Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Human future

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#16    djdodo

djdodo

Poltergeist

• 2,747 posts

Posted 14 June 2003 - 01:01 PM

What I know is that Humans are getting shorter .. when humans were created, they were very tall, about 10 meters or even more ..  and they used to live for more than 3000 years .. but with time, humans became shorter and now they only live for about 120 years or less .. and they are not very tall any more  unsure.gif
I think that this is the way humans will vanish ..   whistling.gif
Maybe they will get smaller and smaller till there are no more humans .. lol  laugh.gif                                                      

<span style='color:pink'>Luv is unpredictable. luv's Blind!
Luv is like a Diamond, when it brakes it turns in to dust.
Dont buy luv with money, it never works</span>

#17    Bloated Corpse

Bloated Corpse

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 14 June 2003 - 01:08 PM

QUOTE (djdodo @ Jun 14 2003, 05:01 AM)
What I know is that Humans are getting shorter .. when humans were created, they were very tall, about 10 meters or even more ..  and they used to live for more than 3000 years .. but with time, humans became shorter and now they only live for about 120 years or less .. and they are not very tall any more  unsure.gif
I think that this is the way humans will vanish ..   whistling.gif
Maybe they will get smaller and smaller till there are no more humans .. lol  laugh.gif

My experiences have shown that the tendancy of human growth fluctuates between tall and short. Each generation has it's own limits on growth, factors such as nutrition, excersize and the growth spurts tend to play a big role in the development of height.

Where is the proof that humans have lived a continuous life span of 3000 years?

How can a human being vanish from becoming short?

blink.gif
Please give proof because this is coming from way out of no where.                                                      

Wabi Sabi

Wabi-sabi is the quintessential Japanese aesthetic.

It is a beauty of things imperfect, impermanent and incomplete.
It is a beauty of things modest and humble.
It is a beauty of things unconventional.

#18    Althalus

Althalus

Alien Abducter

• 4,909 posts

Posted 14 June 2003 - 01:12 PM

Life spans of 3000 years sounds like it is coming from the Qo-ran (*sp.).                                                      

"We make choices everyday, some of them good, some of them bad. And - if we are strong enough - we live with the consequences."
— David Gemmell

#19    Bloated Corpse

Bloated Corpse

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 14 June 2003 - 01:19 PM

There we go a semi-undeniable-unproovable source. LOL.  laugh.gif                                                      

Wabi Sabi

#20    Kimm

Kimm

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 14 June 2003 - 01:35 PM

djdodo,

dont you think you are exagerating just a little bit??
10 metres is realy high!!! where did people live???
and 3000 years, that is a long time!! think on how many people there would be!!!!!

I think that you might be mixing humans and anukai toghether!!!! amny people think that the anukai where the creators of the human race but not that they actually where humans!!!! And the reason that they lived as long as they did was that they drank a special cind of tea that they made from the leavs of a tree that they had brought from there home planet (nibiru)!!!

where did you get this information from anyway??   wacko.gif

wub.gif                                                      

Knowledge is power

#21    djdodo

djdodo

Poltergeist

• 2,747 posts

Posted 14 June 2003 - 01:52 PM

Well .. I don't have proff ((Bloated Corpse)) .. but I have heard alot about this stuff ..  original.gif
And I have visited graves of many prophets .. they are very long .. really .. I don't have a picture of one now .. but if I found one .. I will post it ..   original.gif
And that Humans shrink and disappear .. well this was only my opinion grin2.gif                                                      

<span style='color:pink'>Luv is unpredictable. luv's Blind!
Luv is like a Diamond, when it brakes it turns in to dust.
Dont buy luv with money, it never works</span>

#22    Space Moose

Space Moose

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 14 June 2003 - 03:05 PM

QUOTE (Bloated Corpse @ Jun 14 2003, 12:49 PM)
QUOTE (Space Moose @ Jun 13 2003, 12:50 PM)
Remember kids, a bigger brain means a bigger pelvis.  Without one, the babies don't make it out.  

Just means a lot more cesarean sections being performed.

Sounds good for anyone who has access to a decent hospital - but what about those who don't?

#23    Space Moose

Space Moose

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 14 June 2003 - 03:12 PM

QUOTE (djdodo @ Jun 14 2003, 01:01 PM)
What I know is that Humans are getting shorter .. when humans were created, they were very tall, about 10 meters or even more ..  and they used to live for more than 3000 years .. but with time, humans became shorter and now they only live for about 120 years or less ..

That is just wacky stuff.  There is no evidence of any early human living anywhere near 10 meters tall (about 30 feet) - the closest they got was probably somewhere around 2 meters (6 feet), just like us.

There is also no evidence that any ancestor lived more than 100 years, outside of a religious text or other folk story that is.

Furthermore, 300 years ago (we'll just pick that as an example) human populations were much shorter as a whole and also had a lower life expectancy.  How does this recent trend towards being bigger and living longer work into your theory?                                                      

#24    Aslan

Aslan

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts

• Scariest Member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps

Posted 14 June 2003 - 04:31 PM

The grave of a prophet that's 10metres long?

Are you sure someone hadn't just laid a gas pipe?

#25    Bloated Corpse

Bloated Corpse

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 14 June 2003 - 10:59 PM

QUOTE (Space Moose @ Jun 14 2003, 07:05 AM)
QUOTE (Bloated Corpse @ Jun 14 2003, 12:49 PM)
QUOTE (Space Moose @ Jun 13 2003, 12:50 PM)
Remember kids, a bigger brain means a bigger pelvis.  Without one, the babies don't make it out.  

Just means a lot more cesarean sections being performed.

Sounds good for anyone who has access to a decent hospital - but what about those who don't?

Not to be one that goes against all humankindness. But, there are other factors at play here. In the under developed nations where the biggest problems tend to be disease starvation and unclean water. Those factors themselves will limit the body size of a baby being born, a big head wouldn't be as much trouble if the mother and baby were to be malnurished to the point where the baby is a premature size.                                                      

Wabi Sabi

#26    Nancy

Nancy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 15 June 2003 - 12:00 AM

huh.gif  Every once in a while, when I wander in here? I could swear I
hear Rod Serling whispering in my ear..."Yes, you have entered The Twilight Zone".....

People are getting shorter? Hmmm, well? I can only speak from knowledge of the population in the US, since I've never had the privilege of traveling abroad. Take a peek in a History book (if there are any still around) and wander back to the 1700's.  

Ceilings were lower, doorways smaller. Ask George Washington how he managed to get upstairs at his headquarters at Valley Forge. He was UNUSUALLY tall for the time period, just a tad over 6'.... However? Martha was tiny, barely 4'..... Her shoes were no more than 4" long.

Thomas Jefferson was also a hefty fellow, considering the majority of the population. La Fayette, on the other hand was REALLY short.

Washington and Jefferson were wealthy plantation/land owners with the advantage of decent food and shelter. Needless to say, genetics play a part in this as well.

Average age? In their 40's if lucky. Disease was rampant, antibiotics not invented until the 1930's. Long cold winters and unbearable summers.

Many women did not even survive childbirth and leeching was very popular (ugh)!

As argriculture and medicine improved, so did the people.

As for 'growing teeth'   (?) We do! Baby teeth fall out, adult teeth arrive. Then? It's up to YOU to keep em safe. However? In the event you are not fortunate to keep them? At least you can put the replacements in a glass.

On reflection? I really am more concerned for the PRESENT and will leave the FUTURE of Humans to those who will be here. Dang if I care to live to be 1,000...... at least not THIS lifetime  wink.gif                                                      

dying is easy ... tis the living that's hard...

#27    Delacorr

Delacorr

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 241 posts

Posted 15 June 2003 - 01:29 AM

Shaq is evidence that this theory is not true...                                                      

#28    Space Moose

Space Moose

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 15 June 2003 - 04:39 AM

Not to be one that goes against all humankindness. But, there are other factors at play here. In the under developed nations where the biggest problems tend to be disease, starvation and unclean water. Those factors themselves will limit the body size of a baby being born, a big head wouldn't be as much trouble if the mother and baby were to be malnurished to the point where the baby is a premature size.

Certianly this is true, however, H. erectus probably didn't have it all that easy, yet their brains increased into H. heidelbergensis at the point of evolution.  

We are probably not due for a change anytime soon (yes, Homo sapiens will eventually disappear) but our ancestors have a track record of getting bigger as a whole, not just parts of us.

If those who live in underdeveloped nations don't see a reversal in their situation, well, they just won't make the cut.

Edit: fixed quote                                                      

Edited by Tommy, 15 June 2003 - 10:36 AM.

#29    Bloated Corpse

Bloated Corpse

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 15 June 2003 - 06:24 AM

QUOTE (Space Moose @ Jun 14 2003, 08:39 PM)
[QUOTE=Bloated Corpse,Jun 14 2003, 10:59 PM][QUOTE]
Not to be one that goes against all humankindness. But, there are other factors at play here. In the under developed nations where the biggest problems tend to be disease, starvation and unclean water. Those factors themselves will limit the body size of a baby being born, a big head wouldn't be as much trouble if the mother and baby were to be malnurished to the point where the baby is a premature size.
[/QUOTE]
Certianly this is true, however, H. erectus probably didn't have it all that easy, yet their brains increased into H. heidelbergensis at the point of evolution.  

We are probably not due for a change anytime soon (yes, Homo sapiens will eventually disappear) but our ancestors have a track record of getting bigger as a whole, not just parts of us.

If those who live in underdeveloped nations don't see a reversal in their situation, well, they just won't make the cut.

But no matter, my point about cesarean sections becoming the delivery of choice. Someone may not live close to a hospital, but the transportation is constantly evolving so that it would be possible to get those expectant mothers to the care they need.                                                      

Wabi Sabi

#30    Space Moose

Space Moose

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 15 June 2003 - 10:01 AM

QUOTE (Bloated Corpse @ Jun 15 2003, 06:24 AM)

But no matter, my point about cesarean sections becoming the delivery of choice. Someone may not live close to a hospital, but the transportation is constantly evolving so that it would be possible to get those expectant mothers to the care they need.

We have covered a similar topic elsewhere, but to sum up, transport sometimes fails us greatly.  As a general rule, culture will not replace evolution.

Regardless, even if the C-section argument is conceded, it does nothing to fix weight distribution problems with a larger head and smaller limbs.                                                      

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users