Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Matrix Reloaded ( Possible Spoilers )

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1    Ronin6th

Ronin6th

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,499 posts

Posted 15 May 2003 - 03:53 PM

cool.gif Matrix Reloaded tomorrow...maybe tonight for those who'll attend the Preview... cool.gif

Can't wait for it! ph34r.gif                                                  

Attached Images

• Matrix_Reloaded_180x_61516a.jpg

If you cannot be the First, be the One.

*Signature removed, exceeds permitted size guidelines - Click Here for details.

#2    neen

neen

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 785 posts

Posted 16 May 2003 - 02:27 AM

Looking forward to seeing this aswell Ronin. cool.gif                                                  

Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens...-Jimi Hendrix

Posted Image

#3    Bizarro

Bizarro

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 16 May 2003 - 03:29 AM

oh yeah.  i actually drove by a theater and looked at the poster.  i wouldve gone tonight but my wife isn't feeling well so we will go this weekend smile.gif                                                  

if there was a meteor,
adrift amongst space,
set about on a collision course
not with Earth, but my face...
i wonder if id even know,
at what time i might,
be passed off like an old style
and by the meteor be smite?

- me, 1997

#4    Ronin6th

Ronin6th

Psychic Spy

• 1,499 posts

Posted 16 May 2003 - 08:38 AM

Oh...DS...I thought that you usually doesn't like Sci-Fi movies a lot...that's my case after all, I don't like all of them...but Matrix is so "special" smile.gif

Yeah...I really don't know what I am expecting from this sequel, and try not to think a lot about it, to  avoid any deception!

Well, I can suggest anyone to watch the "Animatrix" videos (I think one of us has already left the link), the latest one is a little gore but it remains very related to the Matrix spirit...especially "program" that is very cool!                                                  

#5    Tommy

Tommy

Psychic Spy

• 1,846 posts

Posted 16 May 2003 - 01:43 PM

Thought it didn't come out in Europe until the 23rd, with previews on the 21st.  I guess thats just in England then. dry.gif

Ronin I've seen 5 out of the 9 episodes so far.  All of them are enjoyable, but  I think I prefer Detective Story, because there's so much symbolism in it.  Second Rennaissance is very good too.  cool.gif                                                  

"Superstition created all the gods and angels, all the devils and ghosts, all the witches, demons and goblins, gave us all the augurs, soothsayers and prophets, filled the heavens with signs and wonders, broke the chain of cause and effect, and wrote the history of man in miracles and lies" ~ Robert Green Ingersoll

#6    Bizarro

Bizarro

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 16 May 2003 - 05:21 PM

i love sci-fi, Ronin.  i hate horror movies though.  

maybe you just think because i don't like X-men i don't like sci-fi? smile.gif

some of my favorite movies are sci-fi.  Dune, Star Wars/Star Trek, Fifth Element, Terminator, Total Recall, etc.                                                    

if there was a meteor,
adrift amongst space,
set about on a collision course
not with Earth, but my face...
i wonder if id even know,
at what time i might,
be passed off like an old style
and by the meteor be smite?

- me, 1997

#7    Vox

Vox

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 445 posts

• Meanwhile, somewhere in reality...

Posted 16 May 2003 - 07:16 PM

The Final Flight of the Osiris rocked!!!!! Is there anyplace I can get the videos from the net Ronin?                                                  

Prefiero morir de pie que vivir siempre arrodillado- Che Guevara

#8    Ronin6th

Ronin6th

Psychic Spy

• 1,499 posts

Posted 16 May 2003 - 07:21 PM

Where did you see it Vox? ohmy.gif

Heu...I tried to check on Kazaa, but only previews...                                                  

#9    Ronin6th

Ronin6th

Psychic Spy

• 1,499 posts

Posted 19 May 2003 - 05:26 AM

Saw it yesterday...

The only thing I want to say is : Matrix lost its soul... sad.gif                                                  

#10    *m3ntaL*PaTienT*

*m3ntaL*PaTienT*

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 20 May 2003 - 02:06 AM

wow this movie was disappointing....the whole rave scene and morpheus talkin to the people was just out of place....and this place they call home that everyine seems to love looks like an alley for the matrix or something....and all of the fighting scenes just seemed the same...they also looked a lot like the fighting scene in blade 2 in front of those lights....however i must say the twins were the best...the dont need guns to kill they got their 2 straight edge razors that was c0ol....this movie just seemed bad... but i will probably go and see the 3rd one lol

DS i am a big horror fan i love the whole horror thing like the freddys jasons micheal meyers and WISHMASTERS

i know that jason vs freddy looks increadibly corny but hey i have to g0o and see it i mean i have seen all of their other movies lol                                                  

LuckY IrishmEn......thats me

only those possed with luck so deep
are the ones whom 13 they can keep
engraved on my heart for it was the day i was born
and forever it will stay w/ me until my soul is worn

#11    Ronin6th

Ronin6th

Psychic Spy

• 1,499 posts

Posted 20 May 2003 - 09:13 AM

I totally agree MP!

I think the fighting scenes were too long and lost their style, only the one with the Oracle's bodyguard was close to Matrix1's spirit, when Neo and Morpheus had a training fight in a dojo. The story takes a turn that I don't like, and I was fed up with Agent Smith...Surprise to see me...I'm here again...always here...blablabla...

And yeah...the rave scene had nothing to do there...

I'm so dissappointed... sad.gif                                                  

#12    SpaceyKC

SpaceyKC

Government Agent

• 3,349 posts

• Thank you TO

Posted 20 May 2003 - 12:11 PM

Well,  IMO,  it was great!   smile.gif  
         (if it keeps my attention, it's a good movie)  biggrin.gif
       There was a nice surprise after the credits too)  wink.gif                                                  

"Science may have found a cure for most evils;  but it has
         found no remedy for the worst of them all --- the apathy of human beings."
                                                     Helen Keller

#13    Loonboy

Loonboy

Poltergeist

• 2,852 posts

Posted 04 June 2003 - 12:42 PM

I got to see it on Monday afternoon (darn it KC, I forgot to stay until after the credits... pish)...

I think that the special effects were exceptional and the fight scenes well-constructed, if overlong (especially the Agent Smith/Neo fight).

The car chase was pretty special, especially when Trinity turns around and goes into the traffic.

Downside: the story seemed completely lost - where was the original mystification over what was going on? Where were the 'on foot' chases that made it pretty special (Trinity over the rooftops/Neo through the apartments)? And I got fed up with Zion pretty quickly.

Not too impressed.  sad.gif

Do what you want and be what you feel. Because after all, those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't 'mind.

Work hard, keep the ceremonies, live peacably, and unite your hearts. Hopi

Listen to the voice of nature, for it holds treasures for you. Huron

The soul would have no rainbow if the eyes had no tears. Minquass

#14    Ronin6th

Ronin6th

Psychic Spy

• 1,499 posts

Posted 04 June 2003 - 12:46 PM

Ah yes Loonboy...I see we had roughly the same impresssions! smile.gif                                                  

#15    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 20,725 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 04 June 2003 - 01:23 PM

I went to see it last week, and thought it was excellent - not quite as good as the original, but it was still well worth going to see.

The special effects and action sequences were truely spectacular, they've honed the fight scenes to near perfection.

All in all, a worthy sequel - looking forward to seeing Matrix Revolutions when it comes out later this year.                                                      

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users