Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Barbara Bush says Hillary will Lose

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1    twpdyp

twpdyp

GOP for Life

• 2,448 posts

• The first step in any self improvement program is to admit there is room for improvement.

Posted 25 March 2005 - 09:58 PM

Barbara Bush Says Hillary Clinton Will Lose In 2008
Ex-First Lady Addressed Students

POSTED: 9:30 am EST March 25, 2005

MODESTO, Calif. -- One former first lady is offering predictions about another.

Barbara Bush said former first lady, and current senator, Hillary Rodham Clinton will be the Democratic candidate for president in 2008.

But Sen. Clinton won't be the nation's first female president, at least not according to Mrs. Bush.

Mrs. Bush, 79, said Clinton will lose in the next election.

Mrs. Bush also predicted Condoleezza Rice won't run for president in the next election.

Mrs. Bush spoke to high school and college students in Modesto, Calif. She told them she never dreamed she'd be the wife of one president and the mother of another.

As for the current chief executive, his mother jokes that when he was a boy, she "just hoped he'd grow up."
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/4317443/detail.html
I hope and pray she is right about this, I am afraid of the Hilda Beast. Very very very irrational woman.

As we go through this life reaching, striving, and straining for life's brass ring, has any of us ever stopped to wonder just who is running the Merry-Go-Round?
You must play the hand that life deals you, if you dealt the hand to yourself you must play that hand silently .

#2    Shadowsleet

Shadowsleet

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts

• I don't care about breeding. A sword doesn't need a fine lineage, it just needs to be sharp.

Posted 25 March 2005 - 10:25 PM

As for the current chief executive, his mother jokes that when he was a boy, she "just hoped he'd grow up."

Maybe, one day, he'll finally do so tongue.gif

Personally...I think Hillary Clinton has a pretty good chance...what was it? 48, 49% of voters voted for the democrats anyway? Add to that figure all the femenists in the country who'd probably vote for her regardless of her politics....

"In battle, no move your opponent makes is trivial."

#3    Babs

Babs

Alien Abducter

• 4,663 posts

• "Truth will first be ridiculed, then violently opposed, and finally accepted as self-evident" A. Schopenhauer 1788-1860

Posted 27 March 2005 - 09:12 PM

Yes, being a feminist I will vote for her, unless Condi Rice runs.

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation"

Henry David Thoreau...

#4    Seraphina

Seraphina

Voted Best Member 2005

• 7,133 posts

• Everyone likes a smouldering and sexy glare from a diminutive scientist.

Posted 27 March 2005 - 09:14 PM

Babs...just out of curiousity, do you agree with her politics (you are, after all, agressivly pro-Bush), or would you just be voting based on her gender?

Posted Image

Apparantly, over on Exchristian.Net, they say that I'm "probably the smartest person" on UM....that is so cool...

#5    Neo2005

Neo2005

The One

• 3,523 posts

• If you die in the matrix you die here?
    The body cannot live without the mind.

Posted 27 March 2005 - 09:33 PM

I think Hillay has a good chance more so becuase she will be the flavour of the month cause she's a woman.
Not that i don;t think having a Woman presidenet is a bad thing i  think it's a good thing.
But i think that it might be the only reason alot of people vote for her

#6    Seraphina

Seraphina

Voted Best Member 2005

• 7,133 posts

Posted 27 March 2005 - 09:35 PM

Yes....although...there have been a disproportionate number of disasterous women leaders in the past huh.gif

Posted Image

Apparantly, over on Exchristian.Net, they say that I'm "probably the smartest person" on UM....that is so cool...

#7    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 15,025 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 27 March 2005 - 09:39 PM

OMG, that's a scary thought that women will vote for her just because she's a woman. no.gif

#8    Seraphina

Seraphina

Voted Best Member 2005

• 7,133 posts

Posted 27 March 2005 - 09:41 PM

I agree tongue.gif However, if it means getting the republicans out of the White House, then I consider it a stupidity worth suffering :tongue.gif

Posted Image

#9    Neo2005

Neo2005

The One

• 3,523 posts

• If you die in the matrix you die here?
    The body cannot live without the mind.

Posted 27 March 2005 - 09:42 PM

Definatly Republicans out
Democrats in
Although unfortunatly there pretty much the same thing

#10    Angelofmercy

Angelofmercy

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 28 March 2005 - 06:06 PM

each party has its own monsters in the closet...each has it's own political agenda and unfortunately neither agenda cares about what's best for the American people.

I hope Hilary doesn't win.  Her politics just aren't quite up to par with moderate Americans.  She's trying hard to move closer to the middle, but it's not happening.

Although I can't imagine who would run against her and win.

Sacred Duty Yadda yadda yadda

#11    Nxt2Hvn

Nxt2Hvn

Alien Abducter

• 5,082 posts

• 'For we walk by faith, not by sight.' II Corinthians 5:7

Posted 28 March 2005 - 06:38 PM

Just because she is a woman??... NO WAY... I personally think Hillary Clinton is the anti-christ!  tongue.gif

But no.. on a serious note... I don't really think it is time for a woman to be President of the United States... I wouldn't vote for one... unless they REALLY impressed me. thumbsup.gif

I would rather live my life as if there is a God, and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't, and die to find out there is.

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin. ~anonymous~

#12    SilverCougar

SilverCougar

All hail the gods of Rum

• 10,873 posts

• The origonal Damneddirtytreehugging-
    paganhippiewerecougarrum pirate.

Posted 29 March 2005 - 11:42 AM

Hard to say.... and it's to early to tell.  Assuming she is the best canidate for the vote.. I'll vote for her.

Doctor_Strangelove: If only I lived in a world with no risk of piss tests. Then I could just sit here and
watch videos on angelfish and become one with nature.

#13    Babs

Babs

Alien Abducter

• 4,663 posts

• "Truth will first be ridiculed, then violently opposed, and finally accepted as self-evident" A. Schopenhauer 1788-1860

Posted 30 March 2005 - 03:55 PM

I will vote for Hillary because it is time for a woman president, period. However, I do agree with her politics on women's issues, I am pro-choice. I am for the environment, cleaning it up (polution) I am for the animals and do not want us drilling for oil in our country at the expense of our wildlife. I am for minorities_ against any prejudice. But I do have concerns about the war on terror, and what Hillary will be able to bring to the table as far as fighting terror and stabilizing our country's security.

Henry David Thoreau...

#14    Babs

Babs

Alien Abducter

• 4,663 posts

Posted 30 March 2005 - 03:59 PM

I would like to add, I think it would probably be better if Condoleeza Rice ran. A woman and a black, two minorities right there, plus she is geared for the fight against terror.

Henry David Thoreau...

#15    __Kratos__

__Kratos__

-Staring-

• 25,876 posts

• As darkness falls, night unfolds ebony wings to wrap the world in it's dark embrace.

Posted 30 March 2005 - 05:18 PM

Rice already said in an interview she would not run for president. So I guess your going to be stuck with Hillary, Babs.

The last women candidate, lost my interest the second she said, "Men are the reason for all of the worlds problems." Blah, just can't go around saying that and expect to get elected.

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." ~Philip K. Dick

"Passion, peace. Strength, knowledge. Power, serenity. Victory, harmony. Freedom, the Force." ~Ashara Zavros

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users