Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Faithful See Virgin Mary and Message in Window

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#16    neen

neen

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 785 posts

Posted 19 June 2003 - 01:00 AM

LOL @ Aslan & Dust19 laugh.gif  laugh.gif

Dust19 your avatar gave me the creeps before, now it's down right scary scared.gif  scared.gif  scared.gif  scared.gif                                                      

Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens...-Jimi Hendrix

Posted Image

#17    Magikman

Magikman

Most Exalted member of the first 15

• 6,280 posts

• "Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur"

Posted 19 June 2003 - 03:18 AM

QUOTE (Aslan @ Jun 18 2003, 10:27 PM)
But if you look at my avatar, it is in actual fact saying something deep and profound......

Just coincidentally, Aslan, MC happened to mention that fact just the other day. To me, it just looks like someone chewing bubblegum, albeit rather enthusiastically.  grin2.gif                                                      

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. ~ Carl Sagan

"...man has an irrepressible tendency to read meaning into the buzzing confusion of sights and sounds impinging on his senses; and where no agreed meaning can be found, he will provide it out of his own imagination." ~ Arthur Koestler

#18    Bizarro

Bizarro

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 19 June 2003 - 03:56 AM

back to the topic at hand...

i don't think most Americans are catholic, so why would you attribute a Mary sighting to culture?  

i believe that on occasion, people can see Mary.  i don't understand why, but there are several credible examples of these sightings occurring.  maybe its like seeing a ghost- some people can see them and some can't.  maybe these people do  see her and even if its just condensation, i don't see the harm in them getting all spiritual.  we need more spirituality in this country.                                                        

if there was a meteor,
adrift amongst space,
set about on a collision course
not with Earth, but my face...
i wonder if id even know,
at what time i might,
be passed off like an old style
and by the meteor be smite?

- me, 1997

#19    Aslan

Aslan

Psychic Spy

• 1,523 posts

• Scariest Member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps

Posted 19 June 2003 - 07:15 AM

i don't think most Americans are catholic, so why would you attribute a Mary sighting to culture?

Who said most most Americans are catholic?

The point was that most Americans are christian, which is certainly true. And what else are you going to attribute a Mary sighting to? The objective existence of Mary on a pane of glass?

If it happened in India, nobody would claim it was Mary, would they.                                                      

#20    Bizarro

Bizarro

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 20 June 2003 - 03:24 AM

christians don't see Mary.  catholics see Mary.  

catholics pray to Mary and believe she is a figure that can hear their prayers.  a baptist would not believe in Mary like this, only that she is the mother of Jesus.  if a baptist saw this they would not assume it was Mary-  a catholic might.  

if there was a meteor,
adrift amongst space,
set about on a collision course
not with Earth, but my face...
i wonder if id even know,
at what time i might,
be passed off like an old style
and by the meteor be smite?

- me, 1997

#21    FreyKade

FreyKade

Psychic Spy

• 1,416 posts

Posted 20 June 2003 - 02:25 PM

the vampire myth has been fashioned by christianity. as they are scared of by the crussifix, but how could they if they have been around before the crussifixtion. same with holy water, cept lots of religions have holy water, so maybe that is just blessed water                                                      

"isn't that intresting Dave, i mean every step you take down that chain, takes you one step further from your imagination"

i said
"you're right! youre a bit of a hippy, but you're right"
- Dave Gorman

"Wanna buy some pegs Dave?"
"I got some pegs belonging to you"
- Papa Lazarou

#22    Phantom

Phantom

Psychic Spy

• 1,879 posts

• Bad Ass Member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps

Posted 12 July 2003 - 04:15 PM

QUOTE (Althalus @ Jun 18 2003, 07:57 AM)
I said this somewhere else, but I'll say it here as well, why do the people always see Mary holding a baby Jesus, I thought he supposedly died when he was about 35.

Hmm... I guess, even though she's the mother of God and all, she would have problems carrying him around on her arm with him being 35... Besides, it would look silly...  unsure.gif  

"Do you hear that, Mr. Anderson? That is the sound of inevitability..." - Agent Smith
"Apfelschnaps, it's more than skindeep" - Kismit
"OK, don't quote me anymore..." - Mentalcase

#23    Homer

Homer

Government Agent

• 3,814 posts

Posted 13 July 2003 - 04:27 AM

grin2.gif You have a point there Phantom

אַ֭תָּה אֱלֹהֵ֣י יִשְׁעִ֑י

#24    connecian

connecian

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 232 posts

• When you find true love, keep it close and treasure it.

Posted 19 July 2003 - 07:53 PM

QUOTE (DSchwartz @ Jun 20 2003, 03:24 AM)
christians don't see Mary.  catholics see Mary.  

catholics pray to Mary and believe she is a figure that can hear their prayers.  a baptist would not believe in Mary like this, only that she is the mother of Jesus.  if a baptist saw this they would not assume it was Mary-  a catholic might.

DSchwartz ... you are right that the catholic faith is not prominant in the united states.. but is the most practices "christian" denomination in the world.

Sightings or visions of the Blessed Mother are seen as her blessing those who see her. She is the single most seen sighting in the faith of Catholism. She is also the most beloved in the catholic faith.  

When persons are "visited" by her many take that as  blessing that she is come to grant in them.. that is why they ask for her intercessions in prayer on persons behave for her to take to her Son. When people pray to her and they see her they feel that she is answering her prayers.

Some people take it that they do not need to see her for their faith but, that it is a privilige to see her and that they are so strog in their faith . by having a sighting or visitation that ot shows they are heard and an example of how devote they are in their faith.

I will give you my heart
but please be careful
do not break it
for it is fragile

#25    AndyThorley

AndyThorley

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts

• You're only insane when you think you arent...

Posted 13 August 2003 - 02:33 PM

Can we get some images of this, please...I love seeing stressed deities (no pun intended)

Posted Image

#26    Kaj

Kaj

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 14 August 2003 - 08:57 PM

I would see Thorīs wife "Siv" with their kid "Mode"

But if people want to belive itīs Mary, let them do that.
If it makes them feel good.
It doesnīt hurt anybody?

Just for fun:

Vikings info

Edited by Kaj, 24 July 2005 - 11:52 AM.

We are just farts in space and time.

Be nice !

#27    tendo

tendo

Psychic Spy

• 1,503 posts

• Madness is the emergency exit.

Posted 18 August 2003 - 04:41 AM

personally it looks to me as tho aslans avatar is saying wazoo...

#28    tendo

tendo

Psychic Spy

• 1,503 posts

• Madness is the emergency exit.

Posted 18 August 2003 - 04:43 AM

oh and about the topic, nobody actually knows what mary or Jesus looked like, and in all those catholic churches, it shows a 30 year old lookin mary holdin Jesus, when she was actually about 14 when she had Him.                              Serah

#29    AndyThorley

AndyThorley

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts

• You're only insane when you think you arent...

Posted 18 August 2003 - 12:52 PM

QUOTE (nuthinparanormal @ Aug 18 2003, 04:43 AM)
oh and about the topic, nobody actually knows what mary or Jesus looked like, and in all those catholic churches, it shows a 30 year old lookin mary holdin Jesus, when she was actually about 14 when she had Him.                              Serah

So basically youre saying "We dont know anything about mary, but here's a fact about her..."

Learn consistency.
It is your friend!

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users