Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Did X Files end well?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Poll: Did the series 'The X Files' end well? (28 member(s) have cast votes)

Did the series 'The X Files' end well?

1. Yes- The final episode ruled (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. Yes- But not evrey character got enougth closure. (6 votes [21.43%])

Percentage of vote: 21.43%

3. Yes- But they should make a movie. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. Yes- But there were too many loose ends. (3 votes [10.71%])

Percentage of vote: 10.71%

5. No- The final episode was really lame. (5 votes [17.86%])

Percentage of vote: 17.86%

6. No- Too little closure. (1 votes [3.57%])

Percentage of vote: 3.57%

7. No- But they should make a movie. (3 votes [10.71%])

Percentage of vote: 10.71%

8. No- There were WAY too many loose ends. (10 votes [35.71%])

Percentage of vote: 35.71%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#16    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:58 PM

I love the X-Files! It just really went down hill after Season 6.
I've been re-watching them on my Kindle. I like the episodes with the Lone Gunmen. They ROCK! :tsu:

#17    shrooma

shrooma

Ugly bag of mostly water.

• 2,707 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:34 AM

View PostBurnSide, on 29 May 2005 - 08:52 PM, said:

One of the options should have been 'no, it should of ended ALONG time ago'.

X Files sucked after season 3.
really?
the season four episode 'home', was the x-files' best EVER episode!
a good slice of tv horror, that not many shows since have been brave enough to attempt, and considering the subject matter, none have come close to equalling it, and certainly never in a mainstream tv show.
'x-files sucked after season 3'
I beg to differ.....

''One is all for religion until one visits a really religious country. Then, one is all for drains, machinery, and a minimum wage.''
-Aldous Huxley-

#18    shrooma

shrooma

• 2,707 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:40 AM

View PostKowalski, on 19 March 2013 - 04:58 PM, said:

I've been re-watching them on my Kindle. I like the episodes with the Lone Gunmen. They ROCK! :tsu:
maybe try and get the lone gunmen spin-off on your kindle too kowalski....?

''One is all for religion until one visits a really religious country. Then, one is all for drains, machinery, and a minimum wage.''
-Aldous Huxley-

#19    DKO

DKO

Ω is Futile.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,805 posts

• When you hear hoofbeats behind you, don't expect to see a zebra - Unless you're in Africa...

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:51 AM

I didn't like the last two seasons much, especially the last season.

A lot of people didn't like season 7, I enjoyed it a lot, even though the main storyline pretty much ended by season 6 I still liked many episodes in that season.

It's a shame such a good show ended so poorly.

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe it. - Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Confucius Says:

Man who runs behind car gets exhausted.

Man who wants pretty nurse must be patient.

#20    Kowalski

Kowalski

• 4,102 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 01:26 PM

I liked season 6, but after Mulder left, it really went downhill after that. The whole thing with Mulder's sister was REALLY confusing, and didn't make any sense... :unsure2:

View Postshrooma, on 21 March 2013 - 07:40 AM, said:

maybe try and get the lone gunmen spin-off on your kindle too kowalski....?

I've been looking for it.

#21    shrooma

shrooma

• 2,707 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 21 March 2013 - 02:21 PM

I hope you find it kowalski!
I only managed to see 3-4 episodes myself, but they were pretty good. the dynamic between the three gunmen was as fun as ever, and the humour in the show was well balanced, as it was on the x-files!
happy hunting!!
:-)

-Aldous Huxley-

#22    DKO

DKO

Ω is Futile.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,805 posts

• When you hear hoofbeats behind you, don't expect to see a zebra - Unless you're in Africa...

Posted 21 March 2013 - 02:25 PM

View PostKowalski, on 21 March 2013 - 01:26 PM, said:

I liked season 6, but after Mulder left, it really went downhill after that. The whole thing with Mulder's sister was REALLY confusing, and didn't make any sense... :unsure2:

Yeah I hated how that wrapped up. Can't remember the episode too well, been a few years since I've seen that episode. Didn't Mulder find his sisters diary inside the wall of a house? A house the police would have previously searched. Or something silly like that.

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe it. - Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Confucius Says:

Man who runs behind car gets exhausted.

Man who wants pretty nurse must be patient.

#23    Kowalski

Kowalski

• 4,102 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:54 PM

"Closure" was a story milestone for the series, giving the final revelation of what really happened to Fox Mulder's sister, Samantha. The episode was written as a sequel to the previous episode, "Sein und Zeit," but branched off into different territory. Although a majority of the episode was filmed on a soundstage, several scenes were shot on location, such as the scenes at Norton Air Force Base in San Bernardino, California.
Agents Fox Mulder (David Duchovny) and Dana Scully (Gillian Anderson) aid the Sacramento Police in the investigation of a brutal murder committed by Scruloff, the owner of the Santa Village. As the remains of more children are discovered, he admits killing twenty-four children, but denies murdering Amber. Mulder is approached by psychic Harold Piller, who tells Mulder that he has helped law enforcement across the world, and has proved in various cases that children had been taken by "walk-ins". Piller believes that walk-ins save children who suffer terrible fates. (A walk-in is a new age concept of a person whose original soul has departed his or her body and has been replaced with a new soul, either temporarily or permanently.)
Scully becomes worried about Piller's influence over Mulder. The agents return to Washington, D.C., where Mulder keeps searching for evidence in the case. Meanwhile, Piller gets another vision of Samantha Mulder, leading Mulder to April Air Force Base. Scully finds evidence that Samantha's disappearance is linked to the The Smoking Man (William B. Davis); when she returns to her apartment, she finds him waiting for her. He tells her that he had called off the search for Mulder's sister when she vanished because he knew she was dead.
When Mulder returns to April Air Force Base, he uncovers proof that Samantha lived with the Smoking Man along with his son, Jeffrey Spender, and that she was forced to undergo painful tests. Scully finds a 1979 police report of a girl matching Samantha's description, and learns that she was taken to a hospital emergency room. She and Mulder find the nurse who treated her, and the nurse describes how Samantha disappeared the same way as Amber—without a trace. Mulder later walks through the forest and receives a vision of Samantha along with the spirits of other children. Upon telling Scully and Pillar (who reacts badly upon hearing that his son is dead) of his vision, Mulder accepts that his sister is dead and in a better place. When Scully comforts Mulder and asks if he is all right, he responds with a choked "I'm fine. I'm free."

:huh:   I was like, what happened to the whole alien abduction thing??

#24    Kowalski

Kowalski

• 4,102 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:58 PM

X-Files- Favorite Mulderisms and Scullyisms

:D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users