Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Enfield Poltergeist Voice?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1    Poltergeist

Poltergeist

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 June 2003 - 04:36 AM

Anyone know where I can get a copy of the famous Enfield Poltergeist voice? This is the one where the little girl is taken over by the demon and begins talking with a mans voice.

The orginal bbci site has changed to a teen site.                                                      

#2    Delacorr

Delacorr

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 241 posts

Posted 15 June 2003 - 04:34 PM

I won't believe that I am hearing a ghost on a recording...it would help if i could see it...but then still, may not work...                                                      

#3    Althalus

Althalus

Alien Abducter

• 4,909 posts

Posted 16 June 2003 - 07:32 PM

I can not find the recording, all the pages I have been to tell of it only.                                                      

"We make choices everyday, some of them good, some of them bad. And - if we are strong enough - we live with the consequences."
David Gemmell

#4    Tommy

Tommy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,846 posts

Posted 16 June 2003 - 11:41 PM

I've had a look for this recording but as far as I can tell, as you said before Poltergiest, the recording was originally on the BBC Weird site which is now the teen site.

I've found A Transcript of what was on the recording though. whistling.gif

Since I live right next to Enfield I guess I could just pop around and make some recordings of my own.  ph34r.gif                                                      

"Superstition created all the gods and angels, all the devils and ghosts, all the witches, demons and goblins, gave us all the augurs, soothsayers and prophets, filled the heavens with signs and wonders, broke the chain of cause and effect, and wrote the history of man in miracles and lies" ~ Robert Green Ingersoll

#5    Kismit

Kismit

Telekinetic

• 7,680 posts

Posted 16 June 2003 - 11:48 PM

QUOTE (Tommy @ Jun 17 2003, 11:41 AM)

Since I live right next to Enfield I guess I could just pop around and make some recordings of my own.  ph34r.gif

Would ya Tommy ? wiggle.gif  That would be just super .. How soon can you post them here ?  grin2.gif                                                      

#6    Magikman

Magikman

Most Exalted member of the first 15

• 6,280 posts

• "Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur"

Posted 17 June 2003 - 05:08 AM

Here is the internet broadcast of Lou Gentile's show that Tommy provides the text version of. http://www.lougentile.com/nov02.html Its the Nov. 27th show with Mark Russell Bell. You'll need RealPlayer to listen to it. I have a 56k dial up connection at home and the player keeps rebuffering, which is a real pain, so I never got a chance to listen to it. Hopefully you have a better connection and/or more time to mess around with it, but eventually you should hear the 'the voice'.  unsure.gif

Magikman                                                      

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. ~ Carl Sagan

"...man has an irrepressible tendency to read meaning into the buzzing confusion of sights and sounds impinging on his senses; and where no agreed meaning can be found, he will provide it out of his own imagination." ~ Arthur Koestler

#7    Tommy

Tommy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,846 posts

Posted 17 June 2003 - 08:37 AM

lol Kismit.  grin2.gif Thanks to Magik, I won't have to. tongue.gif

You have to forward the recording to 1:09:28 to actually start the introduction to the case (donated by the letter N on the transcript).

The recordings of the voices can be heard from 1:13:50 into the recording.

I must say the voices do sound pretty freaky.  ph34r.gif

I love this transcribers note though: "THE VOICES ON THE TAPE PLAYED ON THE BROADCAST WAS HARD TO TRANSCRIBE DUE IN PART TO THE ACCENTS..."  laugh.gif Now thats getting personal!  happy.gif                                                      

"Superstition created all the gods and angels, all the devils and ghosts, all the witches, demons and goblins, gave us all the augurs, soothsayers and prophets, filled the heavens with signs and wonders, broke the chain of cause and effect, and wrote the history of man in miracles and lies" ~ Robert Green Ingersoll

#8    Kismit

Kismit

Telekinetic

• 7,680 posts

Posted 17 June 2003 - 09:45 AM

Gosh darn it  Tommy I was really hoping we might get  a wee squeally out of you  grin2.gif

and as usuall my Real Player dosn't work  rolleyes.gif                                                      

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users