Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Blair secures historic third term

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
80 replies to this topic

#16    Ohelemapit

Ohelemapit

My freestyle rapping career didn't work out, so I came back

• 6,293 posts

• The illegitimate love-child of Strategy and Creativity. Sex God, Entrepreneur, Super Hero, Rapper, Table Dancer.

Posted 06 May 2005 - 01:42 PM

You are absolutely correct.. who's the dummies now, I guess we will never learn.

Posted Image

#17    I am me

I am me

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 06 May 2005 - 02:20 PM

QUOTE(Lottie @ May 6 2005, 04:46 AM)
hope know the delivery of his promises will be soon as i have waited 8 years so far

Its taken that long to clear up the mess made by the Tories.

View Post

there is always a so called mess left by the old party.  they use it as an excuse quite commonly.  just remember politicians rarely do what they promise to do.  they are in it for themselves and their friends and families.

#18    Talon

Talon

UM Chess Tournament Champion 2005

• 15,003 posts

• Life, Death, Anime inbetween

Posted 06 May 2005 - 03:08 PM

Labour knew the positioon of the country under Tory rule before the inherited what they call a mess, they put together their 3 and 5 year plans based on what they inherit and yet where are we now... education classes with still more than 30 pupils, class room asistants being trained to teach to keep budgets down, god knows haom amny imigrants I am paying for to live in this country.

Contrary to what you might beleive, a government can't change policy overnight, or make great change overnight. The Civil Service has more control over the country that I think you give it credit, and its not likely to spend 18 years implementing Tory policy only to willing undo it all again for Labour.

LOL i rember a time when Some British people called us americans dumb for re-electing a person who got us in an unjust war..

No, unlike Bush, Blair at least knows how to run the economy. tongue.gif

You are absolutely correct.. who's the dummies now, I guess we will never learn.

I did, I voted SNP. cool.gif

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." -Plato

#19    warden

warden

Poltergeist

• 2,751 posts

Posted 07 May 2005 - 05:24 PM

QUOTE(Talon S. @ May 6 2005, 03:08 PM)
Labour knew the positioon of the country under Tory rule before the inherited what they call a mess, they put together their 3 and 5 year plans based on what they inherit and yet where are we now... education classes with still more than 30 pupils, class room asistants being trained to teach to keep budgets down, god knows haom amny imigrants I am paying for to live in this country.

Contrary to what you might beleive, a government can't change policy overnight, or make great change overnight. The Civil Service has more control over the country that I think you give it credit, and its not likely to spend 18 years implementing Tory policy only to willing undo it all again for Labour.

LOL i rember a time when Some British people called us americans dumb for re-electing a person who got us in an unjust war..

No, unlike Bush, Blair at least knows how to run the economy. tongue.gif

I did, I voted SNP. cool.gif

View Post

Talon stop going back to the bad old days as you call them,labour have had 8 so far ,how many more do you think they need before they them selfs stop useing the old days as an excuse and get on with turning this country into the proud nation it used to be,,,,and try and answer it with out useing the same sh-t about the tories again and again no.gif

#20    wunarmdscissor

wunarmdscissor

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,761 posts

• come on the hoops

Posted 07 May 2005 - 06:47 PM

get on with turning this country into the proud nation it used to be

whos lookin back to the old days now?

we have the fourth strongest economy on earth , we are a TINY island. I think from economic diasaster under the toies to that position is just one of the many great things labour have done.

Lowest unemployment in Scotland and Britain as a whole for nearly a century.

Controlable interest rates

NHS finally beggining to work efficiently (helped by immigrant doctors and nusres).

What days were better ?

under the tories we get massive interest rates an repossession

privatisation (disasterous t the public services)

Mass unemployement of 3 Million (higher than any other time in the modern era)

A few rich laughing at the working classes and urban areas whilst tehir pockets are lined.

Poll Tax

Economic Collapse. (black...what day was that again)

Proud days warden.

Stand up for the Champions
'MON the tic an tiocfaidh ar-la

saorsa na h-alba

#21    Walken

Walken

Deus ex Machina

• Banned
  • 10,249 posts

• "I've done everything you wanted me to do; so why did you do this to me?!"

Posted 07 May 2005 - 08:30 PM

I was terrified the tories would get it.

angry.gif

Well, I'm glad Labour got what they deserved.

The British Independance Party didn't get a SINGLE seat.  thumbsup.gif

Posted Image

Finish The Fight - November, 2007.

#22    Ohelemapit

Ohelemapit

• 6,293 posts

• The illegitimate love-child of Strategy and Creativity. Sex God, Entrepreneur, Super Hero, Rapper, Table Dancer.

Posted 07 May 2005 - 11:41 PM

What a good job Blair has done for education - produced a generation of people stupid enough to vote for him.

Posted Image

#23    whoa182

whoa182

Poltergeist

• 2,710 posts

Posted 08 May 2005 - 08:05 AM

QUOTE(Gabriel @ May 6 2005, 01:35 PM)

View Post

Bush is a stupid religious fanatic and bases some of his policies on his religious belief.   Yeah you shouldnt of re-elected him. Although very good for going into iraq, I supported that. thumbsup.gif

Although Blair is a good priminister and has done well overall is several issues and I support the war in Iraq.

LD were a choice for me, but I went with Labour.

Tories,  All they did throughout the campaign was call blair a liar, stupid move and people calling others liars don't belong in politics.

Edited by whoa182, 08 May 2005 - 08:09 AM.

Posted Image

#24    Ohelemapit

Ohelemapit

• 6,293 posts

Posted 08 May 2005 - 09:35 AM

David Blunkett has returned to the cabinet I see. The man was forced to resign through blatant misuse of his office and now he is back again as if nothing had happened. Top Tories have been sent to jail for less, he actually came to Bradford to asses the damage after the Riots, what the hell did we waste tax payers money for, he is blind for gods sake how can he make an assesment... I suppose that is the tories fault also.

Posted Image

#25    Ohelemapit

Ohelemapit

• 6,293 posts

Posted 08 May 2005 - 10:21 AM

QUOTE(wunarmdscissor @ May 7 2005, 07:47 PM)
get on with turning this country into the proud nation it used to be

whos lookin back to the old days now?

we have the fourth strongest economy on earth , we are a TINY island. I think from economic diasaster under the toies to that position is just one of the many great things labour have done.

Lowest unemployment in Scotland and Britain as a whole for nearly a century.

Controlable interest rates

NHS finally beggining to work efficiently (helped by immigrant doctors and nusres).

What days were better ?

under the tories we get massive interest rates an repossession

privatisation (disasterous t the public services)

Mass unemployement of 3 Million (higher than any other time in the modern era)

A few rich laughing at the working classes and urban areas whilst tehir pockets are lined.

Poll Tax

Economic Collapse. (black...what day was that again)

Proud days warden.

View Post

The NHS is that efficient that waiting lists are longer, you have to book a week in advance to see a Doctor, hopital hygene is out of control, the rate of infection has increased. Shortage of professional nurses.

Education standrad dropped.

Classroom assistants taking on extra responsibility to assist teachers due to budgets cuts.

Larger class sizes and labour promised less than 30 to a class.

Defocit budgets in Schools.

Lowest number of Police on the beat, crime increase the list is endless.. but agian this is probably the fault of the tories.

Posted Image

#26    warden

warden

Poltergeist

• 2,751 posts

Posted 08 May 2005 - 10:46 AM

I will go one further,

We have more doctors and nurses leaving this country to work abroad than we have comming in,the reason is TARGETS and burocrasey, no.gif

Police chiefs have asked the home secetary to let them get on with policing the streets ,what did they get in response,,,,more time to sit behind a desk filling in forms..........more targets and burocrasey

Unemployment stands at 1 million....realy laugh.gif what about the hundreds of thousands of 16 to 18 year olds who dont get any benefit ,they also dont get mentioned in the figures and the 2 and a half million that are on incapasety benefit that would make the unemployment figures just under 4 million

need i go on ,but no doubt that will be the tories fault tongue.gif

#27    Richdog

Richdog

Poltergeist

• 2,322 posts

• Iactans Exoletus!

Posted 08 May 2005 - 11:04 AM

Labour - Grossly negligent, have run healthcare and education into the ground.  Led by a charismatic man who for all his faults does actually command my respect, and is a strong leader.  Shouldn't have gone to war, it was purely political and he used hysteria and too promote it and convince us it was a good thing, when he knew Saddam had no WMD's.  Sudan would have been a far better start, as would countless other countries in more desperate situations than Iraq was in, which is now worse than it started out almost.  Same with Afghanistan.

Tories - Absolute no-hopers, continually led by buffoons with all the charisma of a piece of broccolli.  I could never imagine them holding power.  Have unrealistic goals that they would not be able to deliver on if they were in term, even more so than labour.  I like their stance on crime though - no tolerance.

Lib Dems - The "nice" party.  In my opinion they won't be a real force yet for the next few terms, though they are making great inroads in terms of popularity and seats.  Led by a man who is actually a likeable, decent bloke.  Also haven't really got their goals straight.  One for the future, but yet to mature.

So, there's really no 'good' option, you just have to make the best of what you've got.  I voted Lib Dems to take away the majority of conservatives in our area, and take seats from labour. disgust.gif

Posted Image
“Well what did you expect to see out of a Torquay hotel bedroom window? Sydney Opera House perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically accross the pains…?” - Basil Fawlty, in response to an old woman complaining about the view out of her English guesthouse window.

#28    warden

warden

Poltergeist

• 2,751 posts

Posted 08 May 2005 - 11:17 AM

QUOTE(Richdog @ May 8 2005, 11:04 AM)
Labour - Grossly negligent, have run healthcare and education into the ground.  Led by a charismatic man who for all his faults does actually command my respect, and is a strong leader.  Shouldn't have gone to war, it was purely political and he used hysteria and too promote it and convince us it was a good thing, when he knew Saddam had no WMD's.  Sudan would have been a far better start, as would countless other countries in more desperate situations than Iraq was in, which is now worse than it started out almost.  Same with Afghanistan.

Tories - Absolute no-hopers, continually led by buffoons with all the charisma of a piece of broccolli.  I could never imagine them holding power.  Have unrealistic goals that they would not be able to deliver on if they were in term, even more so than labour.  I like their stance on crime though - no tolerance.

Lib Dems - The "nice" party.  In my opinion they won't be a real force yet for the next few terms, though they are making great inroads in terms of popularity and seats.  Led by a man who is actually a likeable, decent bloke.  Also haven't really got their goals straight.  One for the future, but yet to mature.

So, there's really no 'good' option, you just have to make the best of what you've got.  I voted Lib Dems to take away the majority of conservatives in our area, and take seats from labour. disgust.gif

View Post

So we have a man in power of our country who has run education and the NHS in to the ground,he took us into a false war with lies and deceit getting our own soldiers killed in the proses(still without an apoligy)has not a single clue about what is going on in our streets with crime,drugs and drink,our justice system is a joke and laughting stock of Europe,takes back deceitfull MPs in to the cabinet(ones again that cant say the simple word SORRY)Cleanes out the pension pot and has the cheek to ask us to fill it back up for him,has a wife  that takes 100.000 pounds from a cancer charity to fund a 3 and a half million house and not an eye brow raised,a man that cant give us a refarendum on Europe untill he thinks he has a hope of winning it(never)
You some times wonder if people voted for him as you say there is not really a party out there with any thing that grabs the imagination,saying that blair has some imagination tongue.gif

#29    bathory

bathory

Alien Abducter

• 5,302 posts

Posted 08 May 2005 - 01:57 PM

The NHS is that efficient that waiting lists are longer, you have to book a week in advance to see a Doctor, hopital hygene is out of control, the rate of infection has increased. Shortage of professional nurses.

yeah but its free  tongue.gif

welcome to public healthcare hehe

#30    Lottie

Lottie

The Nappy Ninja !!

• 7,516 posts

• "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me." - Noel Coward

Posted 08 May 2005 - 02:14 PM

Labour - Grossly negligent, have run healthcare and education into the ground.

Labour- Who have put something like 60 billion pounds into the NHS service.

Remember that it isn't the actual goverment who runs and organises the NHS but the management groups within the NHS. If there has been a problem with the NHS these are the people to blame. It doesn't help when all this money is pushed into the NHS and the big wig consultants etc decide to have a massive payrise out of it. Again this is to do with management sytsems and not the 'Labour' Party.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users