Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Atlantis

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1    Burgundy Johnson

Burgundy Johnson

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 25 May 2003 - 04:50 PM

Hey! Does anyone know anything about the great city Atlantis? I saw a documentary on it and that it is in Egypt or something? Can someone post a link or give me some info on it? rolleyes.gif  smile.gif                                                  

#2    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 20,286 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 25 May 2003 - 04:54 PM

Here you go Joe :

Click Here                                                  

#3    djdodo

djdodo

Poltergeist

• 2,747 posts

Posted 26 May 2003 - 08:34 AM

Here is another web site smile.gif

http://www.atlan.org/                                                  

<span style='color:pink'>Luv is unpredictable. luv's Blind!
Luv is like a Diamond, when it brakes it turns in to dust.
Dont buy luv with money, it never works</span>

#4    Duofrost

Duofrost

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 119 posts

• Given the choice; whether to rule a corrupt and failing Empire, or to challenge
    the fates for another throw, a better throw against one's destin

Posted 06 December 2003 - 11:21 AM

I like both of those site and i was wondering if anybody had anymore info im kinda of new the whole Atlantis myth and very intrested in learning more about thanks...

#5    Benjo Koolzooie

Benjo Koolzooie

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,619 posts

• Pink is like red but not quite...

Posted 06 December 2003 - 11:33 AM

Here is another site:

http://www.activemind.com/Mysterious/Topics/Atlantis/

Cherokee Warrior you've lost your battle that's for sure, but what you left behind is still shining.

#6    azazel

azazel

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 90 posts

• I have crossed Oceans Of Time ....... Bram Stoker's Dracula

Posted 06 December 2003 - 08:00 PM

I find the Indonesian theory challenging, it doesn't sound convincing.....just my opinion 'though. whistling2.gif

The wonderful thing about the Atlantis argument is that it has produced an endless string of books and arguments pointing to many different locations. Usually the arguments put forward extrapolate the evidence to fit around the particular aurthor's theory. For example......."beyond the pillars of Hercules" quoted by Plato always sparks off debate with scholars. There was an argument that the "Pillar of Hercules" actually shifted location in the ancient world and meant somewhere different for the Romans as compared to the Greeks. If we begin to look at such premises, then we can beging shifting the location from the Atlantic (beyond Gibraltar) to the pass into the Black Sea.

I think any study on Atlantis should stick to the written account of Plato, as it is the sole account on the legendary island. Ideas of flying saucers and nuclear power etc have been invented in the modern era.

There is also a current theory that points at a place off the coast of cyprus, which is another interesting argument. Here are some links :

http://www.discoveryofatlantis.com/welcomecyprus.htm

http://www.rense.com/general42/foratlantis...istrunright.htm

Alas, let's keep the debate alive. Atlantis will never die.

One thing is for sure; If Plato invented the story as has been suggested, then it is the Greatest Practical Joke in History  w00t.gif .........just look at the endless debate it has stirred.

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean......ST Coleridge

#7    LucidElement

LucidElement

Mystic Divinity

• 3,660 posts

• Imagination Is More Important Than Knowledge -Albert Einstein

Posted 21 September 2004 - 05:44 AM

i read in an article, that under the sphinx feet is maybe Atlanatis, it might be a far fetched idea, but they also said that survivors of atlantis, had something to do with the building of The Sphinx, because you know civilizations back then were so advanced, but people of Atlantis, were known to be the most advanced civilization of all time!!!! but if Atlanatis did exist, then you will definitly have survivors, and espically around the time of the pryamids.. so who knows!

"The Truth Is Out There, Its Up To Us To Find The Answers."

"Imagination Is More Important Than Knowledge." - Einstein

#8    Gabriel

Gabriel

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 07:41 PM

Some beleve that the Alantian called Thoth created the spinx and hid the compleet history of the world under the great image. The Hall of Records , some beleve it is there and some not.

#9    JTBob

JTBob

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 28 posts

• Remember, enlightenment is a function of willpower, not of physical strength.

Posted 24 September 2004 - 12:37 AM

I often question whether or not Atlantis existed simply because of the lack of evidence for it. Besides Plato's account, there are no surviving accounts of there being an advanced civilization beyond the Mediterranean Sea that was known by the Greeks. The only thing that makes me believe it is possible is the mounting evidence of trade between ancient Egypt and the Americas. Since Plato got the story from Socrates who in turned supposedly got it from an Egyptian priest it's possible that Atlantis could have been discovered by the Egyptians, who it appears may have been capable of transatlantic seafaring.

#10    ibeo

ibeo

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 September 2004 - 04:44 PM

If you are looking for fiction this isn't for you, but if you are intrigued by finding some evidence Plato was refering to an actual place when giving his exact messurments and discriptions of Atlantis this is a place to start looking: http://lindorm.com/atlantis

ibeo cat.gif

Attached Files

#11    TraJik

TraJik

Alien Embryo

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 September 2004 - 11:40 PM

Ya, i once read, that located under the sphinx was a vehicle capable of space travel, that was left behind for mankind to save him from his destruction.

One thing I thought of the other day, was maybe atlantis was not an actual place he was describing from the past, but maybe describing somewhere in the future? Atlantians were said to posess flying vehicles, as well as unprecidented technology. I think that it could very well be an account of present day america. A war of the future, or our demise in the future.

#12    Murdison

Murdison

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,854 posts

Posted 26 September 2004 - 10:34 AM

QUOTE(TraJik @ Sep 26 2004, 12:40 AM)
Ya, i once read, that located under the sphinx was a vehicle capable of space travel, that was left behind for mankind to save him from his destruction.

One thing I thought of the other day, was maybe atlantis was not an actual place he was describing from the past, but maybe describing somewhere in the future? Atlantians were said to posess flying vehicles, as well as unprecidented technology. I think that it could very well be an account of present day america. A war of the future, or our demise in the future.

View Post

Whoaaah! huh.gif This is Stargate stuff!!!

Posted Image

#13    Diminishedfaith

Diminishedfaith

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 26 September 2004 - 02:32 PM

maybe atlantis itself was a vehicle.....space or time travel maybe? and possibly they came back to save the oceans? maybe something on thier timeline happened in the oceans and they came back with atlantis, to go underwater and act as a filter  tongue.gif

well, just a speculation, i think the future prediction thing mentioned above sounds believable too....

#14    Sihan-sama

Sihan-sama

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 36 posts

• mobilis in mobili

Posted 26 September 2004 - 05:22 PM

The Cyprus - to Egypt - to Tenoschtitlan is the only true history about Atlantis. I'm in contact with the Sarmast team personally because my research resembles Platos dates and figures:

(see that thread for intro http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum...php/t17247.html )

user posted image

Atlantis sunk ~ 9600 BC (citing Sarmast) and Platon wrote about it 360 BC. The circular design went into the Torah as the "millstone in the head of Thor (the Sphinx)". According to the surface text of the hall (the genesis) the first city was adam (Atlantis, Eden), the second city was Seth (egypt) and the third city was Enoch (Mexico).

All seals I found so far puzzle together to the tree of seals:

user posted image

According to D.J., member of the atlantis team the bottom seal resembles aerial view of the atlantean acropolis.

More explanations, e.g. of the atlantean crown, and pictures on my page: http://otaku.onlinehome.de/gematria.html

cat.gif  cat.gif  cat.gif

Edited by Sihan-sama, 26 September 2004 - 05:29 PM.

The spirit of The Tribe is yours and mine.

#15    TooFarGone

TooFarGone

Blissfully Chaotic

• 3,682 posts

• I am chaos at its finest

Posted 26 September 2004 - 10:16 PM

There is also a theory that cuba may be Atlantis

Too / FarGone
TooFar_Gone
TooFa/ rGone
TooFarG_one
T_oo/FarGone