Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Interesting - See Yourself As You Really Are......

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1    Magikman

Magikman

Most Exalted member of the first 15

• 6,280 posts

• "Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur"

Posted 20 January 2002 - 07:45 AM

Here's something that many of you may enjoy. It forms a personal profile based on your choice of colors. Give it a try and post your feelings as to the accuracy of the test.

http://www.colorgenics.com/intro.html

Mine was surprisingly accurate except for this - "You don't like conflict and you endeavour to avoid criticism."  :P

MAGIKMAN  :)

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. ~ Carl Sagan

"...man has an irrepressible tendency to read meaning into the buzzing confusion of sights and sounds impinging on his senses; and where no agreed meaning can be found, he will provide it out of his own imagination." ~ Arthur Koestler

#2    ScaryD

ScaryD

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 20 January 2002 - 04:40 PM

V. Interesting Magik.  Mine was interesting, especially this->

"You don't like authority and you rebel against all forms of limitation. You are your own person and you intend to stay that way .. and to get on in the world simply by your hard work and determination"

Who MOI?!
;) ;D

Every time a child says 'I don't believe in fairies'  there is a little fairy somewhere that falls down dead.J.M.Barrie | Peter Pan

#3    FarvLarion

FarvLarion

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 135 posts

Posted 20 January 2002 - 08:22 PM

Well, ummm, errr, this doesn't exactly fit my image, but I guess that I can't see the forest from the trees.  This is what they said about me.

You are feeling so depressed because it seems that everything that could go wrong has gone wrong and you don't quite know which way to turn.

Everyone feels despondent at times ... and you are no exception. You are feeling so depressed because it seems that everything that could go wrong has gone wrong and you don't quite know which way to turn. So like the proverbial ostrich - you are trying to bury your head in the sand ... But that won't work. You have to face reality .....

For some time now your hopes and expectations have been denied...and because of this you are becoming withdrawn and introverted.

Your refusal to admit that you and you alone is the basic cause of your problems, and this leads to you adopting a headstrong and defiant attitude.

Farv M Larion   ???

Abiogenesis (ab-i-o-jen`-a-sis) n. (Biol.) The theory of spontaineous generation from non-living matter [Gk. a-: neg.: bios, life, genesis, birth].  Farv Michael Larion

#4    PurpleStuart

PurpleStuart

Goth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,118 posts

• The Most Purple Haired Gothic Hedonistic member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps

Posted 20 January 2002 - 08:37 PM

Hmm mine is sort of true, but i noticed that the "profile" was leading somewhat, you know - sort of saying between the lines that you could improve your life with Colourgenics and that you were incomplete without out it... The sort of blurb that cults and Ad-men come up with. I was half expecting it to say "if you want to find out more send us $999.99" at the bottom of the page.

never take me too seriously

#5    PurpleStuart

PurpleStuart

Goth

• 2,118 posts

• The Most Purple Haired Gothic Hedonistic member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps

Posted 20 January 2002 - 08:38 PM

Yep FarvLarion, mine was quite negative as well.

#6    FarvLarion

FarvLarion

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 135 posts

Posted 21 January 2002 - 08:19 AM

Hopefully no suicidal people go on there expecting to hear something good about their life, and find them saying all of this bad stuff.   :-/

Farv M Larion

Abiogenesis (ab-i-o-jen`-a-sis) n. (Biol.) The theory of spontaineous generation from non-living matter [Gk. a-: neg.: bios, life, genesis, birth].  Farv Michael Larion

#7    Homer

Homer

Government Agent

• 3,814 posts

Posted 21 January 2002 - 08:00 PM

Mine was, for the most part, accurate. But it was accurate in a generalized sort of way. I'm not going to reveal any of the text, but it seems to me that most of it would pertain to most people.

Homer[glow=color,strength,width]

אַ֭תָּה אֱלֹהֵ֣י יִשְׁעִ֑י

#8    dean-g

dean-g

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 165 posts

Posted 21 January 2002 - 11:28 PM

what a load of cr*p!!!! it says i'm sensitive!!
it may be a false reading, i'm colour blind! ;D

look behind you!!.........BOO!

#9    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 20,289 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 22 January 2002 - 12:38 PM

I found mine to be quite accurate in some ways, whereas in other ways what it said could be applied to almost anyone.

It's amazing to think you can create an entire profile of someone from looking at the order of colours they've chosen. I've tried other similar profile generators in the past, but none have ever produced such detailed and interesting results.

Well worth a shot to those who haven't already tried it.

#10    Druss

Druss

Psychic Spy

• 1,209 posts

• My tongue is firmly in my cheek

Posted 22 January 2002 - 11:30 PM

Some things were spot on, others way off the mark I'll give it 6/10

;D

#11    Tommy

Tommy

Psychic Spy

• 1,846 posts

Posted 23 January 2002 - 12:59 AM

I'll agree with most of you in that mine was a depressing read as well.  :-[

Man, what a way to end the night; depressed about what colours I've put in order. :-/

Tommy

"Superstition created all the gods and angels, all the devils and ghosts, all the witches, demons and goblins, gave us all the augurs, soothsayers and prophets, filled the heavens with signs and wonders, broke the chain of cause and effect, and wrote the history of man in miracles and lies" ~ Robert Green Ingersoll

#12    odinsupreme

odinsupreme

Odin

• 1,097 posts

• Yes.

Posted 23 January 2002 - 07:50 PM

I tried almost all ways to order the colors but they are all pretty depressing.. Well, probably we are all very depresses and we all live in a black box on the edge of sanity.. ;D

Odin Supreme 8)

#13    SpaceyKC

SpaceyKC

Government Agent

• 3,349 posts

• Thank you TO

Posted 31 January 2002 - 05:04 PM

Hi everyone,

I liked what my reading said about me - I thought it was pretty accurate,  except for the part that stated, "You are an emotional and impressionable individual."  I AM NOT EMOTIONAL!  I THOUGHT THAT WAS VERY PRESUMPTUOUS OF THEM!  What do you all think?  Should I take their opinions seriously?  Maybe I need to change!  ;)

Take care!  
         ~NORA~

"Science may have found a cure for most evils;  but it has
         found no remedy for the worst of them all --- the apathy of human beings."
                                                     Helen Keller

#14    PurpleStuart

PurpleStuart

Goth

• 2,118 posts

Posted 31 January 2002 - 08:02 PM

I think the answers are too general and could in part apply to anyone, so i wouldn't take it too much to heart  :)

#15    SpaceyKC

SpaceyKC

Government Agent

• 3,349 posts

• Thank you TO

Posted 31 January 2002 - 09:46 PM

Hi P.S.,
       Thank you for your concern,  I was just being a goof.  I would never let stuff like that get to me.  (Although it did say I was a bit thick...skinned, that is) :P
    Take care,
     NORA

"Science may have found a cure for most evils;  but it has
         found no remedy for the worst of them all --- the apathy of human beings."
                                                     Helen Keller

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users