Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The 10th Heaven

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#1    Ashley-Star*Child

Ashley-Star*Child

Alien Abducter

• 5,014 posts

Posted 30 March 2005 - 12:37 PM

As a continuance of the original question, which did not get answered, I have contacted Saucy, and Saucy will apparently respond. So, here I ask again:

How about a pop quizz, hey, let's see who knows more.

I'll start, where is the 10th Heaven located? Who is in the 10th Heaven? Who can enter the 10th Heaven?

If Saucy cannot answer, I will.

Posted Image

#2    Scorpio_71

Scorpio_71

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 117 posts

• Caution: this area may be hazardous to your health.

Posted 30 March 2005 - 01:01 PM

Hey as long as God lets me into the first one.... thats all I need.

Eyes Wide Shut.......Straped to the Chair.......Let the Dance Begin.......

#3    Ashley-Star*Child

Ashley-Star*Child

Alien Abducter

• 5,014 posts

Posted 30 March 2005 - 01:09 PM

You don't want to be in the first Heaven. Nor, the second, or the fifth. The 3rd would be more to your liking.

Posted Image

#4    Loge

Loge

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts

• Lucifer (luci =light fer = fire) is the Guardian of the Door of Eden, who in hell is entrusted with the keys of Peter!

Posted 30 March 2005 - 01:44 PM

Hercules, Herakles means the Glory of Hera from (Hera and Kleos).

Hera = The Divine Mother Goddess of the Gods

Kleos = Glory

Herakles or Hercules has to perform 12 tasks in order to enter into Heaven (Olimpus)

The capture of the Cattle of Geryon is the Tenth Task of Hercules in order to enter into the Tenth Heaven! (This is related to psychological detachment).

Tenth Heaven, the Empirean, the abode of the Seraphim, the Heaven of Neptune!

To accomplish his tenth labor, Hercules had to journey to the end of the world. Eurystheus ordered the hero to bring him the cattle of the monster Geryon. Geryon was the son of Chrysaor and Callirrhoe. Chrysaor had sprung from the body of the Gorgon Medusa after Perseus beheaded her, and Callirrhoe was the daughter of two Titans, Oceanus and Tethys. With such distinguished lineage, it is no surprise that Geryon himself was quite unique. It seems that Geryon had three heads and three sets of legs all joined at the waist.

And the daughter of Ocean, Callirrhoe... bore a son who was the strongest of all men, Geryones, whom mighty Heracles killed in sea-girt Erythea for the sake of his shambling oxen. Hesiod, Theogony,   980

Geryon lived on an island called Erythia, which was near the boundary of Europe and Libya. On this island, Geryon kept a herd of red cattle guarded by Cerberus’s brother, Orthus, a two-headed hound, and the herdsman Eurytion. Hercules set off on for Erythia, encountering and promptly killing many wild beasts along the way, and he came to the place where Libya met Europe. Here, Apollodorus tells us, Hercules built two massive mountains, one in Europe and one in Libya, to commemorate his extensive journey. Other accounts say that Hercules split one mountain into two. Either way, these mountains became known as the Gates or Pillars of Hercules. The strait Hercules made when he broke the mountain apart is now called the Strait of Gibraltar, between Spain and Morocco, the gateway from the Mediterranean Sea to the Atlantic Ocean.

Sailing in a goblet which the Sun gave him in admiration, Hercules reached the island of Erythia. Not long after he arrived, Orthus, the two-headed dog, attacked Hercules, so Hercules bashed him with his club. Eurytion followed, with the same result. Another herdsman in the area reported these events to Geryon. Just as Hercules was escaping with the cattle, Geryon attacked him. Hercules fought with him and shot him dead with his arrows.

The stealing of the cattle was not such a difficult task, compared to the trouble Hercules had bringing the herd back to Greece. In Liguria, two sons of Poseidon, the god of the sea, tried to steal the cattle, so he killed them. At Rhegium, a bull got loose and jumped into the sea. The bull swam to Sicily and then made its way to the neighboring country. The native word for bull was "italus," and so the country came to be named after the bull, and was called Italy.

The escaped bull was found by a ruler named Eryx, another of Poseidon's sons, and Eryx put this bull into his own herd. Meanwhile, Hercules was searching for the runaway animal. He temporarily entrusted the rest of the herd to the god Hephaestus, and went after the bull. He found it in Eryx's herd, but the king would return it only if the hero could beat him in a wrestling contest. Never one to shy away from competition, Hercules beat Eryx three times in wrestling, killed the king, took back the bull, and returned it to the herd.

Hercules made it to the edge of the Ionian Sea, with the end of his journey finally in sight. Hera, however, was not about to let the hero accomplish this labor. She sent a gadfly to attack the cattle, and the herd scattered far and wide. Now, Hercules had to run around Thrace gathering the escaped cows. Finally, he regrouped the herd and, blaming his troubles on the river Strymon in Thrace, he filled the river with rocks, making it unnavigable. Then, he brought the cattle of Geryon to Eurystheus, who sacrificed the herd to Hera. The ancients don't tell us how long either Hercules or Europe took to recover from this eventful jaunt. happy.gif

And he that overcomes, and keeps my works unto the end, to him will I give him (Lucifer) the morning star.

#5    Ashley-Star*Child

Ashley-Star*Child

Alien Abducter

• 5,014 posts

Posted 30 March 2005 - 02:43 PM

It's not on Neptune. All the planets within OUR solar system are encompassed within the 1st Heaven. It is not a planet. Period.

There's another hint Saucy!

Posted Image

#6    Something Like Laughter

Something Like Laughter

Psychic Spy

• 1,436 posts

• You want religious fundamentalism? I'll show you religious fundamentalism!

Posted 30 March 2005 - 03:11 PM

I'll start, where is the 10th Heaven located?
the book of enoch?

Did you become what you are so that you could hate?
Death to the World!
Orthodox Christian
Minarchist

#7    Hoagy

Hoagy

Gravediggers union - Local 138

• 2,443 posts

• "It is a happy man who is loved and liked by everyone..."

~ Ođinn, Hávamál

Posted 30 March 2005 - 04:03 PM

hmm, methinks Saucy won't reply to this...

unecessary thread!!!!

It hurts more on the inside...
Posted Image
Zombie survival tips....

#8    Master Oku

Master Oku

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 184 posts

• Thats why I'm the Master and your not!

Posted 30 March 2005 - 04:19 PM

Whoa, slow down people... theres a 10th heaven hmm.gif ? I didn't even know there was more than one ohmy.gif ! I bet it was really funny when God made 7th Heaven w00t.gif . lol

#9    Hoagy

Hoagy

Gravediggers union - Local 138

• 2,443 posts

• "It is a happy man who is loved and liked by everyone..."

~ Ođinn, Hávamál

Posted 30 March 2005 - 07:29 PM

there are actually more than that, in both positive and negative numbers, and that's not including the parallel invisible numbers that we don't know the names of.

It hurts more on the inside...
Posted Image
Zombie survival tips....

#10    _hAiLO_

_hAiLO_

Government Agent

• 3,777 posts

• "Yay! I'm gonna be sick!" -GIR

Posted 30 March 2005 - 07:33 PM

Man, this is like learning chemistry *holds head*

You may believe i'm a gullible fool, but look whos gullible now.

#11    distortedpandy

distortedpandy

Alien Abducter

• 5,291 posts

Posted 30 March 2005 - 07:35 PM

QUOTE(Hailo_hellFIRE @ Mar 30 2005, 03:33 PM)

View Post

lol!

#12    LoVer_Of_GoD

LoVer_Of_GoD

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted 30 March 2005 - 07:37 PM

my head hurts just reading this... owch!! headache... geez, we have a hard enough time understanding the first heaven, how are we gonna get the others?

#13    Loge

Loge

Psychic Spy

• 1,470 posts

• Lucifer (luci =light fer = fire) is the Guardian of the Door of Eden, who in hell is entrusted with the keys of Peter!

Posted 30 March 2005 - 07:59 PM

QUOTE(LoVer_Of_GoD @ Mar 30 2005, 02:37 PM)
my head hurts just reading this... owch!! headache... geez, we have a hard enough time understanding the first heaven, how are we gonna get the others?

View Post

My Webpage
rolleyes.gif

And he that overcomes, and keeps my works unto the end, to him will I give him (Lucifer) the morning star.

#14    Loge

Loge

Psychic Spy

• 1,470 posts

Posted 30 March 2005 - 08:04 PM

QUOTE(distortedpandy @ Mar 30 2005, 02:35 PM)

QUOTE(Hailo_hellFIRE @ Mar 30 2005, 03:33 PM)

View Post

lol!

View Post

Excuse me, are you Ashley-Star*Child's relative? tongue.gif

#15    saucy

saucy

Psychic Spy

• 1,534 posts

• Peter Piper picked a pack of pickled peppers.

Posted 30 March 2005 - 08:34 PM

The answer is...ding...ding...ding....

There aren't 10 heavens.  The bible only talks about three.  The first heaven is basically the earth's atmosphere.  Everything from the ground up to space.  Outer space and all it's enormousy is the second heaven and the third heaven is the place where God lives and where we will go when we die.  The bible only mentions three heavens.  Please show me where there are 10.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users