Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Knocking sound at point of falling asleep

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#1    earthchick

earthchick

Geek of the Forest

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts

• I have CDO - that's like OCD, only in alphabetical order, as it should be.

Posted 03 April 2005 - 11:51 PM

For many years now I've been experiencing this. I don't know if it means anything or not, but I am curious about it. It happens at least once a week, often more. I'll be just at that point where I am deliciously drifting off to sleep when I hear a knocking, always 3 raps, that sounds exactly like someone knocking on a wooden door. It seems to be right beside my ear. When it happens I come instantly fully awake again. Has anyone ever heard of this sort of thing? Could it be some sort of sleep/waking thing in the realm of sleepwalking? It doesn't frighten me or anything, just makes me curious.

Edited by earthchick, 03 April 2005 - 11:54 PM.

Posted Image

#2    Fluffybunny

Fluffybunny

Forum Divinity

• 14,136 posts

• "Of all the tyrannies that affect mankind, tyranny in religion is the worst."
    Thomas Paine

Posted 04 April 2005 - 12:29 AM

I have experienced a similar thing; sometimes it is knocking or banging...every once in a while it is a voice.

I think that it is a waking dream kind of situation when you are first falling asleep, similar to a hynogogic twitch, but with an auditory experience.

I would imagine there isn't much to it as it is fairly common...

Too many people on both sides of the spectrum have fallen into this mentality that a full one half of the country are the enemy for having different beliefs...in a country based on freedom of expression. It is this infighting that allows the focus to be taken away from "we the people" being able to watch, and have control over government corruption and ineptitude that is running rampant in our leadership.

People should be working towards fixing problems, not creating them.

#3    TheOriginalF

TheOriginalF

Psychic Spy

• 1,453 posts

• "Well I'm sorry dad, I won't live in your...microwave oven world any longer. You people have carpet on your hearts!"

Posted 04 April 2005 - 12:35 AM

QUOTE(Fluffybunny @ Apr 3 2005, 07:29 PM)
I have experienced a similar thing; sometimes it is knocking or banging...every once in a while it is a voice.

I think that it is a waking dream kind of situation when you are first falling asleep, similar to a hynogogic twitch, but with an auditory experience.

I would imagine there isn't much to it as it is fairly common...

View Post

Yup I recently was dealing with something similar, where every night when I was falling asleep I would feel as though I was being held down and couldn't move, I'd also hear people talking to me and such.  I actually talked to a friend of mine who is a Psychiatrist and he told me all about the the hypnogogic state. He also feels that a lot of alien abductions experinces can be attributed to the state as well but that is better left to another topic.

<center>"Christ! I work hard all day, I expect a normal ham meal, not, not--Voodoo pork!"<center>
<center>Posted Image<center>

<center>8th Degree of the Steel Circle: May intelligence, rationale, and logic reign. <center>

#4    Firestarter

Firestarter

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 40 posts

• .://Dedicated Pyro for 13 years//:.

Posted 04 April 2005 - 03:38 AM

Maybe its your heart after a TRIPPLE heart bypass!

Bum bum Ksshhhhh!

*leaves*

I WILL EAT YOUR SOUL AND DRINK YOUR FACE!!!
When will that be a good time for you? *Whips out a demon-tech PDA*

Tactical Shotgun or Recreational, which is better for hunting n00bs?

#5    earthchick

earthchick

Geek of the Forest

• 1,435 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 03:59 AM

FluffyBunny & TheOriginalF.........That sounds logical and sort of what I was thinking it might be. I didn't know the term for it, but now that I do I will do some further research. Thanks. original.gif

Posted Image

#6    forgotfel

forgotfel

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 210 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 02:22 PM

I've never experienced anything like that, but I would imagine it has something to do with the stage of sleep, whatever it is called, when you are about to fall asleep.  There must just be some sort of factor that produces that knocking in your head.  Do the 3 knocks repeat themselves over a few cycles or is it just one repetition?

"After there is great trouble among mankind, a greater one is prepared. The great mover of the universe will renew time, rain, blood, thirst, famine, steel weapons and disease. In the heavens, a fire seen." - Nostradamus

Terminus En

#7    Lesnar1990

Lesnar1990

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 02:20 AM

I experinced something like this sometimes when i'm almost asleep i hear someone whispering in my ear and the i awake fully.

#8    earthchick

earthchick

Geek of the Forest

• 1,435 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 02:25 AM

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum...ic=37589&st=0&#  forgotfel....As far as I'm aware it open does it the once and then I come fully awake.

Posted Image

#9    flyinghigh23

flyinghigh23

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 344 posts

• "Patience has no time limit" JB

Posted 05 April 2005 - 07:19 AM

Hi there,

I've heard strange noises too either right before I fall asleep, or right before I wake up.  One time I really thought someone was crinkling a newspaper by my head, and other times I've heard very clear voices.

I almost wonder sometimes if it's something like the beginning of astral travel.  I was once in a really deep meditative state to see what it was like, and I felt like I was detached from my body, and then I started to hear popping noises and got really dizzy.  Not knowing what was happening, I brought myself back by thinking about my body.

I have read that it's a sign that the soul is detaching from the body.  I would assume that a similar thing might happen when you are just as relaxed before falling asleep.  Whatever it is, it's always a little startling.

#10    Omnibus

Omnibus

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 159 posts

• I'm God's Ghost.

Posted 05 April 2005 - 03:13 PM

QUOTE(earthchick @ Apr 3 2005, 05:51 PM)
For many years now I've been experiencing this. I don't know if it means anything or not, but I am curious about it. It happens at least once a week, often more. I'll be just at that point where I am deliciously drifting off to sleep when I hear a knocking, always 3 raps, that sounds exactly like someone knocking on a wooden door. It seems to be right beside my ear. When it happens I come instantly fully awake again. Has anyone ever heard of this sort of thing? Could it be some sort of sleep/waking thing in the realm of sleepwalking? It doesn't frighten me or anything, just makes me curious.

View Post

hey i have just posted about this! the knocking noise i herd a knocking noise a couple of days ago and last night when ii woke up i'm in wyoming right now so it's real wierd because i herd it and no explaination for it just check out my topic/ post.

"Bang Bang" I shot U down
"Bang Bang" U hit the ground
"Band Bang" That Lovely sound
"Bang Bang" I still shoot u down

#11    Glitterfly

Glitterfly

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 09:52 PM

ME TOO!!!!
But it DOES freak me out. I get up all the time to check and see where it could have come from. It's bizarre.
hmm.gif

#12    fallingalien

fallingalien

Psychic Spy

• 1,178 posts

• UFOs are underneath the Solar Tide

Posted 11 April 2005 - 01:24 PM

could be bigfoot they do that.

Getting banner

#13    Cendari

Cendari

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 136 posts

• Philosophy is the love of wisdom, the art of wonder, and asking the tough questions.

Posted 14 April 2005 - 06:16 AM

It's happened to me a couple of times when I would begin to dose off.  It sounded like a door would slam shut.  I actually think it was the citing (sp)? on my house popping.  It does that when the outside temperature changes.  It was still freaky though.

Light accepted brings more light, light rejected deepens the night.  From a fellow philosopher.

#14    x o i s k

x o i s k

Psychic Spy

• 1,184 posts

• «Si escribo algo, temo que suceda, si amo demasiado a alguien temo perderlo; sin embargo no puedo dejar de escribir ni de amar». — Isabel Allende

Posted 15 April 2005 - 10:18 AM

I hear scrathing, never knocking

#15    JohnnyBoyC

JohnnyBoyC

Psychic Spy

• 1,367 posts

Posted 16 April 2005 - 08:57 PM

I sleep in my new bigger room in the basenment and the backdoor is solid wood and every night i hear 3 raps on the door right when i am about to sleep!!! I go over to the door and i look out there and nothing is there!!! And i have a motion sensor light on the other side of the door and whenever i hear the tapping the light is off when it should be on if anything is there! Do you have any clue what it is! This has been happing to me for years now! At the first case, i thought there was a person at my door in the middle of the night so i just pretended to be asleep (my bed is right infront of the door) then it happened again and wont stop! Plz help

Obviously if this many people are hearing it there is somthing happening. How many of you people that hear this are Psychics or Psions. The next time this happens I will try to use Telepathy at the door. To get a Kinetic Signature and recognize it. If i dont... then i dont want to know what it is.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users