Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Where did the Bible come from?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#16    sharkster

sharkster

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 15 May 2005 - 01:36 AM

QUOTE(Ashley-Star*Child @ May 4 2005, 02:34 AM)
The Bible may be cut to pieces, and changed but it's taken from the original first-hand accounts and I suggest you don't knock it if you believe in God at all.

This new idea that you can believe whatever way you want without paying any attention to what God has actually said (some parts may be opinions, they should be treated with a grain of salt). There is a Heaven, there is a Sheol (pergatory/Limbo - most people go there) there is a hell. Several levels of each. Pick one.

View Post

So, what did "God actually say"? I'd like to hear what "God" said and who "God" said it to? The very arguement that we must believe that "God" said what is claimed in the Bible just because a couple of guys claimed "God" said it is completely rediculous.

"Swiss Cheese on a sandwich may leave a pleasant taste in one's mouth, but Swiss Cheese in religions leaves the taste of dung in the mouth of humanity"

#17    sharkster

sharkster

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 15 May 2005 - 01:41 AM

QUOTE(Ashley-Star*Child @ May 4 2005, 04:53 AM)
Everyone's entitled to their own opinion. Not everything can be comprehened by all people. In fact, most people don't understand the Bible because of all those missing parts. But that's not a reason to discredit it just because you don't understand it.

View Post

Well, don't assume that because people discredit it, that they must not understand it. I had a moran in Yahoo chat debating the "Trinity" garbage...he said, "Don't blame me, God or the Bible just because you can't comprehend the Trinity"!

I understood the concept plainly, and gave him 2 popular versions of the so called "Trinity" and told him that I think it's rediculous. But, being the wise sheep he was, his poor reasoning skills led him to the conclusion that I must not comprehend it because I disagree with him. wacko.gif
no.gif
go figure...

"Swiss Cheese on a sandwich may leave a pleasant taste in one's mouth, but Swiss Cheese in religions leaves the taste of dung in the mouth of humanity"

#18    girty1600

girty1600

MRS. FALCO

• 6,654 posts

• "Just because I don't care...... doesn't mean I don't understand!"

Posted 15 May 2005 - 01:45 AM

Great post and topic, Boris. Welcome to UM and enjoy your stay! thumbsup.gif

#19    Amalgamut

Amalgamut

Government Agent

• 3,535 posts

Posted 15 May 2005 - 03:56 AM

QUOTE(JMPD1 @ May 4 2005, 09:00 PM)
I know where the bible came from:  Barnes & Noble.

See, it says so right on the receipt.

View Post

dude, you should have gotten it at wal-mart, it would have been hella cheaper. thumbsup.gif

remember my wise words next time.

Why tiptoe quietly through life just to arrive safely at death?

#20    Amalgamut

Amalgamut

Government Agent

• 3,535 posts

Posted 15 May 2005 - 04:06 AM

QUOTE(sharkster @ May 14 2005, 07:41 PM)
Well, don't assume that because people discredit it, that they must not understand it. I had a moran in Yahoo chat debating the "Trinity" garbage...he said, "Don't blame me, God or the Bible just because you can't comprehend the Trinity"!

View Post

question. what's a "moran?" blink.gif
I understood the concept plainly, and gave him 2 popular versions of the so called "Trinity" and told him that I think it's rediculous.

View Post

which is it? did you "understand the concept plainly?" or did you "think it's rediculous."
But, being the wise sheep he was, his poor reasoning skills led him to the conclusion that I must not comprehend it because I disagree with him. wacko.gif
no.gif
go figure...

View Post

well, he was probably right. you blocked everything out before the words you read entered your brain. yes.gif

#21    Amalgamut

Amalgamut

Government Agent

• 3,535 posts

Posted 15 May 2005 - 04:29 AM

QUOTE(sharkster @ May 14 2005, 07:36 PM)

So, what did "God actually say"? I'd like to hear what "God" said and who "God" said it to? The very arguement that we must believe that "God" said what is claimed in the Bible just because a couple of guys claimed "God" said it is completely rediculous.

View Post

w00t.gif  w00t.gif  a couple guys? rofl.gif

#22    Wishmaster

Wishmaster

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 May 2005 - 06:02 PM

QUOTE(Amalgamut @ May 15 2005, 05:06 AM)
well, he was probably right. you blocked everything out before the words you read entered your brain. yes.gif

The concept of the Trinity defies logic, was a third/fourth century invention, built on a vote and isn't supported by the Bible.  Nobody understands it simply because it's contradictory and therefore nonsensical.

Is the best you can do to refute someone on this board by picking them up on their incorrect spelling of a word??? Dear me. no.gif

Wishmaster.

#23    Amalgamut

Amalgamut

Government Agent

• 3,535 posts

Posted 16 May 2005 - 06:31 PM

QUOTE(Wishmaster @ May 16 2005, 12:02 PM)
The concept of the Trinity defies logic, was a third/fourth century invention, built on a vote and isn't supported by the Bible.  Nobody understands it simply because it's contradictory and therefore nonsensical.

View Post

Ok, tell me how its "contradictory" to the bible.
QUOTE(Wishmaster @ May 16 2005, 12:02 PM)
Is the best you can do to refute someone on this board by picking them up on their incorrect spelling of a word??? Dear me. no.gif

View Post

No, but when someone calls someone a "moran"  its irony at its best.

#24    Wishmaster

Wishmaster

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 May 2005 - 09:53 PM

QUOTE(Amalgamut @ May 16 2005, 07:31 PM)
Ok, tell me how its "contradictory" to the bible.

Trinitarians quote a number of verses to support their view.  Opposers quote contradictory verses.  There's little point in my posting a long list of verses from both sides of this argument as other people have already done so.  Google is your friend.

I was merely trying to make the point that for every believer, there's a non-believer, each with an equally valuable outlook.

Why is being called a "moran" ironic?  I don't understand.

Wishmaster

#25    Amalgamut

Amalgamut

Government Agent

• 3,535 posts

Posted 16 May 2005 - 11:09 PM

QUOTE(Wishmaster @ May 16 2005, 03:53 PM)
Why is being called a "moran" ironic?  I don't understand.

Wishmaster

View Post

he was meaning to say "moron."

when you call someone a name, you better at least spell it correctly. otherwise you look like the word you are using yourself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users