Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Ghost Diary

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#1    Mystify

Mystify

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 25 October 2001 - 12:34 AM

Now here's another good one. I've been reading off this site about the "haunted Diary". Seems there is this woman who moved into a haunted house and decided to document all the things that happen. Is it fact or fiction? Please give opinion.... sounds pretty spooky to me

http://paranormal.ab...m/haunteddiary/

I'm here today because of the past, i respect my self and all i have become and there for i do not regret the road i've walked.

#2    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 20,083 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 25 October 2001 - 12:17 PM

Very interesting indeed - as you say, I hope it's genuine, because if it is then it's one of the best documented haunting accounts I've ever seen.

Fascinating stuff.

#3    Dakoda

Dakoda

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 25 October 2001 - 11:05 PM

Mistify,

Can you tell me where on the site I can find those scanned letters that were recieved by that woman?

imageDakoda

"Have you ever noticed.... Anybody going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?" -George Carlin

#4    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 20,083 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 26 October 2001 - 11:41 AM

Dakoda,

The woman on the site claimed that the letters that she received went missing when she went to scan them in. I'm not sure whether this could be considerered a little bit convenient, but anyway she hasn't yet scanned them because she can't find them, although she says she hopes they will turn up again.

#5    Dakoda

Dakoda

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 27 October 2001 - 01:12 AM

Oh, that's right, I hadn't real all of the submissions before I posted this message.

:-*Dakoda

"Have you ever noticed.... Anybody going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?" -George Carlin

#6    Loonboy

Loonboy

Poltergeist

• 2,852 posts

Posted 27 October 2001 - 03:51 PM

Well (call me a cynic) but it all smacks of hoax. image
Doesn't it seem convenient that: this woman started a net diary expecting to witness hauntings, and hey presto a haunting kicks off more spectacular than the Amityville case?
Doesn't it seem a coincidence that: she has faceless ghosts until she researches the history of the house and then the ghost becomes a character from that history?
Doesn't it seem peculair that: she calls a ghost 'Alfie' only to find out that the character the ghost becomes is also 'Alfred'?
And the list goes on...

Bogus.image
Especially considering the multitude of ghost webcams out there for so long in the most haunted locations known and nothing conclusive...
And I don't want to sound nasty, but it sounds to me like this woman wanted more attention than she was getting and developed this ruse to fulfil her needs...

Do what you want and be what you feel. Because after all, those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't 'mind.

Work hard, keep the ceremonies, live peacably, and unite your hearts. – Hopi

Listen to the voice of nature, for it holds treasures for you. – Huron

The soul would have no rainbow if the eyes had no tears. – Minquass

#7    Mystify

Mystify

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 27 October 2001 - 04:06 PM

I Have to agree with all of you that it does sound far fetched considering all the stuff you mentioned Loonboy. Mind you she moved into the house only to find out a couple weeks before (approx) that it was haunted and then decided she would test everyones theories. None the less... I am intrested in finding out how it will turn out. Another thing.... some of the letters she got were just scribbles with red ink or red crayon.... well it was red scribbles anyways... which sounds a little odd. If she can provide the letters for us to see and eventually finds them....well... We'll have to see.
As well I am very intrested in knowing what the key she found in the basement is for. It must tie in...

All in all it is a good "story" if not real. There's a discussion forum up that I haven't checked out yet and will do that today.

I'm here today because of the past, i respect my self and all i have become and there for i do not regret the road i've walked.

#8    Mystify

Mystify

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 27 October 2001 - 07:53 PM

I found these pics...unrelated to the diary...but kinda cool. Notice the last shot if the ghostly figure....he has a shadow. spooky.

http://paranormal.ab...m/haunteddiary/

#9    Dakoda

Dakoda

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 28 October 2001 - 03:15 AM

The site unfortunetly doesn't direct us to the pics you want us to see, mystify (itgoes to the site of the diary). I discovered this myself when I tried to post a pic from the same site in the general discussion board to get people's opinions on it. The pic I was trying to show was called "To believe or not to believe" and in case your familiar with it, can you give me your opinion on it?

#10    Mystify

Mystify

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 29 October 2001 - 04:41 PM

Thanks Dakoda...
   I should have checked the link first I guess. But I guess to anyone wanting to see it they can just surf the site a bit.

As well... i just checked out the Diary site again and it seams the lady running the place finally set up a web cam. It definately adds to the credability from my point of view even though it's just a shot of an old room. :)(:

#11    Dakoda

Dakoda

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 29 October 2001 - 11:45 PM

It's a shame she didn't capture the whole of the room, and just a small corner. :-/

image Dakoda

#12    Mystify

Mystify

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 30 October 2001 - 12:07 AM

I agree... that is too bad. I think I will send her an email and recommend that idea....I haven't seen anything yet. You?

#13    Dakoda

Dakoda

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 30 October 2001 - 01:34 AM

I haven't seen anything either, I don't think anyone will--from the spot in which her cam is. Hopefully she'll consider your suggestion about moving it to a better, more open space. :)

imageDakoda

#14    Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 October 2001 - 08:06 AM

Dakoda,

Here is a link to the ghost photograph you mention along with various explanations as to its authenticity;

http://www.ghoststudy.com/monthly/aug01/ohmy.html

Mystify, this link will take anyone interested to the ghoststudy.com picture gallery without having to go through the haunted diary website,

http://www.ghoststudy.com/gallery.html

PW  :)

#15    Tommy

Tommy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,846 posts

Posted 30 October 2001 - 02:17 PM

What an interesting read.

Perhaps someone should suggest putting in a microphone as well because it sounds like there are many footstep occurrences.  :s9 I think the camera looks fine. You say it points to a small corner, but the room doesn’t look that big anyways.

Is that a TV in the corner? Looks unplugged to me.  :s4 Oh well, it will be interesting to see how this story will develop.

PW, that picture is pretty freaky if you ask me.

Tommy

"Superstition created all the gods and angels, all the devils and ghosts, all the witches, demons and goblins, gave us all the augurs, soothsayers and prophets, filled the heavens with signs and wonders, broke the chain of cause and effect, and wrote the history of man in miracles and lies" ~ Robert Green Ingersoll

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users