Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

UK Girl 8 ‘Tortured on witchcraft claim’

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#16    AztecInca

AztecInca

Martian

• 9,013 posts

• All it takes for evil to triumph, is for good people to do nothing.

Posted 10 May 2005 - 07:04 AM

To be actually capable of performing such acts upon a little girls shows that these people deserve no mercy and should be tortured themselves with their ending coming the way they wished to rid that poor little girl from the world.

#17    __Kratos__

__Kratos__

-Staring-

• 25,876 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 12:12 PM

...WTF? blink.gif Thats just horrible!

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." ~Philip K. Dick

#18    Celumnaz

Celumnaz

Telekinetic

• 7,039 posts

• I don't know what I don't know.

Posted 10 May 2005 - 01:37 PM

I don't care the motivation, I care about the action, and these people were criminal.  Take out all the references to witchcraft or African civil war take out all of it, and what you have are people commiting criminal acts.  I could care less what the witchcraft community thinks, these people are criminal and deserved to be punished, the girl deserves justice.  Those people are a stain on humanity, not just one subset of people.

#19    starlitkate

starlitkate

Mummer's Star

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts

• I believe in angels, the kind that heaven sends. I'm surrounded by angels, but I call them my best friends

Posted 10 May 2005 - 03:57 PM

QUOTE(Chris_com28 @ May 9 2005, 05:17 PM)
http://www.channel4.com/news/content/news-....jsp?id=1832237
I hope they soon realise that they've done. I understand how people could do such things. I read a while ago in a paper that was found in a hospital beaten badly while no one was there supervising.

View Post

Ya it reminds me of the old witch hunts, that they still sometimes do but noone hears of them. I mean can you imagine what they would had done to the girl had it been back in like the salem trial era's. It was bad enough what they did to her though. That's just heartless. I'am in shock at what links people would go to.I mean if I heard my neice or whatever was doing it that I was taking care of, I'd make sure she didn't have satan books, but then i'd be like heck this is a 8 yr. old. what is the most she could do to me. then i'd give her time out and call it a day. that's just so heartless and cruel what they did to her! mad.gif  

- Signature removed, exceeds 500x150 size limit -

#20    Wings of Selkhet

Wings of Selkhet

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

• Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra and then suddenly it flips over, pinning you underneath. At night, the ice weasels come. - Matt Groening

Posted 11 May 2005 - 06:02 PM

I no longer wonder if it's possible for society to progress backwards...this only proves that it's happening right now. How far are we going to go before it stops?

here is the deepest secret nobody knows
(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life;which grows
higher than the soul can hope or mind can hide)
and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart

i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart)

- ee cummings

#21    AnimangaBloodThorn

AnimangaBloodThorn

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

• Ashes to ashes, gas can to matches.

Posted 11 May 2005 - 06:12 PM

Pathetic people...I agree full heartedly with AztecInca. Whether or not she was accused of witchcraft, you shouldn't do that to anyone much less and eight year old child!

It just shows how stupid, idiotic, and childish people continue to be. They need to realize that others are going to choose their own religion, regardless of what they think and that they have the right to choose whichever religion they want. They also need to learn that beating, almost killing, a child isn't going to change anything!
angry.gif

<center>Energizer bunny arrested, charged for battery.
If you are psychic, think "HONK."
If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished.
Health is merely the slowest possible rate at which you can die.

'Welcome to the Doomsday Fan club and come on in and get blown to pieces with the rest of us!'

Nightwatcher-Conspiracy-AnimangaBloodThorn</center>

#22    __Kratos__

__Kratos__

-Staring-

• 25,876 posts

Posted 13 May 2005 - 02:42 AM

LONDON (Reuters) - A schoolgirl told a British court Thursday she was put into a laundry bag and was going to be thrown from a third-floor apartment window into a river by her mother and aunt who thought she was a witch.

Prosecutors say the girl, brought to London from Angola by a woman claiming to be her mother, had been regularly abused by members of her family after they had become convinced she was putting curses on members of her family.

The court has heard the abuse culminated in a plan by her 38-year-old "mother" and another woman, Sita Kisanga, 35, who says she is the girl's aunt, to kill her.

"They put me in a bag and said they would throw me away," the girl, sitting next to a large teddy bear, told police in a videoed interview shown to London's Old Bailey court.

"They called my uncle and they all started slapping me. They were going to throw me into water. They were going to throw me off the third floor where my auntie lived."

The girl, who can't be named for legal reasons, has already told how she was starved, beaten, cut with a knife and had chilli pepper rubbed into her eyes during months of torture.

The mother and aunt are accused of conspiracy to murder. They and two other defendants have also been charged with child cruelty.

All four deny the charges and the trial continues.
Source
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Poor little girl...  no.gif

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." ~Philip K. Dick

#23    _Nyx_

_Nyx_

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 11,262 posts

Posted 13 May 2005 - 02:44 AM

Is this that same little girl from the other thread? Idiot people.....wake up and smell the 21st century!!

#24    MadEyePixie

MadEyePixie

Beware the Eye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts

• "That's one nice thing about carousels, they always play the same songs." -Holden Caulfield

Posted 13 May 2005 - 02:53 AM

Sir Bedevere: What makes you think she's a witch?
Peasant: Well she turned me into a newt.
Sir Bedevere: A newt?
Peasant: ...I got better.

-Monty Python and the Holy Grail

"Don't call me señor! I'm not a Spanish person. You must call me Mr. Biggles, or Group Captain Biggles, or Mary Biggles if I'm dressed as my wife, but never señor."

-Graham Chapman

Posted Image

"Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!"

-Michael Palin

Proud Member of The SPAM Club

#25    Discordia

Discordia

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 435 posts

• "Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

Posted 13 May 2005 - 03:09 AM

I wonder if the family has medical issues, I wouldn't think any 'sane' person would try to do something like that. Reminds me of the movie Carrie, there are some crazy people out there.

'Humanity's first sin was faith; the first virtue was doubt.'

'Surgeon General's Warning: Quitting Religion Now Greatly Increases the Chances of World Peace.'

'The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art & true science. Whosoever does not know it & can no longer wonder, no longer marvel, is as good as dead, & his eyes are dimmed' -Einstein

*Ðiscordia

#26    Barnacle Battlefront

Barnacle Battlefront

Death Before Decaf

• 5,468 posts

• There's no place like 127.0.0.1

A symptom of the universe

Posted 13 May 2005 - 04:24 AM

that is so sick. no.gif no.gif no.gif

And you run and you run to catch up with the sun, but it's sinking. Racing around to come up behind you again. The sun is the same in a relative way, but you're older. Shorter of breath and one day closer to death.

Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy as hell.- Maca02

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users