Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

North Korea calls for US apology

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#1    Talon

Talon

UM Chess Tournament Champion 2005

• 15,003 posts

• Life, Death, Anime inbetween

Posted 02 March 2005 - 09:41 PM

North Korea calls for US apology
North Korea says the US must apologise for calling it an "outpost of tyranny" before it will consider a return to talks on its nuclear ambitions.
Pyongyang's foreign ministry said it would resume talks "any time" if the US took a "trustworthy sincere attitude", the official KCNA news agency reported.

It called on the US to "renounce its hostile policy aimed at regime change".

North Korea abruptly withdrew from the six-nation talks last month, claiming it possessed nuclear weapons.

Since late 2002, three rounds of negotiations involving the US, Russia, the two Koreas, Japan and China have sought to ease nuclear tensions on the Korean peninsula, with little success.

While the US has demanded North Korea dismantles its nuclear weapons as part of any peace deal, Pyongyang has said it needs its arsenal to defend itself against a possible US attack.

'Axis of evil'

A memorandum from the North Korean foreign ministry, quoted by KCNA, singled out remarks made by US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice at her Senate confirmation hearing in January.

Ms Rice identified North Korea as one of six "outposts of tyranny" where the US must help bring freedom.

The comments were reminiscent of President George W Bush's "axis of evil" speech in 2002, in which he identified Iraq, Iran and North Korea as threats to US security.

The foreign ministry objected to both descriptions, saying: "The US should apologise for his above-said remarks and withdraw them, renounce its hostile policy aimed at a regime change in the DPRK [North Korea] and clarify its political willingness to co-exist with the DPRK in peace and show it in practice."

Last week, the agency quoted leader Kim Jong-il as saying North Korea would negotiate any time "if there are mature conditions".

However, he did not spell out what these conditions might be.

Story from BBC NEWS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/1/hi/worl...fic/4312223.stm

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." -Plato

#2    joc

joc

Adminstrator of Cosmic Blues

• 12,654 posts

• They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through
    They choose the path where no-one goes

Posted 02 March 2005 - 11:42 PM

Please allow me to apologize on behalf of the United States of America:

user posted image

Posted Image
once i believed that starlight could guide me home
now i know that light is old and stars are cold

ReverbNation

#3    Talon

Talon

• 15,003 posts

Posted 03 March 2005 - 12:00 AM

I think Korea has a point, if your attempting to talk a nation into dismantling its nuclear arsenal, calling them 'evil', 'outpost of tyranny', and generally threatening them isn't the best start in such discussions.

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." -Plato

#4    Bex

Bex

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

• Texas Wildflower

Posted 03 March 2005 - 12:01 AM

Joc's expression of Hatred and inconsideration of our Planet does not reflect the Nation as a whole.
thumbdown.gif

Edited by pisces1963, 03 March 2005 - 12:01 AM.

#5    The Skeptic Eric Raven

The Skeptic Eric Raven

Master Blaster

• 11,063 posts

• One day love will find me.....

Posted 03 March 2005 - 12:21 AM

Northe Korea is a terrible place. Half of their citizens are starving, as well as being repressed. No freedom there.

Edited by ericraven2003, 03 March 2005 - 12:32 AM.

........the sleeper has awoken!
Sometimes we need a kick in the butt to wake us up. Well, I'm up now!Boo ya.

...there are many things in life that will capture your eye, but very few will capture your heart. These are the ones to pursue. These are the ones worth keeping..."

#6    Novo

Novo

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,047 posts

• Illicit Citizen Of Utopia

Posted 03 March 2005 - 12:31 AM

They also have one of the, if not the largest standing army in the world. I think its like 2/100 civilian isnt enlisted in there form of the national guard.

The stupider people think you are, the more suprised they are when you kill them.
- Unknown

History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people.
-Martin Luthur king Jr, activist

Never forget that everything Hitler did in Germany was legal.
- Martin luthur King Jr., activist

#7    recon_soldier

recon_soldier

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts

Posted 03 March 2005 - 12:34 AM

This wont be happening tongue.gif

Good luck to N.Korea on behalf of expecting a apology,  Yes it is very sad to see even in the age of technology a large proporion of our fellow humans are starving.

Edited by recon_soldier, 03 March 2005 - 12:34 AM.

#8    Zeus

Zeus

Psychic Spy

• 1,081 posts

• The mind is Now.

Posted 03 March 2005 - 12:50 AM

Hooray for Korea. United again. Oh sorry what time is it.

#9    joc

joc

• 12,654 posts

Posted 03 March 2005 - 01:08 AM

Joc's expression of Hatred and inconsideration of our Planet does not reflect the Nation as a whole.

It's a joke.  IT'S A JOKE. w00t.gif

Come on now, can't you see any humor in that? tongue.gif

Posted Image

ReverbNation

#10    Talon

Talon

• 15,003 posts

Posted 03 March 2005 - 01:15 AM

How bad a place N.Korea is isn't an issue, its how to get them to listen to us that is.

#11    joc

joc

• 12,654 posts

Posted 03 March 2005 - 01:18 AM

You are making the assumption that they are willing to listen.  They have already showed their intentions to the contrary by walking out the last time we sat down with them.

Posted Image

ReverbNation

#12    recon_soldier

recon_soldier

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts

Posted 03 March 2005 - 01:23 AM

'tell him he's dreaming'

#13    Zeus

Zeus

Psychic Spy

• 1,081 posts

• The mind is Now.

Posted 03 March 2005 - 01:26 AM

QUOTE(joc @ Mar 2 2005, 11:42 PM)

Please allow me to apologize on behalf of the United States of America:

user posted image

View Post

alien.gif Yeah. Right...you should be there...or perhaps you could.  

.But oh whatever you can do we can do also said the North Koreans and how long before many others join them for your war to come back home to rain fire over your mother's lawn and ruin her roses. Your lover. Is she. Think about the receiving end and realise your own govt have no need for you to be alive so they failed to feed you poisonous mail but hey they can get you through N Korea. As the Koreans have loads of bombs with the Chinese and America may allow a little target practice on your homes. You don't have a family do you. Many Iraqis did. You still do but hey....I love war. Don't you. No need for humans here...oops...sorry. I do not think war will come because you guys will lobby the President and delay the inevitable changes due. of course if you had the correct propaganda you would know the fire power the Koreans have together is way to big to miss America. And should a war be forced for mutual benefit I suppose the other asian neighbours will size in number to topple the U.S and after US attack still have power to fight. I see the victor lies in the quality of the front showed by North Korea. It is either an act or pure wisdom on their strength and has no need to be bluff..Let your politicians wound your senses with lies of U.S. superiority. It is the banks that support her and the banks lead back to Europe. No America are playing a team game here but with who and for why?

But still kids today i don't know what gone into the young ones. you just can't control em. Give em a school tie and the white house and they think their gods. I blame it on the parents. Truly I do. Blaaahaahhhhahhhhhhhhh Bigga badda boom ....ahhhhh I'll be back .......ahhhhh tough guy....ahhhhhhhhhhhh Blahhhhh my gun's bigger than your gun.....all this mutual warriorship is for an end beyond being a staged NWO setup thingy and while we laugh at being fooled and sold out by the people we trust to lead us we can still find time to laugh at it all.....so funny...belive me they are all in it together. Don't belive the hype. If america wanted no nukes they would have done it easily. It is very contrived ...like your elections and your govt policies. making dumb sheep out of humans and taking the piss with it as well. some audacity...Deserve it then. You choose...but still I love war don't you...War games...so cool... alien.gif Hooray for N Korea for their desire to be indipendaent with freedom of choice via democracy to be as they are and aspire to what they want which reminds me of what used to backbone America with it's freedom of spirit. Now the gestapo have to settle the far east ahead of the refomation times begin. Go to sleep America. just stay asleep.

#14    Talon

Talon

• 15,003 posts

Posted 03 March 2005 - 01:27 AM

You are making the assumption that they are willing to listen. They have already showed their intentions to the contrary by walking out the last time we sat down with them.

No I'm not making the assumption they would have been willing, just the observation that any chance they might have certainly would decrease if you start threatening them. All Bush has done is probably make them think the US has intentions to attack Korea, why on would they thus give up the one threat to the US they have?

And pisces1963 has a valid point, just because you don't like someone's government doesn't mean nuking them is the anwser. I mean, what kind of message of freedom is that: "Your government is a evil fascist dictatorship which is killing your people, but never fear, for we shall wipe you from the face of the Earth to free you from these oppressors",.. I mean, seriously Joc, what is that?

Edited by Talon S., 03 March 2005 - 01:29 AM.

#15    Zeus

Zeus

Psychic Spy

• 1,081 posts

• The mind is Now.

Posted 03 March 2005 - 01:31 AM

QUOTE(ericraven2003 @ Mar 3 2005, 12:21 AM)
Northe Korea is a terrible place. Half of their citizens are starving, as well as being repressed. No freedom there.

View Post

Really. Sounds like america...Really. But how is their infrastructure...Do they get the latest Sanyo toshiba mini sound system phoe withextendable microwaveable oven before America. Global news programs will diffuse the heavy racist propaganda the US govt are pumping into your mind.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users