Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

The Bermuda Triangle?


  • Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#16    Stricken

Stricken

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Joined:15 May 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Aus

Posted 23 May 2008 - 05:25 AM

Quote

It has been found that there are gasses being expelled from the ocean floor (from a fault line or something like that) that change the density of the water above. This causes ships (wooden or not) to sink because they lose buoyancy.

The electromagnetivity 'weirdness' tends to play havoc with planes (and maybe ships also) - they lose bearing, and wonder aimlessly until fuel runs out or hit the ocean due to altitude readings wrong.

That's how I see it. But there could be other explanations.


"The only difference between religion and superstition is the spelling."


But the fact that some geniuses were laughed at does not imply that all who are laughed at are geniuses. They laughed at Columbus, they laughed at Fulton, they laughed at the Wright brothers. But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown. - Carl Sagan.

#17    jonny b

jonny b

    Remote Viewer

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts
  • Joined:09 Mar 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:seattle,washington

Posted 23 May 2008 - 07:10 AM

There is also the dragons triangle off the coast of Japan.

Among the phenomena reported in the Devil's Sea are the loss of ships and planes (more than the Bermuda Triangle), numerous ghost ships, unidentified craft and USO's, missing time, and is even said to explain the disappearance of Amelia Earhart.

Posted Image

#18    Blueguardian

Blueguardian

    Poltergeist

  • Member
  • 2,248 posts
  • Joined:01 Jan 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Australia

Posted 24 May 2008 - 07:17 AM

What is there to believe? The fact is that soemthing is making people dissapear over it, what that is, is up to someone to figure out without going missing themselves.

Posted Image

(((Just My $00.2 cents)))

#19    LadyHay

LadyHay

    Poltergeist

  • Member
  • 2,232 posts
  • Joined:16 May 2006
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:BC

Posted 24 May 2008 - 07:49 AM

I lived in Bermuda for 5 years and the speed of which hurricanes would strike was awesome.  I imagine that without the instruments used to detect such weather, sailors and pilots would be caught unawares in them.  This could account for some of the disappearances.  I would hesitate to say all.


#20    Nucular

Nucular

    Remote Viewer

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 624 posts
  • Joined:20 Jan 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Blighty

Posted 24 May 2008 - 09:21 AM

If the claim is that there is an usually high incidence of unexplained disappearances of aircraft and seacraft in that particular area, rather than a list of exaggerated events and crackpot theories, I'd have thought it traditional to at least supply some evidence that there is an unusually high rate of such incidents, taking into account volume of traffic and known weather conditions.

Do any insurers charge a premium for the area?  Does the US Coastguard issue a warning?  Are there any available statistics to support the case?

Or is this simply a case of the mythology of an area, bolstered by some overblown and highly suspect accounts written in the '70s, causing everyone to ascribe supernatural or otherwise bizarre causes to every reported incident in the area?


#21    jonny b

jonny b

    Remote Viewer

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts
  • Joined:09 Mar 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:seattle,washington

Posted 24 May 2008 - 08:17 PM

I do not think there is a higher percentage of any type of craft that disappears in that part of the world as compared to others.I know that the military will and has said the area can be dangerous though.

The dragons triangle off of japan has had the same thing going on for years and japan sent a vessel containing like a hundred scientists to find out what was going on.They dissapeared and japan labelled the area as hazardous and a danger zone.

There is also a list that I think you can get from the coast gaurd or somewhere, that catalogs all the vessels that have dissapeared in the bermuda triangle.

Posted Image

#22    Mattshark

Mattshark

    stuff

  • Member
  • 16,985 posts
  • Joined:29 Dec 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Liverpool, UK

  • Sea Shepherd, making conservation harder.

    If you care about wildlife, do not support these pirates.......

Posted 24 May 2008 - 08:28 PM

jonny b on May 23 2008, 08:10 AM, said:

There is also the dragons triangle off the coast of Japan.

Among the phenomena reported in the Devil's Sea are the loss of ships and planes (more than the Bermuda Triangle), numerous ghost ships, unidentified craft and USO's, missing time, and is even said to explain the disappearance of Amelia Earhart.

And neither place has anything remotely unusual in terms of disappearances. It is complete rubbish and is shown to be so with just 5 minutes of research.

Algae : Protists not Plants!

YNWA

#23    Zaus

Zaus

    Psychic Spy

  • Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts
  • Joined:08 Nov 2004

Posted 24 May 2008 - 09:12 PM

In the USA, there is a magical place, call it ley lines, call it the bermuda triangle, whatever. The very last island of the florida keys you will find a place like no other.

known to the inhabitants as "never never land" it is the strangest place i have ever seen. There is no other place in america like it, and many experiences i have had there can only be explained by belief in truly weird coincidences.

Quit your job and move to key west?


#24    Mattshark

Mattshark

    stuff

  • Member
  • 16,985 posts
  • Joined:29 Dec 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Liverpool, UK

  • Sea Shepherd, making conservation harder.

    If you care about wildlife, do not support these pirates.......

Posted 25 May 2008 - 03:39 AM

Zaus on May 24 2008, 10:12 PM, said:

In the USA, there is a magical place, call it ley lines, call it the bermuda triangle, whatever. The very last island of the florida keys you will find a place like no other.

known to the inhabitants as "never never land" it is the strangest place i have ever seen. There is no other place in america like it, and many experiences i have had there can only be explained by belief in truly weird coincidences.

Quit your job and move to key west?

Too many tourists on Key West.

Edited by Mattshark, 25 May 2008 - 03:40 AM.

Algae : Protists not Plants!

YNWA

#25    Radian

Radian

    Καρδιά ενός &a

  • Member
  • 8,002 posts
  • Joined:13 Jul 2006
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Καρδιά ενός δράκου

  • Καρδιά ενός δράκου

Posted 25 May 2008 - 10:15 PM

I think its a vortex of some sort.  Something is strange there. imo

Posted Image <-- my attack bee

#26    Marcus Aurelius

Marcus Aurelius

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,677 posts
  • Joined:07 Dec 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:columbus ohio

Posted 27 May 2008 - 09:40 PM

Are there UFO sightings around it? I'm just curious.....

If so, then it is probably a dimensional portal that extraterrestrials use to go back and forth between planes. If you've ever seen the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cartoon, the alien Krang was able to travel back and forth between earth and dimension x at will in the TechnoDrome using a portal similar to the Bermuda Triangle. But that's not all. In Generation One of the Transformers, they also had a Space Bridge that allowed Autobots and Decepticons alike to go from earth to Cybertron and vice versa. Could the Bermua Triangle be in fact, a spacebridge?

LOL I'm just kidding everybody, I couldn't resist. Sorry. While its true that strange things have occurred around it; most likely there is a natural explanation for it, or something a little more paranormal like ley lines as another poster suggested.

Posted Image

The Urban Contemplative

http://www.unexplain...log&blogid=2565

#27    The Wise Raven

The Wise Raven

    Remote Viewer

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • Joined:27 May 2008
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:The Fantasy World We Call Reality

  • "Do not meddle in the affairs of nerds, for we are creatively violent and get away with everything."

Posted 29 May 2008 - 09:32 AM

maybe its a time vortex superior beings/future humans use to cross time....or maybe an alternate dimension gateway.
LOL.


Nice for a fantasy novel idea though.


*hmm... thinks*

Edited by Energia, 29 May 2008 - 09:33 AM.

Posted Image

#28    Mattshark

Mattshark

    stuff

  • Member
  • 16,985 posts
  • Joined:29 Dec 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Liverpool, UK

  • Sea Shepherd, making conservation harder.

    If you care about wildlife, do not support these pirates.......

Posted 29 May 2008 - 10:54 AM

Shankpin on May 25 2008, 11:15 PM, said:

I think its a vortex of some sort.  Something is strange there. imo

It is an absolute fact that there is in fact nothing unusual at all.

Algae : Protists not Plants!

YNWA

#29    Mattshark

Mattshark

    stuff

  • Member
  • 16,985 posts
  • Joined:29 Dec 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Liverpool, UK

  • Sea Shepherd, making conservation harder.

    If you care about wildlife, do not support these pirates.......

Posted 29 May 2008 - 10:57 AM

brahman1888 on May 27 2008, 10:40 PM, said:

Are there UFO sightings around it? I'm just curious.....

If so, then it is probably a dimensional portal that extraterrestrials use to go back and forth between planes. If you've ever seen the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cartoon, the alien Krang was able to travel back and forth between earth and dimension x at will in the TechnoDrome using a portal similar to the Bermuda Triangle. But that's not all. In Generation One of the Transformers, they also had a Space Bridge that allowed Autobots and Decepticons alike to go from earth to Cybertron and vice versa. Could the Bermua Triangle be in fact, a spacebridge?

LOL I'm just kidding everybody, I couldn't resist. Sorry. While its true that strange things have occurred around it; most likely there is a natural explanation for it, or something a little more paranormal like ley lines as another poster suggested.

Actually nothing particularly untoward has happened there. That is a misnomer.

Algae : Protists not Plants!

YNWA

#30    Infinite Thought

Infinite Thought

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Joined:30 May 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Mooloolah.

Posted 30 May 2008 - 03:16 PM

Its a Glitch in the space time continuem.

Chuck norris wasnt before time, Chuck norris IS time.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users