Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Star Wars: Episode III

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 20,838 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 21 June 2003 - 12:58 PM

Found out some details regarding the upcoming Star Wars movie - these come from the transcript from a chat between a Star Wars website and the film's producer Rick Mccallum.

No word on the title yet though, and details are sketchy at best.

Star Wars Episode 3 will include the following :

--Large Scale Space Battle at the beginning
--Most Lightsaber Battles ever in one movie
--Mace Windu Battles a Sith Lord (?answer: "Possibly.......")
--All battles will be of a very large scale (paraphrased: "bigger than Geonosis")
--Episode III will bridge the gap between PT & OT
--Episode III will answer MOST unanswered questions.
--Episode III will be around 2 hours long
--Episode III takes place 3 years after AOTC
--Episode III will be rated PG
--We will see A LOT of new worlds
--Hayden has really bulked up for the role. ("Arms as big as Rick's thighs")
--Anakin will be doing some evil things
--Anakin's transition to Vader will be "intense"
--Jar Jar has less screen time than AOTC
--Anakin vs. Obi-Wan will be "awesome"
--Rick personally wouldn't let a 3 year old see Episode III  
--Expect a lot of great changes like Clonetroopers to Stormtroopers
--Episode III has a more adventure feel to it
--Christopher Lee is in great shape, ready to go for Episode III
--Ben Burtt's back as sound designer
--There's a new bad guy. ("Yes, expect someone serious.")  
--The emperor or Anakin will make use of the darkside of the force...ex..lightning or chokes. ("Yes, and even more.")
--We will see some nice glorious deaths in Episode 3. ("Absolutely. None of these whimpy fights with droids.")

Source : theforce.net                                                      

#2    Homer

Homer

Government Agent

• 3,814 posts

Posted 21 June 2003 - 01:34 PM

I have owned a rough draft script of Episode III for several years, and I can hardly wait to see it.  original.gif                                                      

אַ֭תָּה אֱלֹהֵ֣י יִשְׁעִ֑י

#3    Starlyte

Starlyte

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,657 posts

• Wisdom begins in wonder.
    --Socrates

Posted 23 June 2003 - 02:15 PM

I have owned a rough draft script of Episode III for several years, and I can hardly wait to see it.

How did you get something like that?                                                      

The Earth has music for those who listen." - Shakespeare

Posted Image

#4    Homer

Homer

Government Agent

• 3,814 posts

Posted 24 June 2003 - 01:42 AM

Same place where I have gotten a rough draft script of all the Star Wars episodes. I was 8 years old when Star Wars first came out, and was an instant fanatic. I was a member of the Fan Club for over a decade and acquired thousands of dollars of cool stuff. I received them as limited offers through the fan club.

Star Wars is cool cool.gif                                                      

#5    SpaceyKC

SpaceyKC

Government Agent

• 3,349 posts

• Thank you TO

Posted 24 June 2003 - 02:52 AM

Wow,  Homer,  you are really a dedicated fan!  wink.gif

Fans are cool!   original.gif                                                      

"Science may have found a cure for most evils;  but it has
         found no remedy for the worst of them all --- the apathy of human beings."
                                                     Helen Keller

#6    Space Moose

Space Moose

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 24 June 2003 - 03:25 AM

Did you happen to get a script of the Star Wars Holiday Special as well?  I can't imagine that Lucas would have wanted that out, he is upset enough about the bootlegged version of it floating around, but it would be interesting to see what that looked like on paper.  Most notably, I would like to see how they managed to justify in written word a scene of Wookies talking to eachother.                                                      

#7    Homer

Homer

Government Agent

• 3,814 posts

Posted 24 June 2003 - 03:59 AM

No I don't have the Holiday Special, and have never heard of it. If that was a joke, I'm sorry but I didn't get it. There is quite a bit that got out that Lucas didn't want, which is quite unfortunate. People that do things like that are not fans, but are people who want to make a fast buck.

But it's really not that interesting. Reading the book is far more interesting, because the script doesn't capture the scene and involve the reader like the book does. Still a nice addition to the collection, though original.gif

Wow, Homer, you are really a dedicated fan!

Well, it's more like I was a dedicated fan. I'm not the fanatic I used to be. I'm a fan of you now KC wub.gif                                                      

#8    Space Moose

Space Moose

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 24 June 2003 - 05:56 AM

QUOTE (Homer @ Jun 24 2003, 03:59 AM)
No I don't have the Holiday Special, and have never heard of it. If that was a joke, I'm sorry but I didn't get it. There is quite a bit that got out that Lucas didn't want, which is quite unfortunate. People that do things like that are not fans, but are people who want to make a fast buck.

Rest assured, that is no joke.  It is out there, and it is "special".

Here is a handy link which will shed a little more light on this: http://www.x-entertainment.com/messages/236.html

The Holiday Special isn't something that "snuck out", it was broadcast on TV.  I happen to have a copy, on the PC even.  Arragements can be made for any who wish to see it, but be warned...                                                      

#9    Kismit

Kismit

Telekinetic

• 7,680 posts

Posted 24 June 2003 - 09:30 AM

Hey!!  I actually remember watching this movie as a kid .
  I understood everything the "Wookies" said , It was shown in Australia on WIN TV in 1982 and I remember I cried when the  Stormtroopers ripped the head off of the Baby Wookie's teddybear . sad.gif
    I actually enjoyed it , but then again I was only 8  original.gif                                                      

#10    Homer

Homer

Government Agent

• 3,814 posts

Posted 25 June 2003 - 05:43 AM

Thanks for the information Space Moose. I remember the show, but it's been so many years ago, that I had forgotten it was a Holiday Special.

There have been a few made for TV Star Wars specials, and I thought they were all terrible. I don't really consider them worthy of being Star Wars, but that's just my opinion.

Thanks again for the info. I remember that it was terrible, but I had forgotten just how terrible it was.                                                      

#11    Kimm

Kimm

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 25 June 2003 - 12:44 PM

Large Scale Space Battle at the beginning

grin2.gif  cool.gif

Most Lightsaber Battles ever in one movie

grin2.gif  cool.gif  w00t.gif

All battles will be of a very large scale (paraphrased: "bigger than Geonosis")

grin2.gif  grin2.gif  w00t.gif  cool.gif

Anakin will be doing some evil things

sad.gif

Jar Jar has less screen time than AOTC

grin2.gif                                                      

Knowledge is power

#12    Halo_Jones

Halo_Jones

Psychic Spy

• 2,067 posts

• Thanks to Universal Absurdity and The Barman for my new Groovy Dynamite Diva.....See UA & thebarman's Animated Avatar Workshop

Posted 25 June 2003 - 05:24 PM

sad.gif

Are you Mad!!!!!!! Jar Jar Bad!!!!!  grin2.gif                                                      

#13    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 20,838 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 25 June 2003 - 05:54 PM

*lol* yeah I think that was by popular demand.  grin2.gif                                                      

#14    Ronin6th

Ronin6th

Psychic Spy

• 1,499 posts

Posted 26 June 2003 - 05:54 AM

Pleeeeeaaaaaase get Jar Jar out of Episode 3...! laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif                                                      

If you cannot be the First, be the One.

*Signature removed, exceeds permitted size guidelines - Click Here for details.

#15    Kimm

Kimm

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 07 July 2003 - 09:10 AM

ok.......I abmit.......Jar Jar is bad.......lol                                                      

Knowledge is power

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users