Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Did X Files end well?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Poll: Did the series 'The X Files' end well? (28 member(s) have cast votes)

Did the series 'The X Files' end well?

1. Yes- The final episode ruled (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. Yes- But not evrey character got enougth closure. (6 votes [21.43%])

Percentage of vote: 21.43%

3. Yes- But they should make a movie. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. Yes- But there were too many loose ends. (3 votes [10.71%])

Percentage of vote: 10.71%

5. No- The final episode was really lame. (5 votes [17.86%])

Percentage of vote: 17.86%

6. No- Too little closure. (1 votes [3.57%])

Percentage of vote: 3.57%

7. No- But they should make a movie. (3 votes [10.71%])

Percentage of vote: 10.71%

8. No- There were WAY too many loose ends. (10 votes [35.71%])

Percentage of vote: 35.71%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1    Walken

Walken

Deus ex Machina

• Banned
  • 10,249 posts

• "I've done everything you wanted me to do; so why did you do this to me?!"

Posted 23 March 2005 - 08:11 AM

Watched the final episode last night, and I realised that only a few of the characters got closure, and some of the major ones missed out on it. Skinner, for instance.

Twas wondering what you guys thought.

Posted Image

Finish The Fight - November, 2007.

#2    greychupa

greychupa

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts

• *Oscar Wilde quote goes here

Posted 23 March 2005 - 08:36 AM

I cant remember that much about it, so it wasnt really good...They should make a movie, a GOOD one.  original.gif

#3    Walken

Walken

Deus ex Machina

• Banned
  • 10,249 posts

Posted 23 March 2005 - 01:05 PM

The origonal movie wasn't not good.

Posted Image

#4    Invisigoth

Invisigoth

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 87 posts

• Here's to Swimin' with Bowlegged Women!

Posted 29 May 2005 - 03:20 PM

I love the X-FILES but after season 6 the show went down hill.

#5    SCARLET1

SCARLET1

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 383 posts

• Looking for my sanity....in the basement...

Posted 29 May 2005 - 06:30 PM

That's because they got rid of Mulder.

I think the last epi was okay, but not as great as some other series finales I've seen on other shows.

And yeah, they really *should* make another movie.

~Scarlet~

#6    BurnSide

BurnSide

Through the Looking Glass

• 25,390 posts

• “Experience is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you.”

Posted 29 May 2005 - 08:52 PM

One of the options should have been 'no, it should of ended ALONG time ago'.

X Files sucked after season 3.

#7    Hans Dolbrook

Hans Dolbrook

opemmind1963

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 29 May 2005 - 11:02 PM

the x files is my fave tv show ever.i thought the last eps sucked,it was just kaos all over.they are getting ready to make an x files movie that is supposed to be out in 2007.i really wish they had'nt killed off the lone gunmen in the next to last episode,they made the year without mulder worth watching!

Posted Image

{" Everyone needs to feel safe but hell; might as well blame the trailer park for attracting lightning bolts and tornados. I mean, I had a hand in certain things. But everybody's got free will... I just give them enough rope to hang themselves."-Lucas Buck}

#8    Cigarette_Smoking_Man

Cigarette_Smoking_Man

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 27 posts

• Trust no one

Posted 30 May 2005 - 05:32 AM

I think the last episode tried to leave too much open so they could either A) revive the series, or cool.gif make another movie.

I think they should've made a movie that would have given closure to everything.

Best Regards,

Spender

#9    Great Big Sea

Great Big Sea

Poltergeist

• 2,459 posts

• We should respect a person not because who they are, but what they do with their life, is the way they earn our respect.

Posted 30 May 2005 - 05:47 PM

I used to watch the series on and off if nothing was good on tv. But I really can't remember what happend so that's why I didn't vote on the poll.

"This is probably the strangest position I've been in on this show." Adam Savage.

"Notice how he says "On this Show." Kari Byron

Mythbusters.

#10    darkmoonlady

darkmoonlady

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,296 posts

• Get busy livin' or get busy dyin'-Shawshank Redemption/Life is a buffet and most poor suckers are starving to death-Auntie Mame

Posted 30 May 2005 - 10:05 PM

Ok I hated the final episode when it first aired for many reasons. I am a die hard fan and I still hadn't dealt with the deaths of lone gunmen characters (really pissed me off). I thought it left way too many loose ends and it does, however it does hold true to the X Files mythology more than first thought. In some ways I think that Chris Carter was trying to bookend the show using some of the things that we all loved the X Files for in the first place and in some ways he succeeded.

In the final episode(s) we see Mulder being visited by the dead. Something he has for a great deal of the time not really believed. Scully sees her father dead in the first season as a ghost sitting in her chair, but can't truly believe it. Throughout the nine seasons faith was huge, whether it was Mulders undying faith in the existence of extraterrestrials or the faith that he would never stop trying to find his sister, along with Scullys religious faith. Mulder never really believed in any or all of what Scully believed and throughout many an episode he made clear to Scully his negative views of her faith.

Then the switcheroo, we saw Scully become a believer and Mulder lose his faith, and then regain it. The faith theme is just like thread through the whole show. Now the final episode, Mulder sees his dead friends and in the final scene of him and Scully in the hotel room (another bookend to the first episode where Mulder told Scully of his sisters disappearance with rain cascading down the windows etc) and they talk that the dead are trying to tell them something , that there is reason to have faith.

So in the end I do think that Chris Carter TRIED to really end the show on a familiar note, but we don't know if they will try to find William, and what will really happen as the dreaded Mayan calendar date draws near. I think another movie would only make sense if only to finally see them as all together and find out if William is the key to the whole thing or not.  

Edited by darkmoonlady, 30 May 2005 - 10:07 PM.

“The beauty of religious mania is that it has the power to explain everything. Once God (or Satan) is accepted as the first cause of everything which happens in the mortal world, nothing is left to chance …or change... logic can be happily tossed out the window. Religious mania is one of the few infallible ways of responding to the worlds vagaries, because it totally eliminates pure accident. To the true religious maniac, it’s ALL on purpose” – Stephen King, The Stand

#11    Walken

Walken

Deus ex Machina

• Banned
  • 10,249 posts

Posted 30 May 2005 - 10:06 PM

Actually they are making another movie happy.gif

Posted Image

#12    morino

morino

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

• When fire rains down from the sky mankind will reap what it has sown...

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:34 AM

Yes and no;based on the polls i saw,the majority didn't like the ending.can't blame them.i used to watch x-files as a kid.now i'm 27 and have watched season 5 till the last episode(the truth)...the show overall is great,my rating being 8.7/10.i also liked the romance between mulder & scully alot.it fitted the storyline well and is pretty much what would happen in real life in such a scenario.i have no prob. admitting this as a guy :unsure2:

the show reached its height around season 6/7,but i hated it when mulder was out for a good period(season 8,9).understandable though,'cause i read that there was a prob with david duchovny's contract during that time.also,the last seasons 8+9 kinda sucked storywise.

:unsure2:  Bottom Line 4 ME:NO,IT DIDN''T END WELL;2 much questions unanswered and no real closure,which makes u look 4 more.they should've ended the series well...or either a movie has 2 be made(X-Files 3) in which it all ends,period.If u ask me,mulder & scully should have put the x-files 2 rest or handed it over 2 agents dogget & reyes and settled down;all other characters...well hey could make sumthin' good up 4 the rest. :yes:

#13    RavenEyes19

RavenEyes19

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 193 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:40 PM

I stopped watching after David left..it just wasn't X-Files without Mulder. I watched the finale when it aired, but I barely remember any of it now. I remember it didn't really hold my interest though. If they make another movie, I hope it's good and involves aliens. I liked the first movie, but the last movie was a joke.

#14    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 6,933 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:56 PM

No it didn't.  Shows do much better when they have specific end dates, rather than just dragging on and on.

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#15    AZDZ

AZDZ

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts

• Hatching soon...

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:06 PM

Didn't see the ending episode, had given up on it way before then.  I think any lack of ending could have been because even the creators were uncertain HOW it should end, but I think Carter simply lost focus and/or interest, didn't care anymore - choosing to let it go to pot.

Or perhaps, "they" got to him. :alien:

View PostSCARLET1, on 29 May 2005 - 06:30 PM, said:

That's because they got rid of Mulder.

I think the last epi was okay, but not as great as some other series finales I've seen on other shows.

And yeah, they really *should* make another movie.

~Scarlet~

I thought he quit the show?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users