Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The Euro

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#16    odinsupreme

odinsupreme

Odin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

• Yes.

Posted 05 January 2002 - 10:38 PM

Homer,

You should really viste the Netherlands omnce i  your life. But not only the North also the south. In the North are only some polders (you know taken from the sea..) In the south are nice hills (small ones) and I live there!!! Mwahahahaha ;D

Odin Supreme 8)

#17    Magikman

Magikman

Most Exalted member of the first 15

• 6,280 posts

• "Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur"

Posted 05 January 2002 - 10:41 PM

GOOD LORD, THE WORLD REALLY IS FLAT!! :o

Please, make it stop, I want to get off!!!  :P

MAGIKMAN :D

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. ~ Carl Sagan

"...man has an irrepressible tendency to read meaning into the buzzing confusion of sights and sounds impinging on his senses; and where no agreed meaning can be found, he will provide it out of his own imagination." ~ Arthur Koestler

#18    odinsupreme

odinsupreme

Odin

• 1,097 posts

• Yes.

Posted 05 January 2002 - 10:58 PM

Magikman,

Didn't you knew that? ;D

Odin Supreme 8)

#19    Homer

Homer

Government Agent

• 3,814 posts

Posted 05 January 2002 - 11:02 PM

Odin,
I would never turn down the opportunity to visit NL. Unfortunately, unless I win the lottery, I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Homer[glow=color,strength,width]

אַ֭תָּה אֱלֹהֵ֣י יִשְׁעִ֑י

#20    odinsupreme

odinsupreme

Odin

• 1,097 posts

• Yes.

Posted 06 January 2002 - 10:39 AM

Homer,

Money, always money. It is the biggest problem anyone can have before you reach a certain point. Why not rob a bank? ;D

Odin Supreme 8)

#21    Tommy

Tommy

Psychic Spy

• 1,846 posts

Posted 09 January 2002 - 06:10 PM

Might I suggest the European Central Bank  ;D

Tommy  

"Superstition created all the gods and angels, all the devils and ghosts, all the witches, demons and goblins, gave us all the augurs, soothsayers and prophets, filled the heavens with signs and wonders, broke the chain of cause and effect, and wrote the history of man in miracles and lies" ~ Robert Green Ingersoll

#22    PurpleStuart

PurpleStuart

Goth

• 2,118 posts

• The Most Purple Haired Gothic Hedonistic member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps

Posted 12 January 2002 - 04:28 AM

Going back a few posts, i agree with all that Tommy has said, except that the British public would definatly vote against joining the euro. It would be close and probable that they would vote against but not definate.
A well written and researched post, thanks Tommy

never take me too seriously

#23    odinsupreme

odinsupreme

Odin

• 1,097 posts

• Yes.

Posted 12 January 2002 - 10:58 AM

The UK is forgetting one thing, the Tourists from Euro countries. The tourists will now go to countries with the euro so that they don't have to change there money. Humans are and always will be lazy creatures.

I bet that the Euro will rule in all the EU countries in 5 years!

ODin Supreme 8)

#24    PurpleStuart

PurpleStuart

Goth

• 2,118 posts

• The Most Purple Haired Gothic Hedonistic member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps

Posted 12 January 2002 - 12:07 PM

I'm willing to bet on that as well.

#25    dean-g

dean-g

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 165 posts

Posted 12 January 2002 - 05:50 PM

i don't mind what the currency's called, so long as it works.
and as for the sovereignty question, no country is immune to international economic trends. regardless of which currency it uses. (if the dollar sneezes, we all catch a cold.)

look behind you!!.........BOO!

#26    Tommy

Tommy

Psychic Spy

• 1,846 posts

Posted 14 January 2002 - 07:28 PM

Odin,
     I don’t think that not joining the Euro will have such a great effect on tourism in the UK from European countries. As you have already stated, “The British are known as people who stay on their island and only take care of their own business”  ;D

OK…so you say it bluntly, and no offence taken, ::) but nothing will change that with/without EU countries having the single currency.  The fact that we are an island makes us particularly unique from the rest of continental Europe, and so more of a exclusive holiday destination  :D (perhaps)

Dean-g, good point, but how does it relate to the sovereignty question? ???

Tommy

"Superstition created all the gods and angels, all the devils and ghosts, all the witches, demons and goblins, gave us all the augurs, soothsayers and prophets, filled the heavens with signs and wonders, broke the chain of cause and effect, and wrote the history of man in miracles and lies" ~ Robert Green Ingersoll

#27    Homer

Homer

Government Agent

• 3,814 posts

Posted 15 January 2002 - 05:03 AM

The global economy, with the advances of technology and the decrease in trade barriers, have made it impossible for nations to control, and to some extent, even influence their own currency. But that doesn't take away from the fact that to some people, their nation's currency sort of defines their nationality. Any thoughts on that?

Homer[glow=color,strength,width]

אַ֭תָּה אֱלֹהֵ֣י יִשְׁעִ֑י

#28    PurpleStuart

PurpleStuart

Goth

• 2,118 posts

Posted 15 January 2002 - 07:40 PM

Most definately - i think us Brits (in general of course) are the worst offenders in that respect.

#29    Tommy

Tommy

Psychic Spy

• 1,846 posts

Posted 15 January 2002 - 08:09 PM

Yeah Homer, I definitely agree with your second statement.

Tommy

#30    odinsupreme

odinsupreme

Odin

• 1,097 posts

• Yes.

Posted 15 January 2002 - 08:45 PM

Tommy,

Well, there is still Ireland to go to if you want to visite an island!  ;) And Tommy, my hands are still fine!! ;D

There is one country that beats all in "Staying out of other peoples business" and that are the Swiss.. The even aren't a Member of the EU. The most chauvenistic is France, they hate (in general offcourse) everything that is foreign except for the Euro.

Odin Supreme 8)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users