Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Liverpool win the European Cup

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#16    MoorWalks

MoorWalks

My freestyle rapping career didn't work out, so I came back

• 6,293 posts

• The illegitimate love-child of Strategy and Creativity. Sex God, Entrepreneur, Super Hero, Rapper, Table Dancer.

Posted 28 May 2005 - 04:24 PM

QUOTE(nick_fury#1 @ May 28 2005, 12:35 PM)
Liverpool winning the champions league is a dark day for the champions league, and soccer as a whole. I do not know what has happened to 'the beautiful game' recently, but it seems underdogs who play with negative tactics and produce often boring spectacles win everything. greece in euro 2004, arsenal in the fa cup and now liverpool in the champions league. The all defeated teams who massively outplayed them by slowing the pace of the game, and turing it into a mundane slogfest. Please uefa, dont let liverpool back in ext year, lets let a real team win the cup this time

View Post

You can say what the hell you like but the Trophy is in Liverpool I also don't think anyone would not agree that they were outplayed by a better team... but only in the first half and there were no negative tacticts in that game and if the rest of Europe are that good then surely they can outclass a team like Liverpool... As for not returning next year?? it is a question of they should be allowed to return to defend their Title.

Posted Image

#17    nick_fury

nick_fury

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts

• Nick Fury!: Smarter than the average bear

Posted 28 May 2005 - 04:45 PM

the rest of europe did outclass liverpool, and in my opinion they were the worst team left in the knockout stages, certainly the worst in the quarter finals. Lets not forget, the only reason they even got out of the groups was gerard, who to give him his dues was inspirational, otherwise their team was distinctly average, looking at their league results will confirm this (they were closer on points to the bottom of the league than top) they grabbed a few early goals and hung on for dear life throughout the knockouts (with the exception of the poor leverkusen) had they faced a form team in the final (milan hadnt won a game since april) it wouldve been a different story... liverpool deserving champions? dont make me laugh i thought boro and newcastle gave a better representation of english football in the uefa cup, and they didnt even make the semis!!

#18    MoorWalks

MoorWalks

• 6,293 posts

• The illegitimate love-child of Strategy and Creativity. Sex God, Entrepreneur, Super Hero, Rapper, Table Dancer.

Posted 28 May 2005 - 04:59 PM

QUOTE(nick_fury#1 @ May 28 2005, 05:45 PM)
the rest of europe did outclass liverpool, and in my opinion they were the worst team left in the knockout stages, certainly the worst in the quarter finals. Lets not forget, the only reason they even got out of the groups was gerard, who to give him his dues was inspirational, otherwise their team was distinctly average, looking at their league results will confirm this (they were closer on points to the bottom of the league than top) they grabbed a few early goals and hung on for dear life throughout the knockouts (with the exception of the poor leverkusen) had they faced a form team in the final (milan hadnt won a game since april) it wouldve been a different story... liverpool deserving champions? dont make me laugh i thought boro and newcastle gave a better representation of english football in the uefa cup, and they didnt even make the semis!!

View Post

Regardless to what you feel about the early stages that Final was a brilliant show of football by Liverpool and no one can deny that.

Posted Image

#19    nick_fury

nick_fury

Psychic Spy

• 1,547 posts

Posted 28 May 2005 - 05:03 PM

indeed it was a great match, but so was chelsea v baraclona 2nd leg, my point is just because they pulled off 1 somewhat fortunate victory, we shouldn't go proclaiming them as the great saviours of the english game, they are far inferior to the man utd treble winning team of 1999

Edited by nick_fury#1, 28 May 2005 - 05:03 PM.

#20    MoorWalks

MoorWalks

• 6,293 posts

Posted 28 May 2005 - 05:11 PM

QUOTE(nick_fury#1 @ May 28 2005, 06:03 PM)
indeed it was a great match, but so was chelsea v baraclona 2nd leg, my point is just because they pulled off 1 somewhat fortunate victory, we shouldn't go proclaiming them as the great saviours of the english game, they are far inferior to the man utd treble winning team of 1999

View Post

I don't think they are the great saviours or being procaliemed to be the great saviours of English football but it is a start in the right direction for them now to move forward I think their manager now will be given a little freedom to start to build a new genration to of Liverpool players to compliment the likes of Gerard and Carragher. I take your point also mentioned earlier about the Arsenal win, Man U were all over them and to fianlly lose like that to a team the outclassed was unfortunate but regardless to how they played they missed a lot of chances on goal and there is no point playing a great game but have no finishing touches.

Posted Image

#21    warden

warden

Poltergeist

• 2,751 posts

Posted 28 May 2005 - 08:12 PM

I donk think Liverpool should be in it next year,we should all stick to the rules,and adhear to them ,no matter how big your club is

but we all know the power of money and TV sponsership no.gif

One thing to think about,how the hell can you be 4th in your league but be the best in europe,the cup is all about the money teams and has lost its history,greed has popped up its ugly head again

#22    MoorWalks

MoorWalks

• 6,293 posts

Posted 28 May 2005 - 09:49 PM

QUOTE(warden @ May 28 2005, 09:12 PM)
I donk think Liverpool should be in it next year,we should all stick to the rules,and adhear to them ,no matter how big your club is

One thing to think about,how the hell can you be 4th in your league but be the best in europe,the cup is all about the money teams and has lost its history,greed has popped up its ugly head again

View Post

I disagree if this was about money, Chelsea woudl be holding everything on offer, however I am old fashiond and I think the title holders should, regardless to their position in football leagues defend their title.

Posted Image

#23    warden

warden

Poltergeist

• 2,751 posts

Posted 28 May 2005 - 09:52 PM

QUOTE(XSAS @ May 28 2005, 09:49 PM)

View Post

I disagree if this was about money, Chelsea woudl be holding everything on offer, however I am old fashiond and I think the title holders should, regardless to their position in football leagues defend their title.

View Post

I think you have misread my post XSAS,UEFA needs clubs in these competitions who have a massive pulling power ,liverpool are one of them,so you might see UEFA bending the rules to make sure they are in for next season,i hope not as if it were Celtic they would have been told already to p-ss of

#24    MoorWalks

MoorWalks

• 6,293 posts

Posted 28 May 2005 - 10:52 PM

QUOTE(warden @ May 28 2005, 10:52 PM)

View Post

View Post

I think you have misread my post XSAS,UEFA needs clubs in these competitions who have a massive pulling power ,liverpool are one of them,so you might see UEFA bending the rules to make sure they are in for next season,i hope not as if it were Celtic they would have been told already to p-ss of

View Post

Sorry but like I said regadless to it being Celtic or Liverpool they should be the ones to defend their rightfully earn'd title but I can see what your saying, I bet Liverpool do get the OK to defend there title.. I don't think this privelidge would have been afforded to a Scottish team. I had not thought about that..... What a shitter!

Let me post something to bring our spirits back up?

Attached Files

Edited by XSAS, 28 May 2005 - 10:56 PM.

Posted Image

#25    warden

warden

Poltergeist

• 2,751 posts

Posted 29 May 2005 - 10:58 AM

QUOTE(XSAS @ May 28 2005, 10:52 PM)
QUOTE(warden @ May 28 2005, 10:52 PM)

View Post

View Post

View Post

Sorry but like I said regadless to it being Celtic or Liverpool they should be the ones to defend their rightfully earn'd title but I can see what your saying, I bet Liverpool do get the OK to defend there title.. I don't think this privelidge would have been afforded to a Scottish team. I had not thought about that..... What a shitter!

Let me post something to bring our spirits back up?

View Post

LOL ,seen it in the paper the other day thumbsup.gif

The champions league has become a joke,imagine being 4th in your league,you are 30 points behind your leading team that win your league and you get an aesy draw and go on to win the cup,how the hell does that make you the championsof Europe when you arent even the champions of your own country,,,MONEY  has spoilt the game

Lets go back to one champion from each country goes into the champions league to see who is the best,the old way was the best

#26    Blackleaf

Blackleaf

Psychic Spy

• Banned
  • 1,223 posts

Posted 29 May 2005 - 11:04 AM

QUOTE(openmind1963 @ May 27 2005, 11:42 PM)
QUOTE(warden @ May 27 2005, 07:04 AM)
QUOTE(openmind1963 @ May 26 2005, 09:34 PM)
what kind of high school sports are played in england?soccer,basketball,baseball,
hockey,tackle football?how do you think a bunch of british rugby all stars would do
on the nfl field against ray lewis,lavar arrington,or john elway?

View Post

We  would wipe the floor with you lot,our boys dont need to be padded up to the hilt to protect our little bones,

Our boys would be fitter as well so would run you into the ground,yous have a break every 3 seconds to get a breather,we guys go solid for 80 mins (with a little break in between RA RA RA

View Post

maybe one day that will happen.if an nfl player were to hit one of your girly men soccer or ruby players,the doctors would have to strain the dirt on the field to
find their remains!!!rugby is a great game,but you gotta be really bored and
feminine to play soccer.

View Post

If NFL players are such hard men, then why do they were 10 tonnes of body armour?  Our rugby is similar to your football, but rugby is a contact sport and a dangerous one and the players hardly were any padding or armour.  NFL is almost a non-contact sport, it stops and starts every 30 seconds and the players wear loads of bodt armour and even helmets.

#27    warden

warden

Poltergeist

• 2,751 posts

Posted 29 May 2005 - 11:06 AM

QUOTE(Blackleaf @ May 29 2005, 11:04 AM)
QUOTE(openmind1963 @ May 27 2005, 11:42 PM)
QUOTE(warden @ May 27 2005, 07:04 AM)
QUOTE(openmind1963 @ May 26 2005, 09:34 PM)
what kind of high school sports are played in england?soccer,basketball,baseball,
hockey,tackle football?how do you think a bunch of british rugby all stars would do

View Post

We  would wipe the floor with you lot,our boys dont need to be padded up to the hilt to protect our little bones,

Our boys would be fitter as well so would run you into the ground,yous have a break every 3 seconds to get a breather,we guys go solid for 80 mins (with a little break in between RA RA RA

View Post

maybe one day that will happen.if an nfl player were to hit one of your girly men soccer or ruby players,the doctors would have to strain the dirt on the field to
find their remains!!!rugby is a great game,but you gotta be really bored and
feminine to play soccer.

View Post

If NFL players are such hard men, then why do they were 10 tonnes of body armour?  Our rugby is similar to your football, but rugby is a contact sport and a dangerous one and the players hardly were any padding or armour.  NFL is almost a non-contact sport, it stops and starts every 30 seconds and the players wear loads of bodt armour and even helmets.

View Post

Exactly what i said  thumbsup.gif

#28    nick_fury

nick_fury

Psychic Spy

• 1,547 posts

Posted 29 May 2005 - 12:08 PM

QUOTE(openmind1963 @ May 26 2005, 10:34 PM)

View Post

What about other american sports though, basketball? ouch he slapped my hand! foul! he ran into me! foul!he obstructed me from running! foul!
football players go out every week and often get injured for momnths at a time, look at djibril cisse back last year, he was close to never being able to walk again

#29    MoorWalks

MoorWalks

• 6,293 posts

Posted 29 May 2005 - 06:22 PM

QUOTE(nick_fury#1 @ May 29 2005, 01:08 PM)
QUOTE(openmind1963 @ May 26 2005, 10:34 PM)

View Post

What about other american sports though, basketball? ouch he slapped my hand! foul! he ran into me! foul!he obstructed me from running! foul!
football players go out every week and often get injured for momnths at a time, look at djibril cisse back last year, he was close to never being able to walk again

View Post

Cisse and his ability to come back after that double break is amazing but there are many that milk the injury excuse like Harry Kewell.

Posted Image

#30    Tommy

Tommy

Psychic Spy

• 1,846 posts

Posted 29 May 2005 - 07:24 PM

The champions league has become a joke,imagine being 4th in your league,you are 30 points behind your leading team that win your league and you get an aesy draw and go on to win the cup,how the hell does that make you the championsof Europe when you arent even the champions of your own country

As they say, itís the luck of the draw.  thumbsup.gif  

Hereís some pics of St Georges sq, and the party bus.. cool.gif

Attached Files

"Superstition created all the gods and angels, all the devils and ghosts, all the witches, demons and goblins, gave us all the augurs, soothsayers and prophets, filled the heavens with signs and wonders, broke the chain of cause and effect, and wrote the history of man in miracles and lies" ~ Robert Green Ingersoll

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users