Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Dinosaur:T-rex thigh tissue

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#31    snuffypuffer

snuffypuffer

Dandy Fop

• 11,038 posts

• Let's get happy!

Posted 30 September 2005 - 08:29 PM

The Bible, especially the Old Testament, wasn't even written down until it had already existed for centuries as part of an oral tradition. There's no telling how much it had been changed and embellished even before it was put on paper.

What was the original topic, again? dontgetit.gif

Nothing to see here.

#32    SilverCougar

SilverCougar

All hail the gods of Rum

• 10,873 posts

• The origonal Damneddirtytreehugging-
    paganhippiewerecougarrum pirate.

Posted 01 October 2005 - 09:27 AM

Even if there WAS viable DNA (which there isn't of course) I highly doubt modern cloning methods would be able to clone one anyway tongue.gif We've had a pickled thylasine for decades now, but nobody's cloning that.

Oddly.. I just watched Steve Irwin say, while on Animal Planet, say they were going to try and clone from that picked Thylasine...

huh.gif But this is Steve Irwin we're talking about.

Doctor_Strangelove: If only I lived in a world with no risk of piss tests. Then I could just sit here and
watch videos on angelfish and become one with nature.

#33    GreyWeather

GreyWeather

噢,这真是个快乐

• 6,407 posts

• If at first you don't succeed... cheat.

Posted 01 October 2005 - 10:13 AM

Oddly.. I just watched Steve Irwin say, while on Animal Planet, say they were going to try and clone from that picked Thylasine...

I bet when its been cloned, he's gonna tackle and say 'cor, look ats its nasty choppers. it almost took me arm off'

he tackles to many animals... and he says he's an animal lover - pfffft.

Posted Image

If nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do. The smallest act of kindness can be the greatest thing in the world.

#34    indeed

indeed

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

• The process of searching for a solution is more
    important than the solution itself.

Posted 02 October 2005 - 05:50 AM

Crikey, what a beauty she would be  laugh.gif

Seriously, they have tried and its not possible to clone a Tassy Tiger from the pickled pup at this point in time. The DNA is just to degraded sadly   sad.gif

#35    draconic chronicler

draconic chronicler

Majestic 12 Operative

• Banned
  • 6,229 posts

Posted 03 October 2005 - 12:37 PM

Maybe somewhere in the pickeled pup, like deep within the bone marrow there might be dna unaffected by the formaldahyde.  

Steve Irwin may "tackle" animals, but he doesn't turn them into fur coats or  handbags afterwards.  Yes, he is quite an exhibitionist but his work has done much to make certain wild animals, like crocs, far more tolerated, and even liked among the large segment of television watching humans.

Snuffy, I believe this topic strayed to the Bible because of the fundamentalist notion that T-Rex or similar theropod carnosaurs survived the "world flood" by riding in Noah's ark! -- which gave rise to "dragons" mentioned in the Bible after the flood, and other dragon legends.  I think it was meant  just to be a joke.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users