Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Hittite Relics found in North America.

• Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

#76    TheSearcher

TheSearcher

Coffee expert extraordinair

• 3,845 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 05:13 AM

View Postkmt_sesh, on 31 August 2009 - 02:10 AM, said:

LOL I loved "Bassets for Obama," but let's be serious. Obama is only one more servant for our Basset Masters. He does their honorable bidding. :devil:

Pffff, your basset masters are just puppets in the hands of our beloved Cat Overlords, who in their great wisom control time and history. Like some purring timelords really, with a tardis that looks like a litterbox  :D

But seriously, can someone explain to me what the heck Hittite-Minoan is? As far as I'm concerned they are two different scripts, nothing alike at all!
I might as well say I saw some Spanish-Hindi script. Might sound like the swedish chef on the muppetshow.

It is only the ignorant who despise education.
Publilius Syrus.

So god made me an atheist. Who are you to question his wisdom?!

#77    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,159 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 07:15 AM

View PostTheSearcher, on 31 August 2009 - 05:13 AM, said:

Pffff, your basset masters are just puppets in the hands of our beloved Cat Overlords, who in their great wisom control time and history. Like some purring timelords really, with a tardis that looks like a litterbox  :D

But seriously, can someone explain to me what the heck Hittite-Minoan is? As far as I'm concerned they are two different scripts, nothing alike at all!
I might as well say I saw some Spanish-Hindi script. Might sound like the swedish chef on the muppetshow.

Hittite-Minoan is a name given to something by someone who obviously doesn't know what the hell they're talking about. It doesn't exist.

cormac

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

#78    TheSearcher

TheSearcher

• 3,845 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 07:19 AM

View Postcormac mac airt, on 31 August 2009 - 07:15 AM, said:

Hittite-Minoan is a name given to something by someone who obviously doesn't know what the hell they're talking about. It doesn't exist.

cormac

That's what I thought. Aweenda shmure da froog's legs! Bork, bork, bork. (Swedish Chef talk for those who had not recognised it,  :lol: )

Publilius Syrus.

#79    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,159 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 07:32 AM

View PostTheSearcher, on 31 August 2009 - 07:19 AM, said:

That's what I thought. Aweenda shmure da froog's legs! Bork, bork, bork. (Swedish Chef talk for those who had not recognised it,  :lol: )

Sad thing is, Searcher, that that made more sense than Hittite-Minoan. The Swedish Chef rules.

cormac

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

#80    TheSearcher

TheSearcher

• 3,845 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 11:10 AM

View Postcormac mac airt, on 31 August 2009 - 07:32 AM, said:

Sad thing is, Searcher, that that made more sense than Hittite-Minoan. The Swedish Chef rules.

cormac

He does at that. The other thing is that I didn't really see any signs at all on the stones on the pictures. Had they maybe been cleaned a tad more or the picture taken at another angle, we might maybe make out something.

Publilius Syrus.

#81    jaylemurph

jaylemurph

"If we would know, then we would be more wisdomed."

• 9,553 posts

• "You can lead a whore to culture, but you can't make him think." Dorothy Parker

Posted 31 August 2009 - 04:31 PM

View PostTheSearcher, on 31 August 2009 - 05:13 AM, said:

As far as anyone with the most passing knowledge of historical linguistics knows, they're not just two different scripts, but two very different languages, as I'm sure you know. Someone -- maybe the OP, maybe someone later, claiming to be a curator in a museum -- said that the alleged Hittite relics found featured this mythical writing system. That appears nowhere else. (And your Spanish-Hindi example is far better than the one I came up with originally, I might add.)

And kmt -- do you think that Bassets for Obama, or his subsequent victory was a fluke? Oh no. Just know there were no Bassets for McCaine.

--Jaylemurph

"... amongst the most obstinate of our opinions may be classed those which derive from discussions in which we affect to search for the truth, while in reality we are only fortifying prejudice."     -- James Fenimore Cooper, The Pathfinder

Posted Image

Deeply venial

#82    kmt_sesh

kmt_sesh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,306 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 04:48 PM

Only the Basset Masters can speak Hittite-Minoan, due to their advanced cerebral abilities. Lack of opposable thumbs makes it extremely difficult for them to write the script, however, so that's why they created the Nibblers from Niburu. The Nibblers are the scribes of the Basset Masters. :D

Looks like we have indeed found a useful purpose for so much of this nonsensical fringe twaddle that clogs the pages of UM: it's ever so fun to exercise one's imaginative potential.

Posted Image
The evil overlord mummy moderator has spoken.

Visit My Blog!

#83    jaylemurph

jaylemurph

• 9,553 posts

• "You can lead a whore to culture, but you can't make him think." Dorothy Parker

Posted 31 August 2009 - 06:28 PM

View Postkmt_sesh, on 31 August 2009 - 04:48 PM, said:

Only the Basset Masters can speak Hittite-Minoan, due to their advanced cerebral abilities. Lack of opposable thumbs makes it extremely difficult for them to write the script, however, so that's why they created the Nibblers from Niburu. The Nibblers are the scribes of the Basset Masters. :D

Looks like we have indeed found a useful purpose for so much of this nonsensical fringe twaddle that clogs the pages of UM: it's ever so fun to exercise one's imaginative potential.

Well, see, Hittite-Minoan, just like Ogham, looks suspiciously like claw marks, and can be written without resort to opposable thumbs. The Nibblers then came out of the extreme slothfulness of the Bassets. And their desire for melodramatic entertainment.

Although I must add my belief in the Bassets is not imaginative fun. It is truly and honestly what I believe and I demand respectful treatment of it, no matter how much it stands in the face of rationality.

--Jaylemurph

"... amongst the most obstinate of our opinions may be classed those which derive from discussions in which we affect to search for the truth, while in reality we are only fortifying prejudice."     -- James Fenimore Cooper, The Pathfinder

Posted Image

Deeply venial

#84    TheSearcher

TheSearcher

• 3,845 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 07:09 AM

View Postjaylemurph, on 31 August 2009 - 06:28 PM, said:

Well, see, Hittite-Minoan, just like Ogham, looks suspiciously like claw marks, and can be written without resort to opposable thumbs. The Nibblers then came out of the extreme slothfulness of the Bassets. And their desire for melodramatic entertainment.

Although I must add my belief in the Bassets is not imaginative fun. It is truly and honestly what I believe and I demand respectful treatment of it, no matter how much it stands in the face of rationality.

--Jaylemurph

And who better to use their claws than my hidden cat overlords, the real puppetmasters behind their basset minions. They live, hidden amongst us and according to Eddy Izzard they drill for gold behind our couches.

Publilius Syrus.

#85    jaylemurph

jaylemurph

• 9,553 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 04:28 PM

View PostTheSearcher, on 02 September 2009 - 07:09 AM, said:

And who better to use their claws than my hidden cat overlords, the real puppetmasters behind their basset minions. They live, hidden amongst us and according to Eddy Izzard they drill for gold behind our couches.

I am fully prepared to believe that cats are the powers that be in the Vague Society of Nebulous Meanies. I can see cats as delighting in pointless violence, behind-the-scenes-manipulation and secrecy.

--Jaylemurph

Posted Image

Deeply venial

#86    Shadow_of_Man

Shadow_of_Man

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 89 posts

• "The blind man is one who refuses to see what is truly there."

Posted 10 January 2010 - 07:29 PM

It has been recently discovered (within the last couple of decades) that the ancient mummies of Egypt have smoked tobacco, which at that time was only known to exist in the Americas. As far as the presumed history of man is concerned, we know that history as we know it is wrong and we can argue the conspiracy behind that until we are blue in the face; however, the fact is that trade routes have existed since far before presumed history dictates and Ancient Native Americans are no exception.  There is no need to theorize anything such as ancient non-native outposts established in America before the genocidal murder Columbus or the ancient Norse explorers, for trade is simply the most likely reason to find non-native artifacts anywhere on the planet.

Posted Image

"Don't go into the light - it's a trap!"

#87    PersonFromPorlock

PersonFromPorlock

Pooseycat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,769 posts

• Few things do more harm than the belief that life should be Dramatic.

Posted 10 January 2010 - 08:13 PM

Haven't been back to this thread in a long time and noticed the discussion of SwedishChefSpeak. IIRC, it was authoritatively disclosed some years ago that he is speaking correspondence-school Japanese. Badly.

#88    SlimJim22

SlimJim22

Alien Abducter

• 4,682 posts

• "As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being." Carl Jung

Posted 10 January 2010 - 11:24 PM

View PostShadow_of_Man, on 10 January 2010 - 07:29 PM, said:

It has been recently discovered (within the last couple of decades) that the ancient mummies of Egypt have smoked tobacco, which at that time was only known to exist in the Americas. As far as the presumed history of man is concerned, we know that history as we know it is wrong and we can argue the conspiracy behind that until we are blue in the face; however, the fact is that trade routes have existed since far before presumed history dictates and Ancient Native Americans are no exception.  There is no need to theorize anything such as ancient non-native outposts established in America before the genocidal murder Columbus or the ancient Norse explorers, for trade is simply the most likely reason to find non-native artifacts anywhere on the planet.
Wasn't cocaine found in egyptian tombs? I don't think it grows anywhere other tha South America does it? It is no real surprise because as you say trade is older than is commonly accepted. Not just local trade but international trade. The Phoenicians being the main tradespeople who had outposts all over the world. The question is, were there other seafaring cultures in pre history other than the Phoenicians and the Olmecs?

Hittite-Minoan being like Ogham is interesting indeed. It would suggest it derived from the Scythians but how this happenned is uncertain. Conquering nomadic tribes looking for fertile land more than likely. Scythians were not known as seafarers to my knowledge but they could of hitched a ride on a Phoenician yacht.

"I belive no thing, I follow the Law of One. I am a Man-O'-Sion under construction."

#89    Piney

Piney

Educated Redskin

• 2,752 posts

• Redbonz Stumpjumper from the swamps of Shamong

Posted 11 January 2010 - 01:48 AM

View PostSlimJim22, on 10 January 2010 - 11:24 PM, said:

Hittite-Minoan being like Ogham is interesting indeed. It would suggest it derived from the Scythians but how this happenned is uncertain. Conquering nomadic tribes looking for fertile land more than likely. Scythians were not known as seafarers to my knowledge but they could of hitched a ride on a Phoenician yacht.

:rolleyes:  :lol:

Lapiche

Token Nanticoke
http://woodlandindia...orums/index.php
It takes a certain amount of sophistication to live primitive. Stupid people usually don't survive...............

"There aren't any Indians in New Jersey. Just some inbred ******* that live in the woods."

-Donald Trump

#90    jaylemurph

jaylemurph

• 9,553 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 05:53 AM

View PostSlimJim22, on 10 January 2010 - 11:24 PM, said:

Wasn't cocaine found in egyptian tombs? I don't think it grows anywhere other tha South America does it? It is no real surprise because as you say trade is older than is commonly accepted. Not just local trade but international trade. The Phoenicians being the main tradespeople who had outposts all over the world. The question is, were there other seafaring cultures in pre history other than the Phoenicians and the Olmecs?

Really?

Just, really?

So despite the thick layer of obvious sarcasm in my remark, you just picked it up and ran with it?

The Past Basset Masters are pleased with you. Delighted, I say. When they tell you to open the drawstrings of your purse and give without stinting to me as their anointed spokesman, take note that I prefer unmarked bills in small denominations.

--Jaylemurph

Posted Image

Deeply venial

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users