Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The Raelian Revolution

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16    Althalus

Althalus

Alien Abducter

• 4,906 posts

Posted 10 March 2002 - 12:15 PM

The Raelean's kind of got over half of there number arrested a while back, due to the fact that there leader said that the world would end in 2000, and a giant flying saucer would come and carry them off, when it did not happen they rioted and all got arrested.  Oh well there is always next year.

"We make choices everyday, some of them good, some of them bad. And - if we are strong enough - we live with the consequences."
— David Gemmell

#17    Althalus

Althalus

Alien Abducter

• 4,906 posts

Posted 10 March 2002 - 05:44 PM

here's an update on the raelian movement:

CLICK HERE

:s06

Edited by Magikman, 27 August 2006 - 12:36 AM.

"We make choices everyday, some of them good, some of them bad. And - if we are strong enough - we live with the consequences."
— David Gemmell

#18    NessyK

NessyK

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 10 March 2002 - 08:10 PM

Its as absurd as denigrating President Bush and then asking no one to get upset.

Magikman - your quote I believe.

Excuse me, but why is this absurd?  Do you follow any of his poilicies (especialy the foreign ones!) ? :sq :st

Raelians are definately a cult.  Perhaps it's because you Yanks are so used to seeing Hari Krishnas at the airport that you could think otherwise! :sj

(Gentle fun intended, not serious - honest!)

NessyK

#19    Magikman

Magikman

Most Exalted member of the first 15

• 6,280 posts

• "Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur"

Posted 11 March 2002 - 06:25 AM

NessyK,

Yes, that is my quote. It specifically addresses the highlighted statement made by Mr. X, which is abundently clear to anyone who cared to read it. The reference to President Bush was regarding an earlier comment he had made in another, completely different thread. Mr. X has a way of spouting highly irritating and controversial nonsense and then asks everyone not to get upset and/or offended. The thread in question was deleted by Daz the terminator, otherwise I would give you a link to it.  :s04  As an example, imagine your feelings if I were to say something like 'All Scottish men are skirt wearing pansies, by the way, I don't mean to offend anyone or start an argument.'  Understand the absurdity?

Even though it has nothing to do with the subject at hand, the answer to your question is yes, I am aware of Bush's foreign policy. What of it? and how does his policy and my yet to be stated feelings about it have anything to do with either this thread or the paranormal, for that matter?

I also travel quite a bit, and to tell you the truth I haven't seen any Hari Krishnas hanging out at any of the airports I've been to, unless they've all migrated to California.  :-/  Neither have I seen anyone disavow the Raelians being a cult in this thread. Except maybe for Mr. X, but he is Australian.

Magikman

* - Althalus, your link is the same as the one I posted earlier.

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. ~ Carl Sagan

"...man has an irrepressible tendency to read meaning into the buzzing confusion of sights and sounds impinging on his senses; and where no agreed meaning can be found, he will provide it out of his own imagination." ~ Arthur Koestler

#20    Althalus

Althalus

Alien Abducter

• 4,906 posts

Posted 11 March 2002 - 10:05 AM

is it?, ok then disregard it.

i thought it looked familiar. :-[

— David Gemmell

#21    Mr-X

Mr-X

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 582 posts

Posted 11 March 2002 - 04:12 PM

Hey magik, :s02

your still thinking of me, im flattered. :s6

I think the Raeliens are a cult.

magik, yes im from the great Oz(Aust), what  does that have to do with the subject. The Raeliens are in Quebec remember. Closer to you then me :s2

Magik, i think you know by now from reading my highly controversial posts :o that i am anti-Bush :s08.  To you he might be king, to me he's still a puppet (please dont get offended) :s04

X

Oh, you should never doubt what no one is sure about.
- Willy Wonka

#22    PurpleStuart

PurpleStuart

Goth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,118 posts

• The Most Purple Haired Gothic Hedonistic member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps

Posted 11 March 2002 - 07:29 PM

Maybe a new thread should be started about Bush as it doesn't have much relevance here - unless your suggesting he's a Raelian puppet  ;D

never take me too seriously

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users