Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Human future

I have found this (actually on my ovn site tongue.gif)

Human Future

Humans will have big heads (brains), spindly limbs (disuse), bald heads (in progress), and no wisdom teeth or little toes (vestigial)?

Some scientists have researched that in the future we humans will have bigger heads (bigger brains). It will take around a million years for us to adapt this 'gift'. So im sure many of us will not be around to see it. Im guessing you have seen pictures of aliens, cartoons or photos. You may have noticed that what makes them look like aliens are their large heads. So may be in the future, we may become like out fat headed friend out there, i cant help imagining it could be humans visiting from the future... May be, but we will never know... Also some scientists believe that we may also evolve spindly limbs, bald heads, tiny toes and not grow any wisdom teeth.

1,000,000 years from now, what will we humans be eating?

Primates have been termed "an order of omnivores," and in this we are super-primates. Would a chimp taken on a whirlwind restaurant tour warm up to our staggering array of cuisines, from seafood to beef to rice to cheese? Maybe. The chimp would certainly be capable of eating most of these. But the chimp wouldn't have access to them! Our technology for procuring, cutting, cooking, storing and transporting foods gives us control over our environment a chimp in the wild couldn't dream of. "So, what will we humans be eating in 1,000,000 years? Anything we want!"

Human behavior in 1,000,000

The village cats are leaving with their kittens, horses are stampeding, cows are breaking out of barns, rats are roaming the streets in broad daylight, birds are singing at the wrong time of day? This could happen in the future! Such behaviors have been reported for centuries as precursors to earthquakes or volcanic eruptions, says zoologist John Downer in "Supersense." The animals may sense electrical changes in the air as rocks are stressed. Birds and elephants may hear the low-frequency rumblings-- inaudible to humans--of a quake on the way; snakes, keen to surface vibrations, may feel the tiny pre-tremors. Dogs too have this sort of emergency ESP--extra- sensitive perception--and stories abound of their heroism in wresting their special people out of bed before an earthquake or tornado hits, says "Exploring" magazine. Untrained dogs have also been known to warn their epileptic masters of an imminent seizure, up to an hour in advance and by one tally of family members, with 97 percent accuracy!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bloated Corpse

• Space Moose

• Kimm

• Homer

Some scientists have researched that in the future we humans will have bigger heads (bigger brains). It will take around a million years for us to adapt this 'gift'.

How is having a bigger head a gift? If you're implying the bigger brain is our gift, wouldn't it be a better gift if we could just utilize our entire brain with it's current size huh.gif

Just a thought

Kimm, where did that little lot from?

It's not the most scholarly investigation into the evolutionary future of humanity, is it?

Of course it is, Aslan

God himself is probably baffled by the complexity of this research

Quick question, why not grow any wisdom teeth, I would have thought that one neat evolutional advantage would be permanently re-growing teeth, like sharks have.

A reason why I say that would be a good idea, is that a few years ago I had most of my front teeth knocked out, thanks to a brain-dead idiot. And I now have caps on the front lot. It wold be an advantage to be able to regrow them.

And when you say that some scientists have decided that in the future we will all have bigger heads... and it will take around a million years for this to happen, and then you go on make the sad assertion that "many of us will not be around to see it."

What percentage of us, in your opinion, WILL be around to see it?

I mean, are we talking about only 5 or 10% of us who will be lucky enough to live a million years, or is the number even lower? As low as 2%?

Of course it is, Aslan

God himself is probably baffled by the complexity of this research

ha ha Homer, very funny, lets just drop it,ok? it is geting old!!

and Aslan I have no idea about what you are talking about!!

i agree with Homer. humans don't need a bigger head, we just need to utilize our present ones.

i see humanity becoming more beautiful in the future. you can see evolution in beauty from generation to generation- people just seem to look better than their parents did. this is not always the case, but more often than not it is.

all this talk about not using arms and legs in the future is nonsense. look at models- they use their bodies for sexuality. i foresee that trend continuing. even without work, people would still desire healthy and strong bodies. makes for better sex and that is the driving force of youth. humanity will never give up sex, so we will never give up our bodies.

people will start to look more similar for a time as more and more races intermarry; however, i believe that certain traits will develop that are desirable to certain groups and we will see a diversification of races again- although never rivaling the diversity we have today. there may be some groups that resist intermarrying, but i believe the effect will be achieved through gradual intermarrying with children of intermarried couples and members of the present races of mankind. for example, some may find interracial marriages offensive, but they might not find marrying the offspring of an interracial marriage to be offensive. as people become more similar looking through these types of marriages, the social norms will change. for example, the ideal beauty will shift from blonde haired, blue eyed (hey, its not my ideal anyways but i think its the ideal represented by contemporary society) to a beauty that represents more of the masses. fringe groups will be pressured to acquire traits that will make them more beautiful, thus promoting interracial marriages in an attempt to fit into the norm. various varieties of olive skinned people will develop and from there, we will see certain traits that become the standards of beauty. i think most of mankind will become one particular olive tone eventually- with a few groups of people committed to perpetuating the races as we know them today. people will still look very different from one another as a result of recessive genes that periodically produce a child unlike the parents. i believe the different eye colors will persist, as will different facial features and some unique traits.

people will be most definitely smarter, but more importantly people will be even more human. at some point in our future, we will embrace our humanity over our technology and experience some kind of a social revolution in thinking. i can see AI becoming reality, as we hand over our daily grind to machines and large recreational classes develop. people will work much less and spend more time enjoying life. education will shift from IQ to EQ, as it becomes much more important for a person to be balanced emotionally and spiritually than to be a good employee. crime will decrease as people seek to marry based on judging a person's emotional character. unstable individuals who act improperly will be shunned and an elitist core of moral intellectuals will shape society. you will be judged on your human qualities and character in everyday life.

anyways, that's some of my idea of it. i will save the others for my book original.gif

actually I did not write that. But I asked the person who wrote it if I could use it and he sayd that it was ok. I jst thought that it might have been interesting!!!

Kimm,

Part of the title of this thread specifically states 'might be true', so we know you aren't arguing about facts here, and are merely posting a possibility. There is nothing wrong with that, and actually this is an old theory.

We are just having a little fun, that is all, so please don't take our sarcasm personally original.gif

Remember kids, a bigger brain means a bigger pelvis. Without one, the babies don't make it out.

As it is, a human baby's head is (on average) 102% the size of the pelvic opening. Ask any of the lovely ladies around here what there thoughts would be on a baby having a head 115% the size of the pelvic opening.

And just how do these scientists propose that we support bigger heads and pelvises with smaller limbs?

Remember kids, a bigger brain means a bigger pelvis. Without one, the babies don't make it out.

As it is, a human baby's head is (on average) 102% the size of the pelvic opening. Ask any of the lovely ladies around here what there thoughts would be on a baby having a head 115% the size of the pelvic opening.

And just how do these scientists propose that we support bigger heads and pelvises with smaller limbs?

Just means a lot more cesarean sections being performed.

Maybe it's a hospital conspiracy to make more money from all those needed cesareans. laugh.gif

What I know is that Humans are getting shorter .. when humans were created, they were very tall, about 10 meters or even more .. and they used to live for more than 3000 years .. but with time, humans became shorter and now they only live for about 120 years or less .. and they are not very tall any more unsure.gif

I think that this is the way humans will vanish .. whistling.gif

Maybe they will get smaller and smaller till there are no more humans .. lol laugh.gif

What I know is that Humans are getting shorter .. when humans were created, they were very tall, about 10 meters or even more .. and they used to live for more than 3000 years .. but with time, humans became shorter and now they only live for about 120 years or less .. and they are not very tall any more unsure.gif

I think that this is the way humans will vanish .. whistling.gif

Maybe they will get smaller and smaller till there are no more humans .. lol laugh.gif

My experiences have shown that the tendancy of human growth fluctuates between tall and short. Each generation has it's own limits on growth, factors such as nutrition, excersize and the growth spurts tend to play a big role in the development of height.

Where is the proof that humans have lived a continuous life span of 3000 years?

How can a human being vanish from becoming short?

blink.gif

Please give proof because this is coming from way out of no where.

djdodo,

dont you think you are exagerating just a little bit??

10 metres is realy high!!! where did people live???

and 3000 years, that is a long time!! think on how many people there would be!!!!!

I think that you might be mixing humans and anukai toghether!!!! amny people think that the anukai where the creators of the human race but not that they actually where humans!!!! And the reason that they lived as long as they did was that they drank a special cind of tea that they made from the leavs of a tree that they had brought from there home planet (nibiru)!!!

where did you get this information from anyway?? wacko.gif

wub.gif

Well .. I don't have proff ((Bloated Corpse)) .. but I have heard alot about this stuff .. original.gif

And I have visited graves of many prophets .. they are very long .. really .. I don't have a picture of one now .. but if I found one .. I will post it .. original.gif

And that Humans shrink and disappear .. well this was only my opinion grin2.gif

Remember kids, a bigger brain means a bigger pelvis.  Without one, the babies don't make it out.  

Sounds good for anyone who has access to a decent hospital - but what about those who don't?

What I know is that Humans are getting shorter .. when humans were created, they were very tall, about 10 meters or even more .. and they used to live for more than 3000 years .. but with time, humans became shorter and now they only live for about 120 years or less ..

That is just wacky stuff. There is no evidence of any early human living anywhere near 10 meters tall (about 30 feet) - the closest they got was probably somewhere around 2 meters (6 feet), just like us.

There is also no evidence that any ancestor lived more than 100 years, outside of a religious text or other folk story that is.

Furthermore, 300 years ago (we'll just pick that as an example) human populations were much shorter as a whole and also had a lower life expectancy. How does this recent trend towards being bigger and living longer work into your theory?

The grave of a prophet that's 10metres long?

Are you sure someone hadn't just laid a gas pipe?

Remember kids, a bigger brain means a bigger pelvis.  Without one, the babies don't make it out.  

Sounds good for anyone who has access to a decent hospital - but what about those who don't?

Not to be one that goes against all humankindness. But, there are other factors at play here. In the under developed nations where the biggest problems tend to be disease starvation and unclean water. Those factors themselves will limit the body size of a baby being born, a big head wouldn't be as much trouble if the mother and baby were to be malnurished to the point where the baby is a premature size.