Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Smell associated with spirits/ghosts

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#31    qmc

qmc

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 01:33 PM

well if it was a demon i don't understand why it would just do this in my house after 27 years we've never had nothing strange happen in our home before and i wasnt only person to smell it as my mam was in same room, only strange stuff as happen to me at my work place and that was strange and scary.

#32    Camarel

Camarel

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 212 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 01:47 PM

How does everyone except from me know what a demon smells like lol?

#33    Super-Fly

Super-Fly

Caporegime.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,301 posts

• The Loonies Are Running
    The Asylum!

Posted 04 August 2012 - 03:44 PM

Never experinced it.

Thanks,

View PostCamarel, on 04 August 2012 - 01:47 PM, said:

How does everyone except from me know what a demon smells like lol?

Your not alone!

Super-Fly!!3

TrueStory.

#34    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 04 August 2012 - 10:14 PM

View Postqmc, on 04 August 2012 - 01:33 PM, said:

well if it was a demon i don't understand why it would just do this in my house after 27 years we've never had nothing strange happen in our home before and i wasnt only person to smell it as my mam was in same room, only strange stuff as happen to me at my work place and that was strange and scary.
1- have you done anything new to the house or property lately ?
Construction,digging,remodeling ?
2- what happened at work,and when did it happen ? Could have followed you home. They do that .

Miss me?

#35    regeneratia

regeneratia

Government Agent

• 4,056 posts
  • Location:All my posts are my own views, my own perceptions. Will not be finding links for why I think the way I do.

• It is time to put the big guns down now, Little Boys!

Posted 05 August 2012 - 02:29 AM

In Madison, Wi., I was visiting a loved one. WHile this loved one was at work, I put myself down to do some HemiSync (monroe institute). I was near an old dairy site between the two lakes. Anyway, I know I went deeply into the meditation, but I fell asleep during some of the meditaton, like Bob has you do/ Anyway, when I woke, there was a horrible sulfuric smell that was literally located in my nose. It eventually faded out during the day. However it would return when I laid down to sleep. I didn't attach a positive or negative label to this experience. I simply didn't place a judgement on it, nor did I resist it. It just was, ... in my nose at certain times of the day. Once I got home, it took about two weeks before I could go to sleep without that smell in my nose. I think my other meditations, and the programming that Bob leads us thru must have chased off whatever it was that was leaving that stench.

It was kind of a persistant smell, that much is for sure.

It might be noted that there were energy healers running a shop nearby where I meditated and where I was staying.

Truth is such a rare quality, a stranger so seldom met in this civilization of fraud, that it is never received freely, but must fight its way into the world
Professor Hilton Hotema
(quote from THE BIBLE FRAUD)

Robert Heinlein: SECRECY IS THE HALLMARK OF TYRANNY!

#36    qmc

qmc

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 06:43 PM

We had kitchen done up and bath room in our house, what happen at work was really strange me and a friend did have to do some work over at a building called leengate in nottingham we went over there from 5:30am intil 7am, i worked over there for a while with my mate, others said strange stuff had happen over there before and i never took no notice because i didn't belive in ghosts at that time, my mate did have to go off with is shoulder for a while as he needed to have a op on it so i was alone doing the job, first day he wasnt there i went to work up stairs in two floor building and soon as i switch the alarm off and switch lights on as it was pitch black (being dark out side) and i went to do job not long after i heared a bang i thought nothing of it, i thought it was some thing in the roof or out side not long after the door went down hall way that s**t me up and i just had feeling i was being watched it didnt feel right so i did have to lock building up and said i couldnt do the job, day after i went back over and try to put it at the back of my mind and my mate came back to work some time after, i telled him about it but every time we talked about it strange things would happen hes had a clock hit his head and the door went again when he was on the stairs (he wasnt there only me) and i hear some one walking around when nobody was there, i was standing in same place it happen before! soon as he came back off stairs i telled him about it and he said it's nothing and that it's all in my mind, a while after we was sitting down he made us both a drink and he shout is anybody there make a noise and not even a second after door down hall made a strange creak sound and i went white in the face we both looked at each other gone out, we was like wtf? We've had pcs turn em selfs on while being sit right next to em, we let a person know who works in day time about it and he looked some history up about place and they got hanged back in the day so a while after i did have to go back over when i didn't have to work there any more to fill in for some one away, i wait for the guy to get there because i was abit scared to go up stairs with me being only person as he came up stairs i felt abit safe, i talked about strange stuff what as happen to me and my friend as i couldn't get my head around it and belive it, he already know about it because we had said to him before as we was talking all power in the building just cut out he said that shouldn't of happen even fire doors locked up power was out for like 5 mins or so he seem freaked out about it and i said that killed the conversation to this day it still scares me and this strange smell as not help one bit.

Edited by qmc, 05 August 2012 - 06:44 PM.

#37    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 06 August 2012 - 06:51 AM

Hmmm,well I would go with disturbing the house first .
The work thing sounds like they're attached to the area,and wouldn't leave.
Sometimes doing work on a place stirs them up ,and things that have always been there,get disturbed and become active.
Does the smell recur ? Or was it just the one time ?
Because if it was just once,and nothing else has occurred ,I would say it was a fluke,for reasons unknown .

Miss me?

#38    qmc

qmc

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 04:12 PM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 06 August 2012 - 06:51 AM, said:

Hmmm,well I would go with disturbing the house first .
The work thing sounds like they're attached to the area,and wouldn't leave.
Sometimes doing work on a place stirs them up ,and things that have always been there,get disturbed and become active.
Does the smell recur ? Or was it just the one time ?
Because if it was just once,and nothing else has occurred ,I would say it was a fluke,for reasons unknown .

It's just the once but the smell was so strong and stay in one area, there was no other reason it should be there, it was a smell i'm new too but it wasnt nice

Edited by qmc, 06 August 2012 - 04:13 PM.

#39    liaezel

liaezel

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 09:36 AM

About a year ago I started smelling a really strong sense of beeswax at night. It was usually only at around 10:30 and only in certain places, my brother's bathroom and my room. But then as time went on, it continued even stronger, it didn't even have to be at night, it could be in the evenings, and anywhere in my house (although it was strongest and most frequent in my room). I still smell it almost every night, and it comes in wafts. No one else in my family smells it and I am convinced there must be a spirit that is occupying my house who is represented by the smell. There was an old lady who lived here before who died after we moved in, but I never knew her, let alone well enough to find any connection between her and beeswax. Am I crazy or could this actually be a ghost?

#40    sandcat

sandcat

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 130 posts

• “When nothing is sure, everything is possible.” —
    Margaret Drabble

Posted 28 August 2012 - 09:54 AM

My nana had a certain smell in her house I can't even describe it, just a mixture of everything that was her life, after she died I have smelt the smell of her house several times here in my own home & I think she is here with me sometimes

#41    starchild1976

starchild1976

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 83 posts

• Truth is stranger than fiction.

Posted 30 August 2012 - 06:40 PM

I know lost loved ones and spirit guides send butterflys, birds, and even situations or songs our way. So, I guess it's possible.. had never thought about smells before.

#42    None of the above

None of the above

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,418 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 06:44 PM

Sadly the two smells most usually associated with Spirit's, ghosts and the supernatural are bullpoo and money!

#43    Heodez

Heodez

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 04:57 PM

My housemate claims that after her uncle passed, she was working on his unfinished manuscript and smelled his aftershave in her dorm room. She said it was so strong that she had to check that she was really alone, and she checked that the corridor was empty too.

#44    coldethyl

coldethyl

~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

• 16,331 posts

• ~*★*~I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.
    Bruce Lee~*★*~

Posted 02 September 2012 - 05:53 PM

I know smells can bring back memories.

For instance, every time I smell fruit punch kool aide I think of when I was a child and lived in Florida.

I don't see why it couldn't work the other way around as well.  The memory of the person is so strong that you smell them.

Don't know about the scientific part of it and I'm not going to look it up, but it just seems logical to me.

#45    nicholes

nicholes

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 09:01 PM

I have smelled unusual smells in my house, it isn't a rotten smell or smell like flowers. My mother passed away in 2008. Every so often smell a strange smell. It hard to explain , My husband also smells these smells. We cleaned our whole house walls to the floor trying to figure it where the smell was coming from, We found nothing. It is almost a musty plastic smell if I had to describe it. I did smell perfume once around our Christmas tree when I wasn't wearing any and no other human was in the house except my husband asleep in the upstairs. I believe it was my Mom right there because she loved Christmas time. I was little freaked at first and jotted upstairs to bed really fast. I was little spooked by the  smell. Well my husband is smelling the smell again but I don't smell it this time yet. he says it is really strong and doesn't understand how I can't smell it. His grandmother (who raised him) recently passed this past March. Do you suppose it is her just stopping by to say hi? why am I not smelling the same smell he is beyond me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users