Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Quiz

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#16    nativechick1989

nativechick1989

Forum Divinity

• 22,977 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 07:16 PM

Baha'i Faith.

#17    CharmedFan3

CharmedFan3

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts

• CHARMED
    PRUE.PIPER.PHOEBE,PAIGE

Posted 14 May 2005 - 06:30 PM

I got Neo Paganism

#18    antiaging

antiaging

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 14 May 2005 - 11:49 PM

The true religion that God accepts, real born again Christianity.
Taught in the King James version New Testament.

This religion suits me because this religion will allow a person to go to heaven.
I am afraid of going to hell, so I avoid all other religions, that are fake and lead to hell.

John 14:6   Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Matthew 7:13   Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide [is] the gate, and broad [is] the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
Matthew 7:14   Because strait [is] the gate, and narrow [is] the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

#19    girty1600

girty1600

MRS. FALCO

• 6,654 posts

• "Just because I don't care...... doesn't mean I don't understand!"

Posted 15 May 2005 - 02:06 AM

This kind of surprised me......
Taoism

•   Belief in Deity
The supreme being/ultimate truth is beyond words or any conceptual understanding. When asked to name it, it is referred to as Tao or the Way. The Power of the Way is referred to as Te. Although Tao and Te are similar to other practices' ideas of God, Taoists seldom refer to God.

• Incarnations
Taoism does not refer to any specific incarnation of God.

• Origin of Universe and Life
All matter is a manifestation of the Ultimate Reality. Generally, Taoist beliefs don't find modern scientific discoveries contradictory to Taoist thought; hence Fritjof Capra's "The Tao of Physics" is aptly named.

• After Death
Death has no particular meaning to Taoists.

• Why Evil?
To understand the Taoist notion of good and evil, it is important to distinguish between the "concept" of evil versus the "reality" of evil.

As a concept, Taoist do not hold the position of good against evil; rather they see the interdependence of all dualities. So when one labels something as a good, one automatically creates evil. That is, all concepts necessarily are based on one aspect vs. another; if a concept were to have only one aspect, it would be nonsensical.

The reality of good and evil is that all actions contain some aspect of each. This is represented in the t'ai chi, more commonly referred to as the yin-yang symbol. Any action would have some negative (yin) and some positive (yang) aspect to it. Taoists believe that nature is a continual balance between yin and yang, and that any attempt to go toward one extreme or the other will be ineffective, self-defeating, and short-lived. When people interfere with the natural balance by trying to impose their egoistic plans, they will not succeed; rather, the non-egoistic person allows nature to unfold, watching it ebb and flow from good to bad and back again.

Another way of understanding this is that the sage person understands the reality of good and evil, whereas the fool concentrates on the concept of good and evil. The sage knows that any evil will soon be replaced by good, the fool is forever fruitlessly trying to eliminate evil. Similar to the Buddhist concept of Sunyata ("the void"), good and evil are just empty conceptual abstractions that have no permanent independent existence.

• Salvation
Taoism is not a salvific practice. There is nothing that one needs to be saved from, and belief in salvation would lead to belief in damnation in the same manner as belief in good leads to belief in evil. Although they do not accept the false duality of salvation vs. damnation, living simply in harmony with Te and Tao, and not excessively pursuing material wealth, stature, or prestige, will lead to a joyful life.

• Contemporary Issues
Positions on abortion, homosexuality, divorce, nonviolence, and social-betterment programs are not unambiguously stated in the ancient texts. One might be able to derive a stance on these issues, but any such stance would be attenuated by the recognition that any stance is just a conceptual abstraction that has little usefulness.

Taoism would see expressing traditionally male and female roles as being in harmony. In some sects of Taoism, spiritual healing is practiced. Protecting nature is favored, though not by laws or injunction.

#20    santa

santa

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 07:08 AM

I am 100% Hindu & that's not coz' I was born one but because the real form of hinduism(vedic hinduism) is more open and flexible(I am not just saying this .I used to go to church & I also attended a muslim wedding).Besides religion to me is more about culture and ancestry than about God because every religion teaches you  the same things.In case you guys didn't hindus believe in monotheism(faith in one God).My religion suits me because I can be  a hindu and still read the Bible or go to Mecca.Freedom to do what you want instead of being bound by a system is what I like. Sure there are hindu extremists but don't extremists exist in every religion.

#21    AncientMyste

AncientMyste

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 19 May 2005 - 04:58 PM

100% Neo Pagan
I already knew that!

#22    Aquaryus

Aquaryus

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 136 posts

• Peaches...

Posted 24 May 2005 - 09:02 PM

I'm 100% Neo Pagan and 100% U.U... Ironically, the religion I was baptized into is my #5, Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (Lutheran)... And I thought I was a rebel  rolleyes.gif

"It lurks in the dark. Such an elusive beast. Silly we are to try and ignore creatures that have no place in the animal kingdom. Or do they? Ignorance or fear? You decide..."- Me

Posted Image

#23    Speckles9596

Speckles9596

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 29 May 2005 - 09:24 PM

100% Orthdodox Quaker. Hm, I have always been attracted to the way they live, and their belief on certain things.

• Belief in Deity
There is a Trinity of the Father (God), the Son (Christ), and the Holy Spirit that comprises one God Almighty. God is personal and incorporeal.

• Incarnations
Jesus Christ is God's only incarnation. God is manifest within all as the light. Jesus possessed the light to the highest degree and is "the Light" within.

The most orthodox Quakers hold to the authority of the Bible, and the book of Genesis--that God created all in less than seven days and less that 10,000 years ago. But many would maintain that a biblical "day" is not a literal 24 hours.

• After Death
Most orthodox Quakers believe in direct reward and punishment, heaven and hell, the second coming of Christ, and resurrection of the dead (similar to conservative Christian view).

• Why Evil?
Some Orthodox Quakers adhere to similar beliefs as conservative Christians--belief in original sin and Satan. Many believe that lack of awareness of God's divine light within, or rebellion against it, is the cause of wrongdoing, and that alienation from God leaves one vulnerable to temptation or Satan.

• Salvation
Some Friends (the formal name of the group) churches include rites of baptism and communion, but sacraments to God are most often considered to arise from inward experiences, a personal encounter with God, rather than church ritual. Salvation is found internally through union with Christ, the divine Light within all. Many Quaker churches, e.g. evangelical, believe similarly to Conservative Protestant, that salvation is a free gift from God, with faith, independent of good works. Yet moral behavior and good works are viewed as essential to showing faith and obedience to God. Good works, such as humanitarian service, social justice, and peace efforts, are an expression of Christian love. Simplicity and humility are viewed as essential to living a Christian life.

• Undeserved Suffering
The most orthodox Quakers maintain that Satan causes suffering. Suffering is allowed by God as part of His divine will and plan. Quakers focus on reducing human suffering, especially that caused by social injustice or violence.

• Contemporary Issues
Social-betterment programs and nonviolence are fundamental to Quakerism. Some Orthodox Quaker churches are very accepting of homosexuality, and others condemn it as contrary to God's will.

#24    sowegaMIB

sowegaMIB

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 115 posts

Posted 29 May 2005 - 10:49 PM

Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant was 100%
Liberal Quakers was 98%

hmm...

#25    Cigarette_Smoking_Man

Cigarette_Smoking_Man

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 27 posts

• Trust no one

Posted 30 May 2005 - 05:55 AM

I'm a Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant. No surprises there.

Best Regards,

Spender

#26    Anakim

Anakim

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 352 posts

• I look to the skies for my salvation. It keeps my mind off my present damnation!

Posted 30 May 2005 - 09:48 AM

THESE ARE MY RESULTS-

1.  Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (100%)  
2.  Christian Science (Church of Christ, Scientist) (80%)  
3.  Liberal Quakers (75%)  
4.  Unitarian Universalism (73%)  
5.  New Thought (72%)  
6.  Reform Judaism (69%)  
7.  Bahá'í Faith (68%)  
8.  Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant (67%)  
9.  Scientology (62%)  
10.  Neo-Pagan (58%)  
11.  Orthodox Judaism (57%)  
12.  New Age (56%)  
13.  Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (55%)  
14.  Mahayana Buddhism (53%)  
15.  Islam (52%)  
16.  Secular Humanism (52%)  
17.  Orthodox Quaker (49%)  
18.  Theravada Buddhism (47%)  
19.  Eastern Orthodox (46%)  
20.  Roman Catholic (46%)  
21.  Jehovah's Witness (44%)  
22.  Nontheist (44%)  
23.  Sikhism (44%)  
24.  Taoism (36%)  
25.  Hinduism (35%)  
26.  Seventh Day Adventist (35%)  
27.  Jainism (33%)  

Posted Image

#27    Starlyte

Starlyte

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,657 posts

• Wisdom begins in wonder.
    --Socrates

Posted 02 June 2005 - 06:55 PM

Neopagan 100%

Yep, this is definately me....

What Neo-Pagans Believe

Neo-Pagans are a community of faiths bringing ancient Pagan and magickal traditions to the modern age--including mostly Wicca but also Druidism, Asatru, Shamanism, neo-Native American, and more. Neo-Pagan is an umbrella term for various and diverse beliefs with many elements in common. Some Neo-Pagans find no incongruence practicing Neo-Paganism along with adherence to another faith, such as Christianity or Judaism.

• Belief in Deity
Some believe in a Supreme Being. Many believe in God and Goddess--a duality. Many believe there are countless spirit beings, gods and goddesses, in the cosmos and within all of nature--God is all and within all; all are one God. The Great Mother Earth, or Mother Nature, is highly worshipped. Divinity is immanent and may become manifest within anyone at any time through various methods.

• Incarnations
No human incarnations are worshipped in particular, as all of nature and the universe are considered embodiments of God and Goddess, or of gods and goddesses, worthy of respect, reverence, or worship.

Generally, there is no conflict between observations revealed through science and Neo-Pagan beliefs on origins of the physical universe and of man. Many believe in a supreme intelligence that created a duality of God/Goddess who then created a spirit world of gods and goddesses as well as all of the universe and nature.

• After Death
Many believe in reincarnation after some rest and recovery in the "Otherworld." There is generally no concept of hell as a place of punishment, but some believe wrongdoing can trap the soul in state of suffering after death. Some (Wicca) believe the soul joins their dead ancestors who watch over and protect their family. Some believe that life energy continues in some, if unknown, form. Some believe in various spiritual resting places. Many say we don't or can't know what happens after death.

• Why Evil?
"Evil" is imbalance. Most believe there is no evil but rather that people sometimes make mistakes. Wrongdoing results when we forget we are one with the universal spirit.

• Salvation
The concept of "salvation" is essentially irrelevant; rather the belief that people can attain spiritual balance and harmony with each other and nature. The path includes group ceremonies, dances, songs/chants, prayers, meditation, trance, altered states of consciousness, the metaphysical, magic, invoking or evoking deities or spirits, Tantric practices. Intercessors are commonly used: psychics, seers, shamans, tarot, Oui-Ja board. Ethical choices are influenced by a belief that one is rewarded or punished within this or after this lifetime for one's choices and an ethical code to do no harm.

• Undeserved Suffering
Most do not believe in Satan or any spirit being as the cause of suffering. Some believe in a karma-like principle, that choosing to live a life of wrongdoing and pain will naturally result in suffering in this or later lifetimes. Many view suffering as a result of spiritual imbalance in one's life or on the planet or in the universe. The focus is generally on healing suffering rather than answering definitively why it exists.

• Contemporary Issues
Abortion is not condemned, as there is no official doctrine; beliefs about abortion range the full spectrum. Views on divorce, homosexuality, and gender equality are generally very supportive of human differences, equality, and personal choice. Many believe that involvement in community action, especially regarding environmental concerns, is integral to the belief in human interdependence and worship of the Earth Mother.

The Earth has music for those who listen." - Shakespeare

Posted Image

#28    Sherapy

Sherapy

Sheri loves Sean loves Sheri...

• 24,803 posts

• "If one is to be thought acceptable and agreeable in society, one must submit to being taught the same lessons over and over again." --Hammer

Posted 23 June 2005 - 10:18 PM

The questions were geared toward their picks, I'm a Spiritual  Mystic  who doesn't do labels.

"God is what God is I can't change what God is (Love Joy Peace) But I can change the experience of God by what I Believe."  

"In the space beyond wrong doing and the space beyond right doing is a field I'll meet you there.                                Rumi 18th century Suffi poet

Edited by Sheri berri, 23 June 2005 - 10:20 PM.

#29    SnakeProphet

SnakeProphet

My dearest serpent

• 2,476 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 10:43 PM

Bahá'í Faith

Posted Image

Someone is gonna die if you listen to me.

I try to salvage thoughts long gone,
I am the mountain that dreams on.

I am the sea that longs for freedom.
lashing out towards my chains.

#30    TaintedDoughnuts

TaintedDoughnuts

Voted Most Original Username 2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts

• Moo.

Posted 24 June 2005 - 12:17 AM

I clicked random things and got Mahayana Buddhism sad.gif I wanted Shinto or Zen... Oh well grin2.gif  I'll still stick with Christianity though, thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users