How the lies and tricks of others, had led them to stray

But the songs told another story, of how the red ones would return
Upon those who destroy the earth, very soon her vengeance will burn
The music and dancers suddenly stopped, stood still in their place
Except for one who came toward me, at a slow deliberate pace

I knew he was a Shaman for he carried a medicine staff high
He stopped a step away, I looked into the infinite depth of his eyes
He said “The wolf spirit you have inside is a teacher to all others”
“There are many of all races ,with red hearts that we call brothers”

“You must teach them of the old ways, tell them of our return”
“Tell them if they are to survive, now is the time to learn”
He turned and rejoined his brothers of the shadow tribe
One by one they went back through the flame just as they had arrived

The Shaman was the last to leave, he paused by the waning flame
Turned to me once more and said, ”Mysticwolf is now you’re name”
From the top of the mountains to deep canyons, echoed a lonely wolf’s note
It took a moment to realize, the howl came from my own throat.

Mysticwolf

Attached Files

#199    Were1

Were1

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 02:41 AM

Hey I am new to this site but not to the paranormal, I have seen strange thing here in Ohio. I am an avid amateur astronomer and in seeing all of my nights with my telescope my girlfriend several friends  and I have seen many strange things including possible werewolves. Get in touch with me and I will share some of my stories.

#200    spikeman25

spikeman25

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 03:26 AM

Alot of people on here don't believe in them and just write them off as myth or legend and if anybody believes in them most pof the time they get talked to like they've been smoking something or  like their just flat out stupid. I'm a firm beliver in them because as i've said before there is some definetly strange sh** in this world , And  another thread i mentioned  that i live in the country  and i ' was told that well if you feel like you're being watched or hunted close to nighttime in the forest it's all in your mind because you're not nocturnal, And that's not the case if you feel like your being watched or even hunted it's a good chance that you are, And i've also been talked to like i'm stupid because i believe in them and it does get old i'm not some stupid redneck as i've been through college and  hold a business degree. And i try to do my homework on this subject when i can by looking up the werewolf style killings during the 1500's in england and france but to research this subject extensively would take forever as there are lots of accounts and sightings up to the present day. I've said it before that if there wasn't something to them werewolf accounts would have stopped along time ago, And lycanthropy only makes up for a very small percentage of  sightings as it's a mental disorder,Not only that hpow do you explain witnesses descriptions of the face being human like and the arms and legs being jointed like a persons or having five fineger on each hand with long sharp claws on the ends, Or the arms being defined like a persons that worked out ? You can't.

#201    santaclara

santaclara

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 54 posts

• “…..and the water in your deserts will be mostly tears”

Aura Rhanes

Posted 24 March 2007 - 03:04 PM

Now I have heard and read to many similar reports and "anecdotal" accounts of "werewolf" like creatures or Lycanthropes (call them what you will) they seemed to have been around forever (just like UFOs?)  this account was told to me first hand by a lady I respect and I refused to think she would make up such a bizarre tale:

Location. Indianapolis, Indiana
Date: summer 2005 Time: 2200
Two sisters were walking back home on Kessler Boulevard eating some ice cream and talking about something when they suddenly glanced to their left on 19th street and were horrified to see a bizarre hairy 8foot tall creature that resembled a dog walking on two feet. It was walking on its hind legs towards the stunned pair. The creature was only 20ft away and had red glowing eyes, and very hairy. A very bizarre detail which they noticed was that it legs appeared to be backwards or turned back. They briefly looked at each other and when they looked back it had disappeared. It had nowhere to go and they couldn’t figure out where it had gone.

HC addendum

I will keep her identity confidential

“The dark ages may return on the gleaming wings
Of science. Beware, I say, Time may be short.”

Winston Churchill, March 1946

#202    Kyle Rajasthan

Kyle Rajasthan

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 265 posts

• Man is wolf to man, and the wolf with the sharpest teeth shall win.

Posted 26 March 2007 - 04:25 AM

I am a fan of topics like this one.  They tend to be fun.

O.k.  You want info do you?  The beast of seven chutes.  This centers around a very nice, but controversial photo.  I would provide the link, but I don't have it, anyway it's easy to find.  You might also want to do a search for the Cynocephali, I think you might find them interesting as well.

Good Journey.

Kyle Rajasthan.

That which does not kill you, makes you stronger

#203    Dire_Wolf

Dire_Wolf

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 109 posts

• Once I was here now i am there.

Posted 12 May 2007 - 12:57 PM

oz we need to talk send me a email at wadwolf@yahoo.com if your iterrestid sorry for the spelling. mellow.gif

#204    snappydragon

snappydragon

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 390 posts

• ok, I'm listening, tell me more

Posted 14 May 2007 - 04:38 AM

Ive had one xperience about a year ago, wanna hear it?
(as if you have a choice)

i live in southern ohio about 40 miles from cincinatti, and i live on a country road that might be described as well populated. well anyway, i was just heading back to the house from feeding our pet rabbits in our hutch and i happenned to see a dark figure out of the corner of my eye. i turned my head and i say a bipedal, dog-like animal in the feild across the street from us, it just broke cover from a clump of trees in the middle of the feild and was running for the forest tree line, IT WAS FLYING MAN, i dont mean leaving the ground defying gravity, i just mean running realy, realy fast. i say that it had brown, shaggy hair that was clumping and shedding for summer (it was about march) not traditonaly gray like stereotype W-wolves or whatever the hell they are. i wasnt scared, only curious and also because my mind hadnt yet caught up with what i was seeing. i also saw that it sometimes went down on all fours to make a realy big leap of speed, then it would go bipecal again, when on all fours it seemed to run like a gorrila, knuckles down and propelling itself on its front legs, it also kind of ran to the side, not strait forward, like if it was facing you while running, it would kind of be going to your laft or right.

when it got to the woodline and i lost sight of it, i just stood there thinking "what the bloody hell was that? a coyote on acid?" then my brain proccesed this image of a 6-7 ft tall, hunched over gorrilla running, brown-shaggy fured bipedal canine running at about 60 mph and yelled "GET INSIDE! HAVNT YOU EVER SEEN THE HOWLING!? AMERICAN WEREWOLF IN LONDON?! RUN!!!!" so i did, even though it obviously didnt even notice me, my flight/fight instincts were working so i ran inside, double locked the door and told my parents, my mom didnt beleive me but my dad cosidered my experience, hes about as skeptical of strange phenomena as an institutionalized man screaming into a microphone about aliens and how jesus was coming with them.

well, thats my experience

anyway, i think that the wisconson bray road beast and the michigan dogman might be making thier way towards the east coast, who here knows the michigan dogman?
Yes, the Michigan dogman. I would like to hear more on him/them. I have read all i can find. I live in MI.

The future is no place to place your better days. from "cry freedom" by Dave Mathews band.

#205    Dire_Wolf

Dire_Wolf

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 109 posts

• Once I was here now i am there.

Posted 14 May 2007 - 06:47 PM

OK after seeing this I had to become a member and post. when i was younger around seven or eight(I am now 16) I had a great fascination with WereWolves and my uncle told me of this time when him and a friend(he could not recall the friend) were driving around arlington Ohio and a creature had walked in the middle of the road that looked like a big dog whos back reached the hood of the car but was longer and had more mass than any dog they had ever seen he said then it leaped to the side of the road and they drove off quickly. Now I at first called him a liar and said it was BS but i went down to florida 2 yrs ago and stayed with a cousin of mine whos dad is one of my uncles best friends and one night i was talking to him and i said this "did my uncle ever tell you of the time that he and some friends were driving around arlington.." this is where he interrupted me instantly and said a werewolf jumped out in front of the car. now my uncle had not talked to this person for over five years and i had not mentioned anything about this to him before asking him. Also this next story was told to me by my dads girlfriend who grew up around arlington on a farm this happened to her when she was ten and i think she is like 28 or 30 now but the were all eating supper one night and the forgot to feed the chickens that day so they had to run out and do it after supper so her dad told her and her younger brother to go out and feed them so they got out into the shed that the chickens were in and heard scratching and clawing at the side of the shed they both froze in there spot not moving a muscle well her dad then walked to the back porch and turned the light on and he yelled out to them "when i tell you to run i want you to hold onto your brother and run for this door and don't stop until you get to me so they did. she asked him why he told them to run and he would not tell her so one day when she was 16 her father told her that he had seen a shadow of something that reminded him of a bear on the barn by the shed but he said it was tall and slender. so that is my input i think there is a link to the one that my uncle and my dads GF had seen since they were both around the same area

hay i Remeber Reading about your uncle somewhere else but it was you who posted it i'm telling you if he say what he saw then just maybe that won't be the last time your uncle will see another one because we tend to show off sometimes. if by chance you want to know more go to wadwolf@yahoo.com  mellow.gif  

#206    belekor

belekor

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 12:13 PM

i found a link for the beast of seven chutes, looks more like a bigfoot to me though!

http://www.haveyouseenthiscreature.com/

Edited by belekor, 24 May 2007 - 12:15 PM.

Posted Image

#207    goddessofissues

goddessofissues

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 10 posts

• Those who discourage your dreams, likely have abandoned their own.

Posted 31 May 2007 - 09:12 AM

Alot of people on here don't believe in them and just write them off as myth or legend and if anybody believes in them most pof the time they get talked to like they've been smoking something or  like their just flat out stupid. I'm a firm beliver in them because as i've said before there is some definetly strange sh** in this world , And  another thread i mentioned  that i live in the country  and i ' was told that well if you feel like you're being watched or hunted close to nighttime in the forest it's all in your mind because you're not nocturnal, And that's not the case if you feel like your being watched or even hunted it's a good chance that you are, And i've also been talked to like i'm stupid because i believe in them and it does get old i'm not some stupid redneck as i've been through college and  hold a business degree. And i try to do my homework on this subject when i can by looking up the werewolf style killings during the 1500's in england and france but to research this subject extensively would take forever as there are lots of accounts and sightings up to the present day. I've said it before that if there wasn't something to them werewolf accounts would have stopped along time ago, And lycanthropy only makes up for a very small percentage of  sightings as it's a mental disorder,Not only that hpow do you explain witnesses descriptions of the face being human like and the arms and legs being jointed like a persons or having five fineger on each hand with long sharp claws on the ends, Or the arms being defined like a persons that worked out ? You can't.

yes its good to do your homework and yes lots of people cant believe what they dont see. most the time its an issue of fear.
i have a site that i have set up on some research of these beasts..so if you all want to check into it go ahead..

http://www.myspace.com/thebeastwithinusall

Science Flies you to the moon,
Religion flies you into buildings.

#208    goddessofissues

goddessofissues

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 10 posts

• Those who discourage your dreams, likely have abandoned their own.

Posted 31 May 2007 - 09:17 AM

BOW:  This won't carry the same weight since you found this story as opposed to having experienced it yourself.  Here goes anyway...I know the exact area this happened in.  Directly west of the town the poster is from is an area we used to do some Army Reserve maneuvers in.  The area was supposedly hainted and had experienced much cult activity.  It was locally famous for it in the seventies and eighties.  Overall, this part of the country is called the Four State Area and is comprised of Several counties in southwest Missouri, a dozen or so in southeast Kansas, three or four in northeastern Oklahoma and the extreme two northwestern counties of Arkansas.  It has some of the Ozarks in it, but is mainly prairie and oak forest country-kind of foothills before you reach the Ozarks proper around Springfield and Branson.  The largest town is Joplin.  It was a big Ku Klux Klan town during the heyday of that organization.  There are also quite a few tales of cult activities around there.  Northwest Arkansas has always been said to be home to a lot of generational Satanists too.  The area where Kansas, Missouri and Oklahoma meet is called "spooksville" and is home to one of the most famous will o' the wisps around-the Spooklight of Hornet, Missouri.  Surprisingly, this area was a big mining center and there are abandoned mines all around.  Plenty of standard ghost tales, etc.  I guess what I am getting at is this doesn't surprise me.  Oh yeah, that area immediately west of the werewolf spotting where the cult activity was...I think one of the tales there was of a werewolf.  This would have been, depending on how far towards home the poster had gotten-maybe twenty miles west.

I am from northwest missouri and i have heard of this story before..
down in the hills around the deep ozarks i believe....they said that it was killing allot of cattle and
caused some issues with the township.
no one would go and hunt it cause they were all skeptical or just plain scared to death.
i know there was an account of a boy who witnessed the monster.
He hid in the barn until his family came to investigate the noises.
They said he was pale as a ghost and scared to death.
i think it was in the 70 or early 80s that this happened. im not very sure, i have looked for the story but nothing
has come up yet.

Science Flies you to the moon,
Religion flies you into buildings.

#209    Nekk

Nekk

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 07:02 PM

I had to join so i could tell you guys a time I saw what looked like a werewolf in my opinion.It happened when I was around 6 or 7 it was late at night, and my two german shepards were barking madly.So my mom told me to look outside to see what was going on, and I did, I had seen something way out in the back yard in the bushes, at first I thought it was another dog, but as it crept closer I kinda got scared, and I told my parents.My dad grabbed his shotgun and walked outside everyone else followed.I stayed inside for a second, then walked outside, and then I saw it...it was massive, it looked like a giant wolf, and my dad had the gun aimed right at it, at first it was on all four, then it rose up on its hind legs. I couldn't even move one muscle, my mom was telling everyone to go back inside, I was so scared I couldn't move.My brothers and sister all went inside, I just stood there frozen, looking at it, my dad started to slowly back away and my mom was right beside me yelling at me telling me to get inside now..then the thing took flung itself in the air back into the woods, my dad shot at it, but I could tell he missed.Then my dad walked up to me and shook me then said are you ok? i was like umm...yea then he told me to go back to bed. that night was one of the scariest nights of my life, you guys can say what you want, but that night made me a believer.

Edited by Nekk, 31 May 2007 - 07:08 PM.

#210    American Chupacabra

American Chupacabra

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 403 posts

• I'm not here

Posted 02 June 2007 - 11:32 AM

Now I have heard and read to many similar reports and "anecdotal" accounts of "werewolf" like creatures or Lycanthropes (call them what you will) they seemed to have been around forever (just like UFOs?)  this account was told to me first hand by a lady I respect and I refused to think she would make up such a bizarre tale:

Location. Indianapolis, Indiana
Date: summer 2005 Time: 2200
Two sisters were walking back home on Kessler Boulevard eating some ice cream and talking about something when they suddenly glanced to their left on 19th street and were horrified to see a bizarre hairy 8foot tall creature that resembled a dog walking on two feet. It was walking on its hind legs towards the stunned pair. The creature was only 20ft away and had red glowing eyes, and very hairy. A very bizarre detail which they noticed was that it legs appeared to be backwards or turned back. They briefly looked at each other and when they looked back it had disappeared. It had nowhere to go and they couldn’t figure out where it had gone.

HC addendum

I will keep her identity confidential

Sounds to me like a mean prank. I might try it sometime. Get a coustume and walk down the street. The dissappearing part would be hard though.

Check out my blog

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users