Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Survey - Time Travel

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#16    Mystify

Mystify

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 07 November 2001 - 11:23 PM

Tommy,
    Sry about the confusion. It was hard to put into words what I was thinking.
 Let me try again :)
Our technology right now is very advanced compared to what we know about past technology. We are at a stage in evolution where we know that it's just a matter of time (most not to distant) that we create or accomplish even better technological advancements.  ie: We as humans want to someday fly humans to other planets(besides the moon...like mars). Well so far... we've done and accomplished many of the basic steps and are alot closer to getting there than ever before and it's just a matter of time. We know that it WILL be possible and not just a dream. As most people from the last 100 years or prior would have laughed at the idea or never thought it possible.

If that doesn't kind of help... forget it cause I'm having my own difficulties with it here. lol :D

I'm here today because of the past, i respect my self and all i have become and there for i do not regret the road i've walked.

#17    Homer

Homer

Government Agent

• 3,814 posts

Posted 08 November 2001 - 05:41 AM

Mystify,

Although I have yet to read James Redfield's Celestine Prophesy and the Nine Insights, Mentalcase and myself discussed a little about it. MC stated there was a part in there which had insight into vortexes and other dimensions and the like. Sounds interesting, and as I told MC, a little far fetched. Did you read the whole book? And what do you think of the book?

Homer[glow=color,strength,width]

אַ֭תָּה אֱלֹהֵ֣י יִשְׁעִ֑י

#18    Mystify

Mystify

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 08 November 2001 - 05:58 PM

Actually I did. 3 Times :) and four copies later. I end up buying a few for other people just so they can read it and I must say and very honestly that at the time I read the book... it was the one thing my life really needed. It was very inspiring and opened up many new doors for me that I could never close. I normally don't promote things like this, but insist on reading it if you ever get the chance.
I have also read the tenth insight, which I also thought was good. But the first was better. If you go to the web site... you will get alot of info.

www.celestinevision.com

I'm here today because of the past, i respect my self and all i have become and there for i do not regret the road i've walked.

#19    Mentalcase

Mentalcase

Space Cadet

• 5,346 posts

• Most Thugish Member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps

Posted 09 November 2001 - 12:30 PM

The "Celestine Prophecy" is strongly based on spiritual awareness.  There are parts which sound a little far-fetched, but not far enough to dismiss.  If you need a grasp on your spiritual side James Redfield captures that with every book he has written. Other books he has written; "Celestine Vision", "Tenth Insight", "Secret of Shambhala In Search of the Eleventh Insight."  All great books!

P.S. Since I'm promoting this, shouldn't i be getting paid?  Where's my percent?  ;D

http://ancientaliensdebunked.com/  <~Ancient Aliens DEBUNKED!
I think that it is much more likely that the reports of flying saucers are the results of the known irrational characteristics of terrestrial intelligence than of the unknown rational efforts of extra-terrestrial intelligence ~Richard Feynman http://www.myspace.com/7leafclover

#20    Mentalcase

Mentalcase

Space Cadet

• 5,346 posts

• Most Thugish Member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps

Posted 09 November 2001 - 12:50 PM

Maybe someday we will invent a computer program that can receive messages or files from the future.  The mind and/or spirit is very much unexplained. Someday we will know more about remote viewing and premonitions, and possibly find a link between time travel and the mind/spirit. :)

http://ancientaliensdebunked.com/  <~Ancient Aliens DEBUNKED!
I think that it is much more likely that the reports of flying saucers are the results of the known irrational characteristics of terrestrial intelligence than of the unknown rational efforts of extra-terrestrial intelligence ~Richard Feynman http://www.myspace.com/7leafclover

#21    Mystify

Mystify

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 09 November 2001 - 04:58 PM

hmmm.... I wonder. Do Aliens have time travel capabilaty??? hmmmmm..... intresting

#22    JesusFreakGS

JesusFreakGS

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 108 posts

Posted 09 November 2001 - 10:44 PM

If we created some sort of inter-temporal communication device, and we told ourselves, "okay, in the future, I'm going to use this to talk to my past self", then we would get a message right away from our future self! Interesting, eh?

Adam

#23    Dakoda

Dakoda

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 10 November 2001 - 12:43 AM

Mistify,

If you consider the theory of aliens being people coming from the future, then I think it could be very much possible.

image Dakoda

"Have you ever noticed.... Anybody going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?" -George Carlin

#24    odinsupreme

odinsupreme

Odin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

• Yes.

Posted 12 November 2001 - 10:30 PM

So, if I typ this here and in 2 hours I go back in time and I post a reply to this, but before I posted it. Wouldn't it be dangerous, because I would never had posted this, because I would be wondering how my reply came here.... ???

Odin Supreme 8)

#25    JesusFreakGS

JesusFreakGS

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 108 posts

Posted 13 November 2001 - 02:50 AM

interesting... confusing, but interesting... and thought-provoking...

Adam

#26    Mystify

Mystify

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 13 November 2001 - 05:19 PM

That is why folks... time travel isn't an everyday hobby yet. To many capable screw ups in time lol

#27    ChrisStrickler

ChrisStrickler

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 13 November 2001 - 09:45 PM

The way I have always understood the way "time" travel would work is that you can speed up, or slow down time, but you cannot travel into the past. History has been written, and can't be "unwritten", but you can slow time down by speeding yourself up or speed time up by slowing yourself down (theory of relativity).

For those of you who know not what I am speaking of,
The faster you get to the speed of light, the slower time progresses, at least to you. Once you have attained the speed of light, time would seem to stop completely. To speed time up, (to travel into the future), you would have to do the opposite, which would be to slow "the speed of light" down around you, while retaining the normal speed of light in the surrounding area, thereby making you attain a much lower speed of light, you would appear to be comatose to the world around you, but it would all pass in a blur.

And here are some more problems. The closer you get to traveling at the speed of light, the more mass you have. Using Einsteins E=MC2, (energy equals mass squared) and remembering that Light is a form of Energy, you would begin to have energy course through you, causing you to heat up, and make you luminescent. The closer you get, the larger, the hotter, and brighter you get. So, if you were to attain the speed of light, three things would happen, in stair-step: 1.) As your mass increases, you would occupy all points in the universe simultaneously, 2.) the second your mass squares its initial self, you become pure energy, 3.) and become energy in light form.

So to effectively "Slow time" you would have to accelerate and decelerate yourself to and from the speed of light like a strobe light, assuming of course that you could be turned from energy back to mass, and could survive the heat you would generate. If you were to try to go backwards in time, you would have to go faster than the speed of light.

To travel forward, you would have to do the exact opposite, you would have to "slow down". For example, say you were to make a chamber, in which you could control the exact speed of light on a scale. You enter said chamber, and operator outside of the chamber slows your relative speed of light down to say 5 mph (meaning light would only travel at 5mph), and you on scale with the speed of light would slow down accordingly. The speed of light outside the chamber would still be 670,878,000 mph
(math for this is 186,355 miles per second, x 60 seconds, x 60 minutes = 670,878,000).

So, the light inside the chamber is:
5mph (approximatley 5/6,708,780 of the "normal" speed of light")

and the light outside the chamber is:
670,878,000 mph.

Now for the "fun" math.

One second of time inside the chamber, (6,708,780) times one second of time outside the chamber, (670,878,000) = 4,500,772,908,840,000.

4,500,772,908,840,000 divided by 186,355 (light normal speed per second) = 24,151,608,000 times normal time.

So, 1 second of "slow" time would be equivalent to 402,526,800 seconds of normal time, or 6,780,800 Hours, which, if my math is correct is 766 years. And that, is ONE SECOND.

and problems with this are:

The slower you get, the more mass you lose, as well as energy. So you would end up 5/6,780,800 of normal mass, and energy accordingly. Meaning, you decrease, but not in density, and would be 5/6,780,800 of normal body temperature.

I think my math is right, if not, lemme know where.

ChrisStrickler

#28    Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 November 2001 - 10:03 PM

Yes, Professor, you forgot to include leap years(1 extra day each four years) into your equation. Thus, the formula should look something like this;

image :o

PW  :D

#29    ChrisStrickler

ChrisStrickler

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 13 November 2001 - 10:34 PM

even with the leap years (191) included, adding 191 days wouldnt make it a year. I also dropped the decimal point off of the years, cause I didnt feel like converting it backwards into days hours minutes seconds.

ChrisStrickler

#30    odinsupreme

odinsupreme

Odin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

• Yes.

Posted 14 November 2001 - 09:19 PM

You say that history can't be unwritten. But when was history. For the people of tomorrow this is history, but for us is this now so...

Odin Supreme 8)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users