Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

God is the one true god...

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#1    JayRob303

JayRob303

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts

• Only in the darkness, can you see true light...The Steel Circle

*by Isis*

Posted 09 June 2005 - 11:53 PM

It might just be ignorance on my part...but, from what I remember, the bible never said that there weren't any other gods or dieties, you just aren't allowed to put them in front of God.

What's your take on this?

Are there other gods and/or dieties?

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

'Even now in Heaven there are Angles carrying savage weapons.' - Saint Paul

#2    Ashley-Star*Child

Ashley-Star*Child

Alien Abducter

• 5,014 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 01:31 AM

When the angels of Enoch came to Earth certain people considered them and their hybrid offspring, the Nephilim, to be 'gods'. They aren't 'gods', they just aren't human.

Mnay of the 'gods' the Egyptians depicted look like the description of angels. Like the 4 headed-3 part animal Cherubim representative of the 4 fixed signs of the zodiac.

Posted Image

#3    eckogangsta

eckogangsta

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 01:34 AM

Ashley, is the "Only GOD can judge me" in your profile Tu Pac's song... or did u just put that there? j/w

*good song btw

#4    JayRob303

JayRob303

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts

*by Isis*

Posted 10 June 2005 - 03:03 AM

What is 'The Book of Enoch'?  Can you give me a general idea of what is in it?

What about dieties such as Zeus, Athena, Posiedon, etc...?  Could they have been Nephilim?

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

#5    TaintedDoughnuts

TaintedDoughnuts

Voted Most Original Username 2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts

• Moo.

Posted 10 June 2005 - 03:06 AM

QUOTE(JayRob303 @ Jun 9 2005, 08:03 PM)
What is 'The Book of Enoch'?  Can you give me a general idea of what is in it?

What about dieties such as Zeus, Athena, Posiedon, etc...?  Could they have been Nephilim?

View Post

the book of Enoch is one of the "lost books of the Bible"  they are books which supposedly were left out when the Bible was created.

#6    JayRob303

JayRob303

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts

*by Isis*

Posted 10 June 2005 - 03:11 AM

Something that the 'church' didn't want 'us' to see (type of thing)?

Isn't there supposedly a book of the bible that was written by Jesus himself, that basically cast out religous gathering places, and says that god is within us all...  And needless to say, the catholic church keeps it under lock and key for 'personal' gain, to continue the money flowing in....

#7    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 25,071 posts

• Paranoid Android... No power in the verse can stop me...

Posted 10 June 2005 - 03:52 AM

The Old Testament refers to "gods" as in the false gods that the nations worship.  These gods take the guise of idols in the shape of Earthly creatures, which obviously have no power because God created all these things in the first place.  The prophet Isaiah for example, spoke to the people of Israel saying

"This is what the LORD says - ... Who then is like me? Let him proclaim it.  Let him declare and lay out before me... Who shapes a god and casts an idol, which can profit him nothing?" (Isaiah 44:6-10)

Idols are man-made objects that have no value, but God is everlasting!

Furthermore, each person follows or strives for something in their lives.  Whatever that "something" is, to them that is god.  If it is money, then their god is money (cf. Matthew 19:16-24).  If it is career, then that is their god.  If they trust only in themselves, they are their own god.  The list is endless.  But as with idols, they are only things created by human beings.  Why worship them when you can worship the creator of these things.

Hope this information helps.  Until next time,    

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

#8    Mad Manfred

Mad Manfred

Cutesy Wootsy

• 4,505 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 03:59 AM

QUOTE(JayRob303 @ Jun 10 2005, 10:53 AM)

View Post

They're all fictitious creations used as a means to control the ignorant and gullible. No offense. So no. There are none.

#9    Xenojjin

Xenojjin

Midnight Shadow

• 2,745 posts

• Ride the Air

Posted 10 June 2005 - 05:27 AM

book of enoch

Posted Image

#10    antiaging

antiaging

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 06:12 AM

QUOTE(JayRob303 @ Jun 9 2005, 05:53 PM)
It might just be ignorance on my part...but, from what I remember, the bible never said that there weren't any other gods or dieties, you just aren't allowed to put them in front of God.

What's your take on this?

View Post

The bible does say that there are no other gods except the true God of Israel.

Isaiah 44:6 Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.

19 Isaiah 44:8 Fear ye not, neither be afraid: have not I told thee from that time, and have declared it? ye are even my witnesses. Is there a God beside me? yea, there is no God; I know not any.

20 Isaiah 45:5 I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me:

The bible also says that the false gods that the heathen worship are devils.
Devils have deceived people into worshipping them.

1 Corinthians 10:20 But I say, that the things which the Gentiles sacrifice, they sacrifice to devils, and not to God: and I would not that ye should have fellowship with devils.
39 1 Corinthians 10:21 Ye cannot drink the cup of the Lord, and the cup of devils: ye cannot be partakers of the Lord's table, and of the table of devils.

Revelation 9:20 And the rest of the men which were not killed by these plagues yet repented not of the works of their hands, that they should not worship devils, and idols of gold, and silver, and brass, and stone, and of wood: which neither can see, nor hear, nor walk:

#11    Ashley-Star*Child

Ashley-Star*Child

Alien Abducter

• 5,014 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 08:13 AM

Ecko,

Yes, actually it is from 2pac's song, but it has a double meaning lol.

Jay,

The Book of Enoch is the REAL first book of the Bible. Enoch was the first prophet and the first to write, and his book predates Geneis. Genesis in fact came from Jubilees, given to MOSES, (Enoch was BEFORE the flood, Noah's great-grandfather) by an angel, and within it is an account of the fall of the angels, Nephilim and Enoch's book. Genesis was a SECOND account of creation given by an angel (and goes more in-depth than Genesis goes, as, like many other books in the Bible, it's only part of the whole original text, Jubilees), Enoch was told the account of Creation directly by God (and that creation was 7000 YEARS, not 7 days, as one day to God is 1000 Earth years). The Jwish people DID keep it as a sacred book, and it was in the Dead Sea Scrolls, but didn't accept the notion of fallen angels. With Christianity, it was Augustine who threw it out, along with astrology (it specifically states that God have the horoscope - entire astrological birth chart - to every newborn child), ad in it's places bmade up the idea of 'Original Sin'.

And yes, those Greek mythology, Egyptian 'gods' etc ALL fit the description of both Nephilim AND angels.

Posted Image

#12    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,812 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 10 June 2005 - 07:50 PM

And yes, those Greek mythology, Egyptian 'gods' etc ALL fit the description of both Nephilim AND angels.

Hmm... why do you seem so positive about that? How do you know its not the other way around kind of... where the Biblical god is one of the bad characters who is trying to syphon followers from true gods such as the Egyptian or greek gods by portraying THEM as bad ones?

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#13    hyperactive

hyperactive

abu gaia

• 5,691 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 08:47 PM

Hmm... why do you seem so positive about that? How do you know its not the other way around kind of... where the Biblical god is one of the bad characters who is trying to syphon followers from true gods such as the Egyptian or greek gods by portraying THEM as bad ones?
[right]View Post[/right]
[/quote]

because it is like war.  each side must believe itself to be the 'right' side. same as how people always presuppose that they are 'right' because to premise with the opposite is to have to challenge what they believe in.

"He who knows not and knows not he knows not, he is a fool - shun him.
He who knows not and knows he knows not, he is simple - teach him.
He who knows and knows not he knows, he is asleep - awaken him.
He who knows and knows that he knows, he is wise - follow him. "
Arabia

#14    zandore

zandore

EX-Christian

• 9,640 posts

• I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.
    Genghis Khan

Posted 10 June 2005 - 09:42 PM

Ex.15:11
"Who is like unto thee, O LORD, among the gods?"

Ex.18:11
"Now I know that the LORD is greater than all gods."

Ex.20:3
"Thou shalt have no other gods before me."

Ex.22:20
"He that sacrificeth unto any god, save unto the LORD only, he shall be utterly destroyed."

Zeph.2:11
"The Lord will be terrible to them: for he will famish all the gods of the earth."

Jn.10:33-34
"The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God. Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?"

"A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy,
education, and social ties; no religious basis is necessary.
Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear
of punishment and hope of reward after death."

Albert Einstein

Survey Says....

#15    JayRob303

JayRob303

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts

*by Isis*

Posted 10 June 2005 - 10:15 PM

QUOTE(zandore @ Jun 10 2005, 04:42 PM)
Ex.15:11
"Who is like unto thee, O LORD, among the gods?"

Ex.18:11
"Now I know that the LORD is greater than all gods."

Ex.20:3
"Thou shalt have no other gods before me."

Ex.22:20
"He that sacrificeth unto any god, save unto the LORD only, he shall be utterly destroyed."

Zeph.2:11
"The Lord will be terrible to them: for he will famish all the gods of the earth."

Jn.10:33-34
"The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God. Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?"

View Post

Zandore has a few of the quotes from the bible that I was talking about.  It kind of leads me to believe that there are other gods, but you can't put them above the Lord.  It's just kind of strange to me...
If God created the heavens and the earth, did he create the angels and/or other dieties, or did they co-exist in the nothingness that was before everything...
To me (personally), there is an essence of God within everything.  He created it and allows it's existance for reasons that are unknown to us.  And he left Gaia or Mother Earth to care for us and provide a home.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users