Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Smell associated with spirits/ghosts

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#46    GoSC

GoSC

HOSEA 1:10; 2:23

• 2,615 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 02:53 AM

I have smelt a sulpherous and burnt stench.

"I charge thee in the sight of God, who giveth life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed the good confession; that thou keep the commandment, without spot, without reproach, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: which in its own times he shall show, WHO IS THE BLESSED AND ONLY POTENTE, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS; who only hath immortality, dwelling in light unapproachable; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honor and power eternal. Amen" (I Tim 6:13-16).

#47    coldethyl

coldethyl

~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

• 16,331 posts

• ~*★*~I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.
    Bruce Lee~*★*~

Posted 22 September 2012 - 03:11 PM

Me too every time I cook after my kids use the stove.

edit:  grammar.  sheesh.

Edited by coldethyl, 22 September 2012 - 03:12 PM.

#48    GoSC

GoSC

HOSEA 1:10; 2:23

• 2,615 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 10:33 PM

coldethyl, on 22 September 2012 - 03:11 PM, said:

Me too every time I cook after my kids use the stove.

edit:  grammar.  sheesh.

;)

I dont have any children and culinary adventures to explain this phenomenon as natural.

"I charge thee in the sight of God, who giveth life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed the good confession; that thou keep the commandment, without spot, without reproach, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: which in its own times he shall show, WHO IS THE BLESSED AND ONLY POTENTE, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS; who only hath immortality, dwelling in light unapproachable; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honor and power eternal. Amen" (I Tim 6:13-16).

#49    coldethyl

coldethyl

~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

• 16,331 posts

• ~*★*~I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.
    Bruce Lee~*★*~

Posted 22 September 2012 - 10:45 PM

Ambush Bug, on 22 September 2012 - 10:33 PM, said:

;)

I dont have any children and culinary adventures to explain this phenomenon as natural.

Well I wouldn't call 20 and 21 children, but they are my kids.  Havoc and destruction they doth wreak.

#50    Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

• Never put off until tomorrow what you can do today...
    As You don't know what tomorrow bring's.......

Posted 24 September 2012 - 02:46 AM

RavenCraft, on 18 March 2005 - 08:56 PM, said:

I know i've heard stories of smells being associated with hauntings. A common sent I've heard of is the smell of roses when there is a female spirit present.

I've often used my senses to indicate if their was a spirit present: sight, hearing and also touch to sense the energy. Well I was sitting down at my desk researching for my paper and I smelt something strange. I know I have several spirits in my home, but smelling something weird has never occured to me. It smelt like decomposing food or plant matter. I put my head under the table and the smell was extremly strong. I lifted my head and smelt again and the smell was gone. I keep my place fairly clean, and there was no food on the floor or anything, so what could of it been?

Has anyone else had any experiences like this?

In the place I live in now, when I used to open the front door I would get the aroma/smell of flower's, nowhere else in my place just around the front door area
This carried on for approx 6 month's or so but has not happened now for over a year

In this exact same place, I have seen a ghost/spirit of a girl approx 10 years old, in old style clothing and ringlet's (if thats what You call them) in her hair, she was sitting on the stair's looking into my living room watching me, it was the feeling of being watched that made me turn round and look

At the time I said out loud "go to the light/walk into the light" (for some strange reason, I dont know why)  a few time's, it is since then I have not seen or smelt anything, maybe it's connected, maybe not

Posted Image

#51    octoberfourth

octoberfourth

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 05:43 PM

when i was a small child, the bedroom i slept in suddenly had what looked like a leak on one wall. the "leak" was evenly across the whole of the wall, the clear/pinky liquid resembled slim and never actually reached the floor during the leak which lasted some weeks maybe even months. the slim would get to the skirting board and "set" not reaching beyond that point. The leak was inspected by a plumber and the upstairs home was visited but there was no water pipes or leak/cause of leak evidence. The smell was horrific. i wont smell anything as horrific as that for as long as i live. it was every horrible smell you can imagine.

that place was definitely haunted and had VERY bad vibes. apparently the area used to be a graveyard.

#52    AREA__51

AREA__51

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 06:56 PM

When it comes to "spirits", the only smell I ever encounter is the smell is bullsh*t

Edited by AREA__51, 26 September 2012 - 06:57 PM.

#53    TheLastLazyGun

TheLastLazyGun

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts
  • Location:The edge of the West Pennine Moors, Northern England

Posted 26 September 2012 - 07:01 PM

Ghost do cause smells.

Back in around 1999, my little sister, who was then around 8 years old, was lying in bed next to her mother early one morning.  The bedroom door was open.  My sister was sat up in bed talking to her mum.  Mum was lying down with her back to my sister and the open bedroom door.  Suddenly she heard my sister abruptly stop talking mid-sentence.  She went quiet for a few moments during which time my mum could suddenly smell perfume which she didn't recognise.  After a few moments the smell disappeared and, at the same moment, my sister said: "Mum, who was the lady?"  My mum sat up in bed and said: "What lady?"  My sister told her that, whilst she was talking, a lady walked into the bedroom through the open door.  This lady was young, very pretty and friendly-looking, and wore a Victorian-style pink dress and pink hat with a floral design.  The lady walked up to the side of the bed, smiled kindly at my sister, and then just vanished.  The smell of perfume coincided with the appearance of the friendly ghost.  My mum believes either the ghost is that of a aldy who had a connection with the old cotton mill which used to occupy the site where my mum's house now is or it may be my sister's guardian angel.

Edited by TheLastLazyGun, 26 September 2012 - 07:02 PM.

#54    octoberfourth

octoberfourth

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 07:39 PM

AREA__51, on 26 September 2012 - 06:56 PM, said:

When it comes to "spirits", the only smell I ever encounter is the smell is bullsh*t
each to their own.

I've experienced some strange things mostly in childhood that cannot be logically explained but I'm pretty openminded to what could have been the cause. As with my last post above, although it was eerie and lots of other instances of similar weirdness regularly occured in that place, I feel it may have been pure negativity taking physical form and not a "ghost" or "poltergeist". who knows.

#55    CRIPTIC CHAMELEON

CRIPTIC CHAMELEON

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

• Without going out of my door
    I can know all things of earth
    Without looking out of my window
    I could know the ways of heaven

Posted 26 September 2012 - 10:00 PM

We get odd smells quite often so I just blame the dog especially when we have friends over.  :whistle:

#56    emberdawn

emberdawn

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 232 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 10:49 PM

I smell either ammonia or smelly car exhaust. I have a friend that comes and visits sometimes. It will stand next to me while I'm on the computer and reek of exhaust. But it used its reekiness to help me. My daughter lost her brand new glasses, we tore the house apart and never found them. Several days later the smell showed up and the smell was really bad and moving around the house. I couldn't stand it anymore I started chasing the smell. I found it hiding behind the book case. Why I don't but I started pulling the stuff out  of the shelf I guess I thought I was going to find the stinker. I moved the shelf and guess what I found, her glasses. I forgave it for being stinky. When comes to visit we just open the windows.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users