Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Do you believe in God? Jesus? UFOs? Nature? Satan?

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#16    Mr Slayer

Mr Slayer

Stay SLA

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 04:41 PM

QUOTE(Discordia @ May 17 2005, 05:24 PM)
I believe in nature and science. I do not believe in God/Satan but I do believe there are other forms of intelligent life somewhere out there. (Not saying I believe they have visited our planet before.) I respect others' beliefs as long as they don't try to force it on me, then I tend to get a little arrogant.

View Post

It's like hearing yourself speaking  grin2.gif

#17    Amalgamut

Amalgamut

Government Agent

• 3,535 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 04:54 PM

I believe there is "all of the above." However, I'm not sure what is meant by "nature."

Why tiptoe quietly through life just to arrive safely at death?

#18    nativechick1989

nativechick1989

Forum Divinity

• 22,977 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 05:44 PM

I'm a Christian and I believe in a lot of things - I keep a very open-mind.

original.gif

#19    Mr Slayer

Mr Slayer

Stay SLA

• 1,329 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 06:46 PM

By "nature" I meant the stereotype "Force of nature" or "Mother nature", well, the balance in nature if you will, I'm not 100% sure what I meant...:0)

It is a pretty wide definition.

#20    DanaScully

DanaScully

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 11:10 PM

I'm really sorry if my post offended somebody. My purpose was not to say :"ok, I believe in that, so you have to do the same". I would never do that !
I only gave my opinion in what I believed, christian or not, catholic or not, or whatever the religion I belong for... I mean, I'm not racist at all... I'm living in a small country and all nations are represented around here... well, if my post hurted someone, I really sorry...  hmm.gif

#21    Amalgamut

Amalgamut

Government Agent

• 3,535 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 11:14 PM

QUOTE(DanaScully @ May 17 2005, 05:10 PM)
I'm really sorry if my post offended somebody. My purpose was not to say :"ok, I believe in that, so you have to do the same". I would never do that !
I only gave my opinion in what I believed, christian or not, catholic or not, or whatever the religion I belong for... I mean, I'm not racist at all... I'm living in a small country and all nations are represented around here... well, if my post hurted someone, I really sorry...  hmm.gif

View Post

There is nothing you should be apologizing for dear.  original.gif

Why tiptoe quietly through life just to arrive safely at death?

#22    ShaunZero

ShaunZero

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,339 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 11:19 PM

I for one, beleive in God. I also beleive in Satan, NOT hell though. UFOs are also real...OF COURSE THEY ARE, its an unidentified flying object =D.

Few things I beleive/Dont beleive about God:
Jesus is NOT God.
Hell does NOT exist.
People worthy of a ressurection will inhabit the earth, NOT heaven. Although 144,000(somewhere around that many) will be brought into heaven.
I dont beleive God exist in this physical universe.

"What if there were no hypothetical questions?" ~ George Carlin
Are you a cynic?

#23    DanaScully

DanaScully

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 11:29 PM

QUOTE(Amalgamut @ May 18 2005, 01:14 AM)
QUOTE(DanaScully @ May 17 2005, 05:10 PM)
I only gave my opinion in what I believed, christian or not, catholic or not, or whatever the religion I belong for... I mean, I'm not racist at all... I'm living in a small country and all nations are represented around here... well, if my post hurted someone, I really sorry...  hmm.gif

View Post

There is nothing you should be apologizing for dear.  original.gif

View Post

Well, I was wondering because I was in the first ones to answer and then I read all these posts regarding racism and everything... I was just hoping that I didn't hurt anybody with my post... so, if not, I'm glad about it !  tongue.gif

#24    RH2097

RH2097

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts

• Fear the soul for it knows no fear.

Posted 17 May 2005 - 11:33 PM

I belive in God, I believe we are his science project.
I believe in Jesus, I believe that he was a man who was crucified and died for our sins.
I believe in UFO's and aliens, Earth cannot in no possible way be the only planet in our universe and beyond with life.
I believe in Nature, I believe after God's creation project, he let nature take it's course.
I believe in Satan, the good and the bad always have to balance out, which one is he?  I do not know.

I believe everyone has a right to their beliefs, I don't think no one has a right in hell to tell them otherwise.

Edited by RH2097, 17 May 2005 - 11:35 PM.

RH2097

Why is there enough religion to incite war, but not enough religion to instill tolerance?
Don't analyze my beliefs.  And I won't pick out the flaws in yours.
You tell me that I sin, You say I'm bound to hell, So once judgment condemns you, I shall see you there.

#25    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

Mostly Harmless

• 11,320 posts

• May the laughter ye give today return to thee 3 fold.

Posted 18 May 2005 - 05:10 AM

I believe in the interconnected web of life that exists though out the Universe. I believe the Universe itself is a living being as the Earth.  The God/desses are beings that exist in different overlapping dimensions. We and the God/desses are beings of many kinds of energy.  Energy never really goes away it changes.  When we die we become another form of energy.  I would say that is my core belief.

I don't care what other people believe that is their Path.  I can't walk their Path and they can't walk mine.

"The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. Much that once was is lost; for none now live who remember it."  Galadriel

#26    hyperactive

hyperactive

abu gaia

• 5,691 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 05:47 AM

i believe man is a slug in the garden of life.

man is but part of a complex system called the universe (by man).

gods ->  only in fiction
jesus -> only a man (a philosopher)
UFOs -> neutral
nature -> definitely

i place no value in the artifical constructs of "the upright ignoramus" called man!

"He who knows not and knows not he knows not, he is a fool - shun him.
He who knows not and knows he knows not, he is simple - teach him.
He who knows and knows not he knows, he is asleep - awaken him.
He who knows and knows that he knows, he is wise - follow him. "
Arabia

#27    MrScienceGuy

MrScienceGuy

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 709 posts

• University of Alabama, Professor of physics, Phd

Posted 18 May 2005 - 06:31 AM

What are you doing in this section, hyper  blink.gif no.gif

#28    Monkyburd

Monkyburd

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts

• "TIME is an abstract concept created by carbon based life forms to monitor their ongoing decay" ~Thunderclese

Posted 18 May 2005 - 02:46 PM

Ah... this is like abreeding ground for new believers! grin2.gif

I myself Believe in the exsistance of the Paranormal, (Ghosts, PK, a soul, ect. ect.) and that there is a "higher power" at work in our world, yet I can't come to put a face on it.  hmm.gif

I am so pleased to see so many believers around here, and wished I'd found it sooner! w00t.gif

In case some of you don't know, I and a few other members have created a believer's group on this site called the Believer's Corps of Approachable Conveyance and all of you sound like you would make welcome editions to our group. original.gif

If you are interested and want to know more you can check out my blog or send me a PM if you feel so inclined.

#29    Unorthodox Thesis

Unorthodox Thesis

Unorthodox Thesis

• 1,536 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 03:22 PM

I think that we all are believers, in one way or another. But what do we believe? Isn't believeing, no matter in what, pretty much the same thing?
Even atheists are believers...in nothing.

Spirituality can take many forms, and who is to judge if Christianity is more right or wrong than believeing in the forces of Nature? What is "ridiculous"? What is accepted?

I believe that the Gods and divine beings of the  Bible travel in rapidly flying, glowing, flashing, spinning, metallic objects, which appear dark and solid like low clouds in daylight, while brightly lit, with projected beams of light at night.  These objects descend to the ground, ascend into the sky, and hover above the ground for long periods, sounds are broadcast from them, and they exhibit power to alter the natural laws.  Humans and other beings are described as ascending up into and descending down from these objects and perception of time is altered.
I believe that thousands of people testify to current presence of rapidly flying, glowing, flashing, spinning, metallic objects that appear dark and solid like low clouds in daylight, while brightly lit, with projected beams of light at night.  These objects descend to the ground, ascend into the sky, and hover above ground for long periods, sounds are broadcast from them, and exhibit power to alter the natural laws.  Humans and other beings are described as ascending up into and descending down from these objects and perception of time is altered.
I believe in the saviour Jesus Christ. I reject the church doctrine because it conflicts with the true teachings of the Bible.

Do you have respect for other people's beliefs?

Sure. For as long as a mutual respect exists between me and them, I will.
However, I respect one's judgment on the basis of knowledge. Everyone has a certain amount of knowledge. Most people think they know more than others. However, I am no smarter than most folks here. But, the only way you really
have an idea of how much a person knows is if we look at their judgment. No?

Edited by Norman, 18 May 2005 - 03:24 PM.

#30    Elspeth

Elspeth

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 21 May 2005 - 04:07 AM

I believe in Grandfather, the four, and Mother Earth.

I respect other peoples beliefs and will treat them with respect if they treat me with respect.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users