Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Matrix Reloaded ( Possible Spoilers )

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#16    Tommy

Tommy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,846 posts

Posted 05 June 2003 - 01:39 PM

I think the story is excellent.

*possible spoilers*

Also makes you think even more when you watch the first movie again.  Interesting to see in the 1st movie when panning into the interrogation room it is the Architectís room with all the TVís that you are moving into.

I thought the movie was very good up until the scenes became very segmented towards the end; eg the power plant bit, which I think the movie doesnít go into enough, but which is much more thorough in the game. (which is a rubbish game BTW)

Interesting to hear people's theories on the ending, which coiuld imply that Zion is a Matrix within a Matrix, which would be an interesting, yet somewhat anti-climatic twist for the trilogy.

[If you have the time and effort,  this rather lengthy exegesis raises some interesting points about the movie. LINK]

cool.gif                                                      

"Superstition created all the gods and angels, all the devils and ghosts, all the witches, demons and goblins, gave us all the augurs, soothsayers and prophets, filled the heavens with signs and wonders, broke the chain of cause and effect, and wrote the history of man in miracles and lies" ~ Robert Green Ingersoll

#17    Tillghast

Tillghast

Forum Divinity

• 2,327 posts

• I'm rather unnatural

Posted 06 June 2003 - 03:26 AM

I loved those twin britsh dreadlocks dudes, they were sweet! cool.gif                                                      

Posted Image

#18    Telekinetic~Pyromaniac

Telekinetic~Pyromaniac

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 June 2003 - 12:56 PM

I really loved the Matrix Reloaded, the thing is, just two days before I saw Reloaded, I saw the first one for the first time. I can't wait for the third one to come out. More great leather action. original.gif                                                      

I am a person who has a compulsion to set fires; a Pyromaniac.

Posted Image
And the Angels cried out in vain

#19    Starlyte

Starlyte

Psychic Spy

• 1,657 posts

• Wisdom begins in wonder.
    --Socrates

Posted 10 June 2003 - 08:57 PM

I loved those twin britsh dreadlocks dudes, they were sweet!

They were my favorite also, King Pillow.  I must say though that Tommy has a point about it being so choppy in the end.  I wasn't expecting it to end quite as abruptly as it did.  I look forward to the 3rd one to see how it ends.  Of course, people could say the same about the Lord of the Rings trilogy, but at least with those movies if you've read the books you know how it ends.  Not so with this movie....ahh the anticipation!                                                      

The Earth has music for those who listen." - Shakespeare

Posted Image

#20    Bizarro

Bizarro

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 16 June 2003 - 12:29 AM

i loved it.  so complex and interesting.  i can't wait til i can get my hands on a DVD so i can watch it over and over again.

i read the link Tommy gave.  it sort of opens a lot of things up, but i am not buying into the explanations given.  

Neo is really the devil.  the Architect is God.  Neo represents choice, which in essence is evil because in most incarnations of Heaven we are only to serve God.  the two doors represent God giving the devil his chance to come back to Heaven and be a good angel or go back to Hell and suffer again.  Neo chooses selfish love and flies out of the fire back to her, retrieves her, and returns her to Hell again. both Trinity and Neo are dead and living in the afterlife.  they have powers there now (like Neo stopping the sentinels).  watch for Smith and Neo to unite in the next one and both have powers that compliment each other.  they will assault God and Heaven.  who will win?  who knows original.gif

also, the twin dreadlocked dudes were the coolest thing ive seen in a movie in a long time.  they are classic.  im 29 years old but i felt like a little boy leaving that theater.  i wanted to be able to shift through things and be badass like they are.  great film.                                                        

if there was a meteor,
adrift amongst space,
set about on a collision course
not with Earth, but my face...
i wonder if id even know,
at what time i might,
be passed off like an old style
and by the meteor be smite?

- me, 1997

#21    FreyKade

FreyKade

Psychic Spy

• 1,416 posts

Posted 16 June 2003 - 10:57 AM

oooo DS that sounds cool                                                      

"isn't that intresting Dave, i mean every step you take down that chain, takes you one step further from your imagination"

i said
"you're right! youre a bit of a hippy, but you're right"
- Dave Gorman

"Wanna buy some pegs Dave?"
"I got some pegs belonging to you"
- Papa Lazarou

#22    djdodo

djdodo

Poltergeist

• 2,747 posts

Posted 16 June 2003 - 01:27 PM

I want to see it to  grin2.gif                                                      

<span style='color:pink'>Luv is unpredictable. luv's Blind!
Luv is like a Diamond, when it brakes it turns in to dust.
Dont buy luv with money, it never works</span>

#23    Kimm

Kimm

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 16 June 2003 - 02:31 PM

he he, I went to see it whith Jera. She was glued to the chair.
It was the best movie I had ever seen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   w00t.gif  w00t.gif  w00t.gif  w00t.gif  w00t.gif  w00t.gif  w00t.gif                                                      

Knowledge is power

#24    Kira

Kira

Government Agent

• 4,183 posts

• Sexiest,
    Prettiest,
    Bloodthirstiest,
    Elf Member of the
    Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps.

Thanks TO xx

Posted 06 August 2003 - 10:40 PM

w00t.gif  w00t.gif  w00t.gif  thumbsup.gif I have just managed to see this... and oh wow what a whole can of worms have been opened up....
can't wait for Revolutions....

We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.

#25    Inspekta_X

Inspekta_X

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 07 August 2003 - 03:19 AM

QUOTE (Tommy @ Jun 5 2003, 01:39 PM)

Interesting to hear people's theories on the ending, which coiuld imply that Zion is a Matrix within a Matrix, which would be an interesting, yet somewhat anti-climatic twist for the trilogy.

Tommy,

At the end where Neo uses his so called powers to stop the sentinals, He actually does nothing of the sort, he belives he is the One and as the power, but umm they are not plugged into the matrix its the real world... The blast that destroys the sentianals and trows Neo back is a EMP pulse shot from the Hovercraft that apears moments after Neo falls, it just isnt mentioned that they saved them, Just to keep people hanging on beliving whatever they want untill the next and final installment, Neo dident do it... The ship did, ive had many arguments with freinds over this but they all figured it out now original.gif

Inspekta_X - The X Stands For Xpercondiferentialcondiral

#26    Tommy

Tommy

Psychic Spy

• 1,846 posts

Posted 11 August 2003 - 06:15 PM

Interesting theory Inspekta, I'll have to watch it again to see what happens there.  If the ship doesn't come till after Neo falls, then why do you think it was the ship that sent out the EMP pulse? If that is the case, it was quite misleading.  

Can't wait till the next installment.   thumbsup.gif  

"Superstition created all the gods and angels, all the devils and ghosts, all the witches, demons and goblins, gave us all the augurs, soothsayers and prophets, filled the heavens with signs and wonders, broke the chain of cause and effect, and wrote the history of man in miracles and lies" ~ Robert Green Ingersoll

#27    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 19,917 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 11 August 2003 - 06:43 PM

The blast that destroys the sentianals and trows Neo back is a EMP pulse shot from the Hovercraft that apears moments after Neo falls

That's an interesting theory, but why was Neo not affected by the EMP pulse in the first film, when the Sentinels were inside the ship ?  

#28    Kira

Kira

Government Agent

• 4,183 posts

• Sexiest,
    Prettiest,
    Bloodthirstiest,
    Elf Member of the
    Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps.

Thanks TO xx

Posted 17 August 2003 - 07:33 AM

wink2.gif Hmmmmm i've watched that peice a fwe times now... and i believe that Neo actually destroyed the sentinals, using his own electrical system.. his body which is why he passed out.....

Think about it... he 'sacrficed' Zion to save Trinity, but did he? Was all the Archietect say true or was it another misdirection? And he did admit that Neo was slightly more 'advanced' the the others who had been 'The One'.
So in this respect maybe Neo can be capable of doing more than his predessors??
Just a theory devil.gif  

We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.

#29    colorless

colorless

Psychic Spy

• 1,480 posts

Posted 18 August 2003 - 05:13 PM

Didn't the guys with the dreadlocks survive? When they're blown into the air, you see them in them change into their spirit form and fly away really quickly.

#30    Ronin6th

Ronin6th

Psychic Spy

• 1,499 posts

Posted 22 August 2003 - 08:54 AM

Neo controlling the sentinels...and what if Zion and the "supposed" real world was another Matrix, made to contain rebel minds... huh.gif

By the way, Lambert Wilson made me really laugh...I don't know if what he says in French is translated in the English version...cause it has a very  "Explicit Content"!

If you cannot be the First, be the One.

*Signature removed, exceeds permitted size guidelines - Click Here for details.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users