Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Best Way To Remove A Ouija Board?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1    kaarman

kaarman

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 March 2005 - 02:45 AM

Hi.  I need some advice, please.  We are renting this house and just moved in a month ago.  It has one of those attics that are only good for storage (fold-down ladder/stairs in the hallway ceiling - can only stand up through the middle where the roof peaks, pink insulation showing randomly where there's not plywood laying down to walk on, etc.)  Besides a few things left up there from the previous owners it was virtually empty until we took some boxes and things up there.  All I know of the history of this house is that it belonged to an elderly couple and they either both passed away or one passed away and other went to a nursing home or something - I'm not sure.  So, we are renting from the new owners.  Anyway, today I went up in the attic to look for something and happened to notice off to the side a flat box that looked kind old and just said OUIJA on it in big letters.  I kind of pushed it with my foot, hoping to find that it was just a box lid or something but when it moved over a little I could see inside the end of it that there is a board inside.  I left it right where it was, went back downstairs and closed up the attic.  I did not touch it beyond nudging it with my foot and do not want to.  When I told my husband about it he was as suprised he had not seen it when he was up there before, which was one of my initial reactions.  I don't know how I could have missed it - except that it was laying on the other side of a horizontal beam which I suppose could have obstructed the words and we just didn't pay attention to it.  My 14 year old son, who can be quite curious at times and has been up there several times, had also never noticed it.  What I want to know is, can we just walk it out of here since we haven't used it?  What about just asking the owner to take it out of here?  My husband thinks we should see if it's an antique or something and put it on ebay or something, but I just want it out of here and I don't want to cause any problems by doing it the wrong way.  Do the stories I've heard about the problems people encounter when trying to get rid of them only apply when the person has used it (or "waken it up")?  Am I worrying for no reason?  Wal-Mart didn't have millions of Ouija boards come back to haunt them when they sold them and people walked out of the stores with them, right?  I'd appreciate any insight - I'd like to get it out of here as soon as possible.  Thanks.

#2    Faeden

Faeden

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

• Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth

Posted 02 March 2005 - 02:55 AM

Hi kaarman

You might want to read the following post, as it has some good advice on it, that might be of some help to you.

Ouija problems

All the best
Faeden

Posted Image

Please visit my forums on the paranormal HERE

#3    primordial

primordial

Psychic Spy

• 1,695 posts

• I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring-- Richard Feynman, physicist, d. 1988

Posted 02 March 2005 - 03:01 AM

Send it to me thumbsup.gif . I will post email of address later if u want. And I am serious. Dont sell it on ebay..just give it away. I will pay C.O.D.

Edited by primordial, 02 March 2005 - 03:05 AM.

Angels on the sideline,
Baffled and confused.
Father blessed them all with reason.
And this is what they choose...
And this is what they choose.

#4    joc

joc

Adminstrator of Cosmic Blues

• 14,465 posts

• They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through
    They choose the path where no-one goes

Posted 02 March 2005 - 03:05 AM

It isn't magic.  If you don't want it, pick it up and throw it in the trash...unless it is really old and then it might be worth a few bucks.   original.gif

Posted Image
once i believed that starlight could guide me home
now i know that light is old and stars are cold

ReverbNation

#5    KevinM

KevinM

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 02 March 2005 - 03:16 AM

If you haven't used it you can probably just toss it.  If youre concerned take it to a church(of your beliefs or catholicism if yours doesn't have a church near by) and leave it there with a note requesting they dispose of it.  They'll take care of the thing and make sure it doesn't leave any unpleasant suprises.

#6    Shakezulah

Shakezulah

The mic rulah, the old schoolah

• 6,555 posts

• I hope you can see this because I'm doing it as hard as I can.

Posted 02 March 2005 - 03:51 AM

since it was up in the attic, that may mean something weird happened with it with the previous owners. if you are really worried about something going wrong, then i suggest getting it out of there and trying to see how much you get for it, or you might want to throw it away. some people would suggest burning it.  if you are afraid of getting it from the attic, then just leave it up there. if weird unexplainable things begin to happen, then have a paranormal expert look at it.

Posted Image

Resident Evil isn't just a game....its a religion!

"It's one thing to express your views, but it's another thing for those views to be different than mine." - Stephen Colbert

#7    DarkEntity99

DarkEntity99

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 153 posts

Posted 02 March 2005 - 05:13 AM

just throw it away or sell it if you don't want it.

Im a Walking Dead Lost Soul

"I sit, and I watch, and I listen. Outside the rain is falling like tears. In the world where the children sit it is warm and bright. I sit in the same room as they do. We are separated by the distance between heartbeats. I am so cold."
-Dark Reflections

#8    kaproleveh

kaproleveh

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 119 posts

• I'm more of a pessimistic doubter, than a complete believer-hater.

Posted 02 March 2005 - 05:32 AM

If the Ouiji was made by Hasbro, then you'd better just move away, and call a priest. grin2.gif

"This is a nice Dojo, I'll probably join."

#9    kaarman

kaarman

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 March 2005 - 05:49 AM

Thanks for all the responses so quickly!  I'm confused on the Hasbro thing - is there something about them I don't know?  Either way, unless Hasbro has been making them for years and years I doubt it's a Hasbro anyway.  I've seen the modern boxes in the store and this box is much much older than that.  I'm curious but I don't want to go back up by myself.  My husband thinks it's all silly (both the idea that they work and the way I'm concerned about how to go about getting it out of here) so when he gets home I'll have him go up - I just know I want nothing to do with it, especially at midnight when he's not home from work yet!  no.gif

#10    kaarman

kaarman

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 March 2005 - 05:57 AM

QUOTE(primordial @ Mar 1 2005, 10:01 PM)
Send it to me thumbsup.gif . I will post email of address later if u want. And I am serious. Dont sell it on ebay..just give it away. I will pay C.O.D.

View Post

That's fine with me - I'm in Missouri so sending it Canada works for me.  Let me talk to my husband before I commit 100% (because he's going to have to go up and get it and handle it since he thinks it's all silly anyway) but I like that option better than any others so far.

#11    Elfstone810

Elfstone810

Psychic Spy

• 2,056 posts

• "Today there is no day or night.
    Today there is no wrong or right.
    Today there is no black or white --
    only shades of grey."

Posted 02 March 2005 - 06:39 AM

Hey, neighbor!  What part of MO are you in?  I'm in rural Henry County meself. original.gif

The kitty made me do it!

Visit My Website
My Blog

#12    cptblackbeard

cptblackbeard

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted 02 March 2005 - 05:09 PM

since it was up in the attic, that may mean something weird happened with it with the previous owners.

This is a very good point and a clear indicator of some kind of demonic possesion. I put all my weird stuff in the attic.

If you want to dispose of it safely follow these instructions to the letter.

1) Pick it up

2) Put it in a trash can

If you deviate from the process at all it might turn into a psiball and you WILL probably evaporate so be careful.

#13    aquatus1

aquatus1

Forum Divinity

• 21,226 posts

Posted 02 March 2005 - 05:32 PM

If it says OUIJA, then chances are pretty good it came from a gaming company, most likely Hasbro.  That name isn't used too widely anywhere else (the word "Ouija" is copyrighted by them).  Toss it.  It is about as dangerous as a Monopoly game.

#14    Elfstone810

Elfstone810

Psychic Spy

• 2,056 posts

• "Today there is no day or night.
    Today there is no wrong or right.
    Today there is no black or white --
    only shades of grey."

Posted 02 March 2005 - 10:25 PM

Yeah, Aquatus, but if the design on the box is very different from modern boards, it might be old enough to be worth some money to a collector.  It'd be a shame for them to toss it if they could sell it on ebay.

Of course, it would probably have to be REALLY old.  There might be a date somewhere on the box or the board.

The kitty made me do it!

Visit My Website
My Blog

#15    aquatus1

aquatus1

Forum Divinity

• 21,226 posts

Posted 02 March 2005 - 10:45 PM

That is entirely possible.  If it says Hasbro anywhere, just toss it; they haven't been making them long enough for them to be collectible.  If, on the other hand, you have yourself an original Elijah Bond, that might well be worth a couple of bucks to the right person.  Check if the name Kennard Novelty Company appears anywhere.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users