Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

What Would Happen?

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#31    Delacorr

Delacorr

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 241 posts

Posted 19 June 2003 - 12:00 PM

Thanks SaRuMan  cool.gif                                                      

#32    Kimm

Kimm

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 19 June 2003 - 12:11 PM

blink.gif hello blink.gif very interesting conversation blink.gif                                                      

Knowledge is power

#33    Delacorr

Delacorr

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 241 posts

Posted 19 June 2003 - 12:14 PM

Hey Kimm! What are your thoughts?                                                      

#34    j6p

j6p

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 19 June 2003 - 03:24 PM

I know what Kimmie is thinking user posted image wub.gif

j6p is being a bad boy today laugh.gif                                                      

#35    djdodo

djdodo

Poltergeist

• 2,747 posts

Posted 19 June 2003 - 04:07 PM

I saw that ((j6p)) .. or Dady  grin2.gif
He he he ..  laugh.gif
you are funny grin2.gif
Ya right?? what are you thinking Kimmy wub.gif ?                                                      

<span style='color:pink'>Luv is unpredictable. luv's Blind!
Luv is like a Diamond, when it brakes it turns in to dust.
Dont buy luv with money, it never works</span>

#36    Delacorr

Delacorr

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 241 posts

Posted 19 June 2003 - 10:29 PM

I dont think Kimm hears us too well....user posted image                                                      

#37    Kimm

Kimm

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 20 June 2003 - 09:20 AM

I think that it is not impossible to rech the speed of light!! But I think that it will be realy hard!!!!! But one problem is that we will have to build realy strong ships!! Becos when traweling in such high speeds I think that the ship wioll have trubble in holing it selfe togheter. We might even disolve  ohmy.gif.                                                      

Knowledge is power

#38    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 19,901 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 20 June 2003 - 09:46 AM

Kimm,

I think the problem is more a case of - how do you build a ship with no mass ?

Remember, anything travelling at extreme relativistic speeds will have an infinite mass - I think trying to build a ship that doesn't fall apart would be the least of your worries.

#39    Kismit

Kismit

Telekinetic

• 7,680 posts

Posted 20 June 2003 - 09:54 AM

I think the problem is more a case of - how do you build a ship with no mass ?

I really am with Halo on this , it's way out of my league but If sound has no mass how fast can we make it travel ? Can it go faster than the speed of sound ?  oh and I know I might be being a little dim but does speed move faster if the volume is turned up ? huh.gif                                                      

#40    Kimm

Kimm

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 20 June 2003 - 10:02 AM

hm......

maby if we could in some way build a ship entyrely out of anti-mater. It is so that anti-mater is the total oposit of mater so I ship made out of anti-mather might just need less and less energie to exelerate. The only problem is that when the crue stepps onbord they and the ship would disolve so......   wink.gif                                                      

Knowledge is power

#41    Tommy

Tommy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,846 posts

Posted 20 June 2003 - 10:03 AM

QUOTE (Kismit @ Jun 20 2003, 10:54 AM)
I know I might be being a little dim but does speed move faster if the volume is turned up ? huh.gif

*lol*laugh.gif Yeah in my experience the journey always seems shorter when you crank up the volume. tongue.gif                                                      

"Superstition created all the gods and angels, all the devils and ghosts, all the witches, demons and goblins, gave us all the augurs, soothsayers and prophets, filled the heavens with signs and wonders, broke the chain of cause and effect, and wrote the history of man in miracles and lies" ~ Robert Green Ingersoll

#42    Kismit

Kismit

Telekinetic

• 7,680 posts

Posted 20 June 2003 - 10:20 AM

laugh.gif @ Tommy                                                        

#43    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 19,901 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 20 June 2003 - 10:40 AM

it's way out of my league but If sound has no mass how fast can we make it travel ? Can it go faster than the speed of sound ?

Kismit,

Sound travels at a maximum of the speed of sound, it can't go any faster, but it can go slower depending on what medium it's travelling through.

original.gif

maby if we could in some way build a ship entyrely out of anti-mater. It is so that anti-mater is the total oposit of mater so I ship made out of anti-mather might just need less and less energie to exelerate.

Kimm,

Anti-Matter has mass - trying to accelerate anti-matter particles at relativistic speeds would induce the same infinite mass problem.                                                      

#44    Kismit

Kismit

Telekinetic

• 7,680 posts

Posted 20 June 2003 - 10:50 AM

Thank you for answering me Saruman  original.gif   By medium you mean Air ? Water dont you ?                                                      

#45    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 19,901 posts

Posted 20 June 2003 - 11:04 AM

Yup - air, water, glass, wood etc. Anything that sound waves can travel through.

original.gif                                                      

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users