Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

An early close encounter

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1    Althalus

Althalus

Alien Abducter

• 4,906 posts

Posted 17 May 2003 - 07:47 PM

In June 1901, the first recorded close encounter of the third kind occured at Bournerook, West Midlands, England, when an object like a 'hut' was seen in a garden by a youth. It contained two small men, under 4 feet tall, wearing khaki suits and helmets, one of whom approached the witness before returning inside. The object created an electric glow around its base and took off skyward with a whooshing noise.

This is all I have on the case.

Whats everyone think?  

"We make choices everyday, some of them good, some of them bad. And - if we are strong enough - we live with the consequences."
David Gemmell

#2    Kimm

Kimm

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 18 May 2003 - 09:02 AM

If that storry is true that was real aliens (and a real UFO)

abduct.gif                                                  

Knowledge is power

#3    Loonboy

Loonboy

Poltergeist

• 2,852 posts

Posted 18 May 2003 - 12:22 PM

Well d'uh!

huh.gif

Anyone ever notice how the style of Ufo encounters varies with different generations? In the sixties, it was the classic flying-saucer shape as reflected in the movies. In the late 1800s it was the flying-airship. In medieval times it was the burning-cross.

Says more about human interpretation than interplanetary visitors, methinks.

smile.gif                                                  

Do what you want and be what you feel. Because after all, those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't 'mind.

Work hard, keep the ceremonies, live peacably, and unite your hearts. Hopi

Listen to the voice of nature, for it holds treasures for you. Huron

The soul would have no rainbow if the eyes had no tears. Minquass

#4    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 19,811 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 18 May 2003 - 12:59 PM

an object like a 'hut' was seen in a garden by a youth. It contained two small men, under 4 feet tall, wearing khaki suits and helmets

Sounds like a typical Tory cabinet meeting.  huh.gif

On a serious note though, as Loonboy pointed out it's interesting just how varied such reports are. If we were being visited by extra terrestrials in this way, surely the reports would be a lot more consistent.                                                  

#5    bigsteff

bigsteff

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 18 May 2003 - 01:14 PM

loonboy what's your point exactly....

is it that e.t has been seen flying different ships through the ages

hmmmmm let me think.....crikey so have we...airships and now a spaceshuttle

think they might be like us,,,always want a better and faster ship/aircraft

look at those earthlings they have a areoplane thing called concorde..i want a flying triangle laugh.gif                                                  

#6    Althalus

Althalus

Alien Abducter

• 4,906 posts

Posted 18 May 2003 - 02:57 PM

Personally I still think that most of the modern day UFO and alien sightings are just modern examples of fairy sightings, all that has happened is that as we ave become more advanced so hav our perceptions of the fairies.                                                  

"We make choices everyday, some of them good, some of them bad. And - if we are strong enough - we live with the consequences."
David Gemmell

#7    Loonboy

Loonboy

Poltergeist

• 2,852 posts

Posted 18 May 2003 - 04:16 PM

My point, bigsteff, is that people are definitely seeing 'something' but human psychology seems to be intervening.

We seem to be projecting our own ideas onto what we are seeing, rather than seeing it for what it actually is.

I believe that we have been visited, and that those visits were from different kinds of entities. Naturally they would have their own specific means of transportation and naturally that would change over time, but, for medieval folk to see crosses in the sky at a time when the Christian religion was spreading seems worthy of note. For people to see airships when our own technology was developing the first airborne vehicles is also something to consider...

Do what you want and be what you feel. Because after all, those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't 'mind.

#8    bigsteff

bigsteff

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 18 May 2003 - 06:56 PM

yes well we all know about these religious nuts throught the ages....

i mean come on ...your a witch,,,,take the test...

if she floats she's a witch,,,if she drowns she's a good christian woman...oops and she's now with god.......

but your right some people see what they want to see,,,,i have a seen this before in modern times....people who see a face in a rock....i looked at it,,,couldn't see the face he seen but..i did see another 2 that were clearer than his  laugh.gif                                                  

#9    Kismit

Kismit

Telekinetic

• 7,680 posts

Posted 18 May 2003 - 10:48 PM

I find the Idea of the Human psychy playing apart in interpreting  peoples discriptions very interesting . Of course Medievil folk would not have stood around going  " Hey!! did you see that It looked just like a Boeing 747 that did"  So I think that interpretation has also come down to what the people of that time had to compare it with .
   In the originall post Al put up , there is enough information to still be able to put it into a classic alien encounter case . Only it lacks detailed discription on the actuall Aliens themselves, like color.
  Speaking of color though why do you think in the 50's Aliens were seen as little green men and now days they are more often classified as Grey  smile.gif                                                  

#10    Kimm

Kimm

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 19 May 2003 - 06:09 AM

QUOTE (Loonboy @ May 18 2003, 12:22 PM)

Well d'uh!

I didnt mean it that way (I sounded a "little" strange tho!)

I persom sees a bright light that moves towards him and e thinks that it is a ghost then tells someone that he had seen this bright light but not that he thought that it was a ghost he has told a true storry. But maby if this light where just a car driving towards him and he then tells someone that he had seen a ghost then the storry isent true becos he didnt see a ghost!                                                  

Knowledge is power

#11    TheOracle

TheOracle

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts

• Artistic, quiet, musician Member of the
    Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps.

Ad mortem fidelis.

Posted 19 May 2003 - 07:08 AM

And here we go again  wacko.gif                                                  

Never play Leap Frog with a Unicorn.

#12    Althalus

Althalus

Alien Abducter

• 4,906 posts

Posted 19 May 2003 - 07:56 AM

Kismit,

In the 50's aliens were seen as little green men because of the pulp fiction book that where available at the time and were so popular, people read about and saw films of aliens that were green and so saw them as green.

Later on in the present people see grey's because of again mass media, and also because that is how everyone sees them.                                                  

David Gemmell

#13    Kismit

Kismit

Telekinetic

• 7,680 posts

Posted 19 May 2003 - 08:14 AM

Thanx Al but I allways assumed it was a chicken and egg question . Which came first the alien or the media hype?
   Perhaps we just arn't visited by the green variety anymore . Does anybody know of any documented little green men encounters , other than the green children ones?                                                  

#14    bigsteff

bigsteff

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 19 May 2003 - 09:11 AM

how were aliens seen as little green men in the fifties

wasn't tv still only broadcasting in black and white laugh.gif                                                  

#15    Loonboy

Loonboy

Poltergeist

• 2,852 posts

Posted 19 May 2003 - 12:07 PM

Kimm, I understand (I think) what you are saying. A person has reported their experience as it was for them. In that way, they were telling the 'truth', but the truth is very subjective and very much depends upon the person.

Lol @ TO   biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users