Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Move Over Nessie, NZ divers swim with plesiosaurs

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1    Magikman

Magikman

Most Exalted member of the first 15

• 6,280 posts

• "Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur"

Posted 17 June 2003 - 03:52 AM

I'm on a bit of a 'sea monster' roll at the moment,  w00t.gif  here's an interesting if not highly questionable account of some divers encountering and videotaping several plesiosaurs in the Kaikoura Canyon off New Zealands southern island. A still picture is included with the link HERE   ohmy.gif   unsure.gif

Magikman  cool.gif

* - Just curious, Kismit, is Kaikoura anywhere near where you live?                                                      

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. ~ Carl Sagan

"...man has an irrepressible tendency to read meaning into the buzzing confusion of sights and sounds impinging on his senses; and where no agreed meaning can be found, he will provide it out of his own imagination." ~ Arthur Koestler

#2    UnpopularLola

UnpopularLola

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 245 posts

Posted 17 June 2003 - 04:12 AM

cooolllll!!!!! go new zealand                                                      

This I whispered, and an echo murmured back the word, "Lenore!"-
Merely this, and nothing more.

#3    Kismit

Kismit

Telekinetic

• 7,680 posts

Posted 17 June 2003 - 09:23 AM

Nope Magik  , I couldn't afford to live in Kiakora  whistling.gif  However Kiakora is the Whale spotting capitol of  NZ .

Makes ya think don't it .......  huh.gif

Lola your a Kiwi  ohmy.gif  cool  cool.gif                                                      

#4    Althalus

Althalus

Alien Abducter

• 4,906 posts

Posted 17 June 2003 - 10:57 AM

As you can see with the picture, the plesiosaur has a faint line around it as if someone has gone and masked around it and then copied it to the picture.  

The other object by it on the other hand does not have this feature.                                                      

Attached Files

"We make choices everyday, some of them good, some of them bad. And - if we are strong enough - we live with the consequences."
David Gemmell

#5    Aslan

Aslan

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts

• Scariest Member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps

Posted 17 June 2003 - 01:01 PM

Yeah. It's not even very good fake, is it.                                                      

#6    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 20,271 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 17 June 2003 - 01:58 PM

I agree, it just looks like someone's simply pasted the image of the Plesiosaur into the picture with the diver.

Not very convincing.                                                      

#7    djdodo

djdodo

Poltergeist

• 2,747 posts

Posted 17 June 2003 - 02:16 PM

CoooooooL ...  cool.gif
But it looks fake ... as a picture ... but as a video ... I really don't know ...  unsure.gif
and ((Althalus)) that picture looks like a map ... lol ...  laugh.gif
but it sure does look like the same creature on the video ...                                                      

<span style='color:pink'>Luv is unpredictable. luv's Blind!
Luv is like a Diamond, when it brakes it turns in to dust.
Dont buy luv with money, it never works</span>

#8    UnpopularLola

UnpopularLola

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 245 posts

Posted 18 June 2003 - 03:26 AM

QUOTE (Kismit @ Jun 17 2003, 09:23 AM)
Nope Magik  , I couldn't afford to live in Kiakora  whistling.gif

Lola your a Kiwi  ohmy.gif  cool  cool.gif

Hehe neither can I, and yep im a kiwi, Kiwi's rule!  grin2.gif

its probably fake but you never know.  ph34r.gif                                                      

#9    Magikman

Magikman

Most Exalted member of the first 15

• 6,280 posts

• "Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur"

Posted 18 June 2003 - 03:36 AM

Turns out it was all a hoax, the divers confessed after someone found the source they used for their fake picture.

CLICK HERE                                                      

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. ~ Carl Sagan

"...man has an irrepressible tendency to read meaning into the buzzing confusion of sights and sounds impinging on his senses; and where no agreed meaning can be found, he will provide it out of his own imagination." ~ Arthur Koestler

#10    Anirbas

Anirbas

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts

• Put your big girl panties on and DEAL with it!

Posted 18 June 2003 - 05:09 AM

man i was getting excited when i read the headline - i'm so disappointed i could do a better fake than that!                                                      

Whatever hits the fan will be distributed evenly!

Lord keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth!!!

My life is 10% what happens to me and 90% what I make of it!

#11    Kismit

Kismit

Telekinetic

• 7,680 posts

Posted 18 June 2003 - 10:34 AM

Darn I  thought it might have been a Map of the North Island ...
        I thought I had finally worked out why Wellington is considered Windy  ohmy.gif                                                      

#12    Lillian416

Lillian416

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 184 posts

Posted 18 June 2003 - 01:00 PM

*sigh* why are all discoveries many many miles away.....why can't somebody discover something close to me, oye ve...                                                      

~~I wish we could all start out old and go out as a rageing orgasm~~

~~Never look down on somebody, unless you are helping them up~~

#13    UnpopularLola

UnpopularLola

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 245 posts

Posted 18 June 2003 - 10:13 PM

hey kismit remember the north island is a fish and the south island is an upturned canoe  ph34r.gif                                                      

#14    Kismit

Kismit

Telekinetic

• 7,680 posts

Posted 18 June 2003 - 10:58 PM

Wow Lola !! So Wellington is the Fishes Bum ...
    No wonder thats were we keep all our polititians   huh.gif                                                      

#15    Delacorr

Delacorr

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 241 posts

Posted 18 June 2003 - 11:57 PM

I may move to New Zealand...user posted image                                                      

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users