Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Megalodon in captivity?

• Please log in to reply
372 replies to this topic

#31    Conspiracy

Conspiracy

Poltergeist

• 3,074 posts

• "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein

Posted 03 May 2005 - 08:56 PM

QUOTE(openmind1963 @ May 3 2005, 02:51 PM)
there maybe caves that support all kinds of life down that deep,and even places for them to obtain air and warmth!
user posted image

View Post

good point original.gif

Posted Image

#32    dragonlady_mothman

dragonlady_mothman

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,745 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 08:57 PM

go read the books, guys.  it explains all of that.

good books, too.  * wub.gif snoogles Megalodon...after tying a muzzle around it, of course yes.gif *

Edited by dragonlady_mothman, 03 May 2005 - 09:02 PM.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#33    dragonlady_mothman

dragonlady_mothman

Psychic Spy

• 1,745 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 11:39 PM

six hundred and sixty-six views...

weird.

#34    Undefined_innocence

Undefined_innocence

Psychic Spy

• 1,036 posts

• If today is the first day of the rest of my life, im in for a hell of a ride.

Posted 04 May 2005 - 01:38 AM

QUOTE(Conspiracy @ May 3 2005, 03:29 PM)
purple shark with neon green pokedots? hhahahahaha that sounds bogus lol, hasnt there been more claims of a giant ghostly white shark than a purple with neon green dots? tongue.gif

View Post

Ahhhh... but what do you think when someone first found the whale shark? ITs  hugantic!!!.. and its not agressive. And look at its beautiful colors.
                      Like a cheeta almost
And the tiger shark
                    Beautiful stripes.
And what about the hammerhead?
                   If noone knew about that.. and someone came back saying" OMH i seen a shark that looked like it had a bench for a head!"
everyone would have thought him nus.
So.. why not a purple shark with green spots?

Posted Image

#35    dragonlady_mothman

dragonlady_mothman

Psychic Spy

• 1,745 posts

Posted 04 May 2005 - 01:42 AM

coral musta been really wild back then, or else it would stick out like twelve sore thumbs.

#36    Megalodon

Megalodon

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 22 posts

• I want to believe

Posted 04 May 2005 - 06:03 AM

yeah i'v read all three of the books and enjoyed them and look forward to see the movie and he says he's going to write a forth book oh and the bit about the sightings with the huge, yellow and green shark with spots, heres the link to those stories and a few other stories.  It's quite good, sorry if this link has been given before but anyway take a look at it.  I think the crayfish fishermen story is a good one to back up the theory about the existence of the carcharodon megalodon but the one about the purple and green shark with spots sounds to me a lot like a whale shark but the sonar records give a bit more life to the theory as there are not many explanations of what those objects could be.  Heres the link

New evidence

#37    Conspiracy

Conspiracy

Poltergeist

• 3,074 posts

• "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein

Posted 04 May 2005 - 06:13 AM

QUOTE(Undefined_innocence @ May 3 2005, 07:38 PM)
QUOTE(Conspiracy @ May 3 2005, 03:29 PM)
purple shark with neon green pokedots? hhahahahaha that sounds bogus lol, hasnt there been more claims of a giant ghostly white shark than a purple with neon green dots? tongue.gif

View Post

Ahhhh... but what do you think when someone first found the whale shark? ITs  hugantic!!!.. and its not agressive. And look at its beautiful colors.
                      Like a cheeta almost
And the tiger shark
                    Beautiful stripes.
And what about the hammerhead?
                   If noone knew about that.. and someone came back saying" OMH i seen a shark that looked like it had a bench for a head!"
everyone would have thought him nus.
So.. why not a purple shark with green spots?

View Post

still i dont see a purple shark with neon green dots tongue.gif

Posted Image

#38    Vallheru

Vallheru

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 225 posts

• Use the fork Luke...use the fork.

Posted 04 May 2005 - 10:21 AM

QUOTE(Megalodon @ May 4 2005, 06:03 AM)
yeah i'v read all three of the books and enjoyed them and look forward to see the movie and he says he's going to write a forth book oh and the bit about the sightings with the huge, yellow and green shark with spots, heres the link to those stories and a few other stories.  It's quite good, sorry if this link has been given before but anyway take a look at it.  I think the crayfish fishermen story is a good one to back up the theory about the existence of the carcharodon megalodon but the one about the purple and green shark with spots sounds to me a lot like a whale shark but the sonar records give a bit more life to the theory as there are not many explanations of what those objects could be.  Heres the link

New evidence

View Post

Was about to make the remark about whale sharks, when I read Meg's piece.
Whale sharks are so big and slow-moving that you can easily locate them (and their nice looking spots). If you know their migrating patterns of course.
But, a spotted predator in the ocean is not a very good idea if you know what I mean. Anything with spots you can pin-point immediately.
And since we got to shark colouring, I'd like to mention that I don't find any reason why a meg should be white. Great whites are not white (they have a white belly). Can't see why nature would make a fluorescent predator, one that every prey can see from miles away. So that is definately a mistaken assumption.

On the whole issue, again, I have not seen a solid proof, so unfortunately (I'd love them to exist, I admit...) for the time being I have to be a "sceptic".

#39    dragonlady_mothman

dragonlady_mothman

Psychic Spy

• 1,745 posts

Posted 04 May 2005 - 10:27 AM

in the book, the megs were florescent beacuse they lived where there was no light, so they made their own.  

the spots might be there to mimic the dapple-pattern you get when light shines through water....but that would be a shallow-water critter, wouldnt it?

#40    dragonlady_mothman

dragonlady_mothman

Psychic Spy

• 1,745 posts

Posted 04 May 2005 - 10:30 AM

Zane Grey, a famous author at that time and his son Loren was deep-sea fishing off Rangiroa Island. Glancing over the boat´s railing, Zane Grey spotted an enormous "yellow and green shark with a square head, immense pectoral fins and a few white
spots". According to Zane the shark was "considerably longer than my boat, conservatively between 35 and 40 feet". Some New Zealand fishermen aboard who also saw the great shark agreed with Grey’s estimate.

from the "new evidence" page

#41    Sunlit_Coyote

Sunlit_Coyote

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 214 posts

• Every evening I turn my worries over to God. He's going to be up all night anyway.”

Posted 04 May 2005 - 10:35 AM

could be a bottom  feeder Like Plecostomus  <-cant spell lol  the thing looks like a shark has spots and can can be certain colors as to what are eating. ???? I DONT KNOW !! *L*

Attached Thumbnails

• plec3.jpg

Sunlit***

#42    Vallheru

Vallheru

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 225 posts

• Use the fork Luke...use the fork.

Posted 04 May 2005 - 10:41 AM

QUOTE(dragonlady_mothman @ May 4 2005, 10:30 AM)
Zane Grey, a famous author at that time and his son Loren was deep-sea fishing off Rangiroa Island. Glancing over the boat´s railing, Zane Grey spotted an enormous "yellow and green shark with a square head, immense pectoral fins and a few white
spots". According to Zane the shark was "considerably longer than my boat, conservatively between 35 and 40 feet". Some New Zealand fishermen aboard who also saw the great shark agreed with Grey’s estimate.

from the "new evidence" page

View Post

Again, that fits more or less the description of a whale shark, no?

#43    AnimangaBloodThorn

AnimangaBloodThorn

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

• Ashes to ashes, gas can to matches.

Posted 04 May 2005 - 10:55 AM

I like some of the points he made in the beginning, but I seriously doubt that a megaladon is alive in captivity. I believe that they may be out there in the ocean somewhere, but not in captivity. Besides, the pictures look pretty fake...but it was interesting!

<center>Energizer bunny arrested, charged for battery.
If you are psychic, think "HONK."
If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished.
Health is merely the slowest possible rate at which you can die.

'Welcome to the Doomsday Fan club and come on in and get blown to pieces with the rest of us!'

Nightwatcher-Conspiracy-AnimangaBloodThorn</center>

#44    Conspiracy

Conspiracy

Poltergeist

• 3,074 posts

Posted 04 May 2005 - 04:53 PM

ya those pics do look fake

Posted Image

#45    dragonlady_mothman

dragonlady_mothman

Psychic Spy

• 1,745 posts

Posted 04 May 2005 - 07:16 PM

QUOTE(Conspiracy @ May 4 2005, 11:53 AM)
ya those pics do look fake

View Post

THEY ARE FAKE!!

It's a promotional webbie for his book, The Trench.  That's how i learned about those three, Meg, The Trench, and Meg: Primal Waters in the first place.  i stumbled across there, for a second or two thought it was a spoof of some conspiracy theory or another, then realized it was an advertisement for a book, went out and bought the book.  

the books are good.  go read them!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users